General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Diniah said:
    ....that is so not fair. Evil bear. :(
    It's okay, in the summer he can't leave his house without his skin melting.
  • Sheesh, people, start using a scale that actually makes sense.

It's (right now) 4 degrees outside. Over the next week, it'll be between 10 degrees and -3 degrees. Spring sucks :(
  • edited March 2014
    So, once again, my holiday time at work is screwed over by the fact my grandparents (who also work at the same place I do) want to book their vacation earlier, which meshes with mine. This now means, because I can't poke the hornets nest that is my grandparents, that I have to be all kiss-ass and say yes ma'am to my mother (the manager) when she told me that my holiday is cut short a day (and a weekend). 
    I do more hours than both of my grandparents, I put in extra, I do a LOT MORE EXTRA, but they still get special snowflake status, because they have department manager and senior sales adviser attached to their names.Well feck your shiny titles :( 
    It doesn't help that I tell mum how I feel, because if she says something to them (they really are a hornet's nest), they'll be all GRR WE DO SO MUCH FOR YOU *guilttrip* parent thing parents do, which then backfires back down to me, because mum feels like she's been put in a position. The way with our family is, it's better to keep quiet and say nothing, keep secrets and lie a lot. Which I hate. (IcannotwaitformysupersecretplanstobeputinactionafterSeptemberthisyear)

On the upside, mum has given me extra time off much later, and has also given me the Monday 12th of May off too, so that means I'll be at the UK meet from the 9th to the 12th now ^-^ 

The pros and cons of being the manager's daughter.

EDIT: IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU TO WORK WITH FAMILY OR FAMILY OFFER YOU TO WORK WITH THEM, SAY NO. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. (Of course, if you get on really well like I do with my mum, then go ahead)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Anita said:
    EDIT: IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU TO WORK WITH FAMILY OR FAMILY OFFER YOU TO WORK WITH THEM, SAY NO. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. 
    This. Always this. ALWAYS.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2014
    By the way, I can totally go outside in the summer without melting.  I just make sure I always carry, at a minimum, a liter of water on me when I do.  XD

As for working with family, you just have to have the right family.
  • Forgetting my own aliases ._.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Tarkenton said:
    By the way, I can totally go outside in the summer without melting.  I just make sure I always carry, at a minimum, a liter of water on me when I do.  XD

As for working with family, you just have to have the right family.
    My policy is to never go anywhere outside that isn't a direct path between an air conditioned building and my air conditioned car.

Been doing some checking and Las Vegas heat isn't much worse than St. George heat in the summer, so I shouldn't need too much adjustment.  I'm ready.  (also, house i'm living in has a pool).  

My dissatisfaction is that some people should simply NOT be allowed to do business.  The books I've been getting from my clients are down right awful.  It's a good thing I don't ever have to see my clients in person, so I can hate them all I want :D
    Stangmar - Retired

• Lost my job. :( Boss resigned and they shut down the whole office, didn't even give us the last full week of work to get things closed up. 
  • Tajalli said:
    Lost my job. :( Boss resigned and they shut down the whole office, didn't even give us the last full week of work to get things closed up. 
    Yuck. I hope you can find another one easily. Good luck with it.
  • Tajalli said:
    Lost my job. :( Boss resigned and they shut down the whole office, didn't even give us the last full week of work to get things closed up. 

Sorry to hear. Best of luck with finding a new one.
  • Thanks guys, I appreciate the well-wishes!
  • Every reference I've seen about the wyrdenwood skill is a bit different from every other, and none of them match the AB files I've unlocked yet. I'm just not gonna know what I'm capable until I trans it myself
  • If you want your tax guy to like you, give him ALL of your information. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I can probably find the most accurate ABs with a little work.
  • edited March 2014
    Took nearly eight years to realize Ooparu (or her player) wasn't such a good person to be with. Kahazul (Guido) and others were right.

On the upside, it's great to see so many people I recognize doing well.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Telrath said:
    Took nearly eight years to realize Ooparu (or her player) wasn't such a good person to be with. Kahazul (Guido) and others were right.

On the upside, it's great to see so many people I recognize doing well.

Oh ho, called it. IRL aggro.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That awkward moment when you presume your son is faking being sick to get out of school (again) only to get him from school and have to rush him off to the doctor. Oops.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If anyone should feel awkward, it's the boy who cried wolf.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Daraius said:
    If anyone should feel awkward, it's the boy who cried wolf.
    I intend to remind him of it constantly. We've even discussed that story quite a few times. Seven year old boys, TSK.

• Worst
    Season
    Finale
    Ever.

WTF was that Scott Gimple?  Do the world a favor and quit.  The farm season was better than this garbage.
    Stangmar - Retired

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What a messed up way to start the week. I don't feel like coming to work for the next few days.:(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Munsia said:

Oh ho, called it. IRL aggro.
    Good thing I skillfully tumbled out of there and evaded that chasm.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Telrath said:
    and evaded that chasm.
    That's a pretty graphic double entendre right there..

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• If anybody is a regular convention goer, (any sort), you'll be familiar with the idea of post-con depression.
    I seem to be struggling with that (or a similar sort of thing) after this meetup on Saturday.

I cannot get myself to login and stay connected for longer than an hour. D: (and only then if I'm RPing.) Can't bring myself to do anything else right now.

Halp
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:
    If anybody is a regular convention goer, (any sort), you'll be familiar with the idea of post-con depression.
    I seem to be struggling with that (or a similar sort of thing) after this meetup on Saturday.

I cannot get myself to login and stay connected for longer than an hour. D: (and only then if I'm RPing.) Can't bring myself to do anything else right now.

Halp
    Don't worry; I have RP plans for you. (Though I'm at work now, so I won't be able to RP until this evening.)
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Rolling week 2 of being sick...uncool -.- 
  • point staff sickness
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Some asshole left a turd on the floor next to the toilet in the bathroom at work.

I'm at a loss because our building is occupied entirely by business professionals. This isn't Walmart.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Well... that is generally where the turds come from.