General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited March 2014
    I take back all my previous grumps on this thread.

One of my sisters, who turned 31 just nine days ago, whose first and only daughter is not even 6 months old yet, has been diagnosed with cancer. I did not ask what stage because our mother died from cancer and she just found out, and I know that that thought was weighing in her mind a lot.

I am going to be burying myself into the game when I'm not in class, save the day I'm going to go visit her (it's an expensive trip). I'm sorry if I'm a little touchy/cold on an OOC level to anyone in any way as a result of this. If I start acting too much like a (bleep), please let me know it might be time for me to sign off and do something else.
  • Zouviqil said:

One of my sisters, who turned 31 just nine days ago, whose first and only daughter is not even 6 months old yet, has been diagnosed with cancer. I did not ask what stage because our mother died from cancer and she just found out, and I know that that thought was weighing in her mind a lot.

I am going to be burying myself into the game when I'm not in class, save the day I'm going to go visit her (it's an expensive trip). I'm sorry if I'm a little touchy/cold on an OOC level to anyone in any way as a result of this. If I start acting too much like a (bleep), please let me know it might be time for me to sign off and do something else.
    I am so sorry to hear about this. If you need someone to be bitchy at, I volunteer. I also accept long rants and cry sessions. :(
  • Tarkenton said:
    Being from where it rains, I always get a laugh out of how poorly people in Las Vegas drive when the weather is something other than sunny. It's also fun seeing all the different ways weather people try to vary "hot and sunny"
    I know, right?  I've been in this damn city for 2 months now and I'm just amazed how truly awful the drivers can be.  This is the only place I've been where people actively block you from changing lanes. I'd seen people blocking you from moving before, but never people holding a position and only speeding up beside you when you hit the signal.  F*** everybody.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Zouviqil said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.  Cancer is a f****ing bitch. It's a fear that weighs on my mind every day, due to the strong prevalence of it on my mother's side of the family.  I'm constantly fearing the phone call.   

Stangmar - Retired

• Zouviqil said:

I'm so sorry, you and yours have my sympathies. I've seen too many of my friends and family loose people to cancer, it cuts deep. Don't talk too often I know, but I'm always around if random internet people need to be talked too or at. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I hate having vivid nightmares. I also hate that some of my loved ones think it is okay to wait over an hour before texting me back to assure me that they have not fallen victim to the zombie apocalypse.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • So now almost every night my dreams revolve solely around preparing tax returns. It sucks and i need help
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited March 2014
    Stangmar said:
    So now almost every night my dreams revolve solely around preparing tax returns. It sucks and i need help
    I have had dreams where I am programming. A few times, I solved a problem that stumped me during the day in my sleep, and the solution worked the next day. I hope someday we can tap into that power directly.

Also, I have had nightmares where I was back at old jobs and I couldn't escape the office. Those were worrying indeed.

Also, rant of my own, the heel sole of my boots came lose, and I stepped on the nail. Didn't go into my foot luckily, but I had to write them off. I could take them back in for repairs, they had new heel soles placed two years ago, but the leather in the folds meanwhile has become so damaged they have to go. So I decided that there is a time to mend and a time to chuck, put them into the textile donation bag, and bought new boots online. 6 years of good service, I'd say that was money well spent. I am however positively surprised that with my small shoe size I was able to find boots that I like and didn't break the bank.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    I have had dreams where I am programming. A few times, I solved a problem that stumped me during the day in my sleep, and the solution worked the next day. I hope someday we can tap into that power directly.  
    That happens to me surprisingly often, actually. Sometimes I lose sleep from waking up and feeling I need to capture the idea, but the process gets my mind too far awake to drift back off. I mean, that happened both of the last two nights, that's how normal that is.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Pecans suck outside of pies.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Pecans kick ass in ice cream.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Dog, as long as they're properly toasted, pecans rock. It's bitter-ass walnuts you gotta watch out for.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Stangmar said:
    Pecans kick ass in ice cream.
    I wouldn't know, my ice cream melted and became soup. I should have just stuck with the caramel cone flavor.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Daraius said:
    Dog, as long as they're properly toasted, pecans rock. It's bitter-ass walnuts you gotta watch out for.
    Yeah, screw wal-nuts.  They're like the damn powdered milk of nuts. 

Pecans, pistachios, cashews, and almonds(especially cinnamon roasted) are good nuts.

Stangmar - Retired

• Grrrrrrrr.......inconsistencies in how favours are given out........... Grrrrr

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I hate misplacing stuff. Couldn't find my brush and my waterbottle this morning and almost got late for work because of the search. Then it turned out that I had nothing that I could eat for breakfast because I forgot to go grocery shopping. So now, I am sitting at work with my stomach grumbling and nothing to drink (I usually do not take my wallet with me since I live next to the place I am working) even though I should probably drink a lot because I am going to donate blood plasma in the afternoon. 
  • After attending the funeral of my wife's uncle yesterday, I woke up from a nightmare last night, imagining in great detail how he died. It made me incredibly nauseated.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    #Firstworldproblems I know, but I find myself in that frustrating mindset of wanting to buy new games, yet haven't finished the last lot I bought.

It's stupid, when said games are Android ports of my childhood (FF6 and Baldur's Gate 2)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I spent more time than I should have replaying Baldur's Gate 1 when it came out on Steam.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I have a friend who, every time I start playing Baldur's Gate on Steam, will always start playing it about 10 minutes after. It's like reminding people of an addiction ;)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It's like Deus Ex (or Human Revolution) every time it's brought up, someone will start playing it.

Or in my case, Final Fantasy 8... damnit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I have about ten unplayed games in my Xbox 360 catalog, including a couple I got for Christmas in 2012, and it's so hard to pass up the big discounts on more games. My poor hard drive is overly full.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There is way too much to be done during Lent.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Morkarion said:
    It's like Deus Ex (or Human Revolution) every time it's brought up, someone will start playing it.

Damn you.

My list of shame is 51 unique games, and two DLC. Estimated at 64 days of game time. Granted, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are on there, and so is Oblivion. This does not include any rogue-like games that I own, or open-ended things like Anno, nor most of the multiplayer stuff like Civ V, and let's not even consider MMOs and MOBAs. And I still manage to go like 'I have nothing I feel like playing'. Waah :( When someone says that money does not buy happiness, I think of my gaming backlog. But heh, it could be worse, I could be a smoker and have spent that money ruining my lungs (no offense smokers).
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I hate my veins. They decided to swell so we had to stop the donation process early because the needle pierced the other side of the vein a bit, causing a haematoma. At first, I was hesitant to say something but when it hurt more than usual, I asked a nurse to check and soon had three doctors around me telling me that is was nothing big and no cause to worry...though they immediately pulled out the needle, put a very tight pressure bandage on and told me to rest. I wonder how it looks though I am not allowed to take off the bandage for another 4 hours.
    Now, I am feeling slightly dizzy and can't move my left arm since the bandage is very stiff and my muscles and veins hurt at every movement. So no RP or bashing for me today...

At least, I mastered the art of one-handed eating, floor wiping and grocery shopping. But my one-handed typing isn't fast enough for anything game-related.
    Rialorm said:
    Morkarion said:

Damn you.

My list of shame is 51 unique games, and two DLC. Estimated at 64 days of game time. Granted, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are on there, and so is Oblivion. This does not include any rogue-like games that I own, or open-ended things like Anno, nor most of the multiplayer stuff like Civ V, and let's not even consider MMOs and MOBAs. And I still manage to go like 'I have nothing I feel like playing'. Waah :( When someone says that money does not buy happiness, I think of my gaming backlog. But heh, it could be worse, I could be a smoker and have spent that money ruining my lungs (no offense smokers).
    I'm horrible at managing my free time now that I have a job, throw in that other issues like family and such interrupting, and it becomes super difficult to properly finish certain games.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Getting trapped for 5 minutes in the college elevator because it wasn't working properly.

Randomly opened to a brick wall, and two deserted floors that resemble the Asylum(I was tempted to explore but my class was just about to start).

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Tetra said:
    Getting trapped for 5 minutes in the college elevator because it wasn't working properly.

Randomly opened to a brick wall, and two deserted floors that resemble the Asylum(I was tempted to explore but my class was just about to start).

Screw class. Explore the hell out of that and map it.