General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I hate going to the dentist.
    Retired.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Heartbreaks. Not fun.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• My computer is dying and BSODing and all kinds of nastiness. I'll have to back it up and buy another hard drive.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Marcella said:
    My computer is dying and BSODing and all kinds of nastiness. I'll have to back it up and buy another hard drive.
    :(

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    Neos said:
    Daraius said:
    I gotta do my research before binge watching things on Netflix. There's no telling when we'll get more episodes of Attack on Titan.  >:P
    Read the manga!

Done. Now what? :-S

(Answer: Take up needlepoint or something and wait patiently)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Daraius said:
    Neos said:
    Daraius said:
    I gotta do my research before binge watching things on Netflix. There's no telling when we'll get more episodes of Attack on Titan.  >:P
    Read the manga!

Done. Now what? :-S

(Answer: Take up needlepoint or something and wait patiently)
    Wait for more chapters and/or read other manga.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Read Tower of God.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Read Tower of God.
    I actually have a tab with that manga open, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Read it! As well as Claymore(manga) and The Gamer(Manwah). I read them at mangareader.net and at batoto.com. :) 

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Read it! As well as Claymore(manga) and The Gamer(Manwah). I read them at mangareader.net and at batoto.com. :) 
    Ew Claymore, nothx

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    :whipcrack:

#bringShikariback 

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    What's with the forums lately. Is it just me having issues with them?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    The End is Near is all.

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Turnus said:
    Yeah, they go through spurts of "weird".

Recently I've been having multiple issues, including:
    1) The "Something has gone wrong" page,
    2) The "server is overloaded" page,
    and 3) The mobile page signing me out continuously, but if I press the main discussion page button, it mysteriously remembers who I am (this one is actually a new one, I haven't seen it occurring before).
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Xenthos said:
    Turnus said:
    Yeah, they go through spurts of "weird".

Recently I've been having multiple issues, including:
    1) The "Something has gone wrong" page,
    2) The "server is overloaded" page,
    and 3) The mobile page signing me out continuously, but if I press the main discussion page button, it mysteriously remembers who I am (this one is actually a new one, I haven't seen it occurring before).
  • I've had it to where I read the raves thread and it counts me as having read both the raves and tweets thread, so I have to go in manually instead of automatically goingt o the last unread posts.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Marcella said:

I've had it to where I read the raves thread and it counts me as having read both the raves and tweets thread, so I have to go in manually instead of automatically goingt o the last unread posts.

The forums have been doing this since we migrated to them. I have an old thread somewhere complaining about it; as someone who likes to read all the forum threads, having the forums display a thread as read when it is not is frustrating.

It is also very obviously a display bug in the code. You will note that when it checks a thread as read for you, once a new person posts in it it correctly displays the number of unread posts. If you go into the "read" thread, it still correctly takes you to the next post in the thread you had not yet seen..

There are numerous issues and bugs with these forums, I was limiting my list merely to the newer ones (otherwise, as you can see, it would be quite a lengthy post).
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Can class be over now? I want to go home and log in. :(

And my professor is clueless, as usual. Walked in and asked us if he had cancelled class or not, and when we (stupidly) told him that he had not cancelled class, he told us he had nothing planned for today so we'll just have to sit and listen to him talk about the "intricacies of the div tag".

• edited March 2014

Zouviqil said:
     "intricacies of the div tag".
    Wat. My condolences for that lost hour of your life. How does he still get people to attend? I'd swear he is trying very hard to make people not show up.

My rant: Three quest items an hour. Quest required four. Which sadist wrote this? :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:

Zouviqil said:
    Wat. My condolences for that lost hour of your life. How does he still get people to attend? I'd swear he is trying very hard to make people not show up.

My rant: Three quest items an hour. Quest required four. Which sadist wrote this? :(
    Well, I can't speak for all of the USA, but here in NYC...

You need a degree to be looked at even for the most basic of jobs, like being a waiter or waitress. You get a degree by getting credits. Classes range from 1 to 6 credits, most being 3 credits. 18 to 24 credits in computer science is what most government jobs in NYC using computers want if you want your starting pay to be $45,000 (still not enough to do much more than rent a room, here).

So what happens is, we get professors who have something called tenure, where they're old and can't be fired. And they come into class and do what they want. And we come into class and deal with it, because we need those 3 credits towards our degrees (60 credits for an associates, 120 for a bachelors). Also, in many schools, you'll have the case where only one professor teaches the course, so you either take them this semester or next, the choice is yours.

At least in NYC, it's less about what you learn, and more that you get a piece of paper so you can say you learned a topic even if you didn't actually learn it. As a result, you usually have a teacher who doesn't care and is paid to not care, and students who don't care and get a degree to not care.

Welcome to my college.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rialorm said:

Zouviqil said:

Welcome to the Nai'Dorin.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    For what it is worth, I never had a tenured professor who wasn't completely and utterly dedicated to their subject area and the teaching of it. My crappy professors were all the temps or adjuncts (though the majority of them were hardworking, as well, and it was only a few who sucked). Tenure =/= lazy ass anymore than Adjunct.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    For what it is worth, I never had a tenured professor who wasn't completely and utterly dedicated to their subject area and the teaching of it. My crappy professors were all the temps or adjuncts (though the majority of them were hardworking, as well, and it was only a few who sucked). Tenure =/= lazy ass anymore than Adjunct.
    It might have to do with the fact it's a CUNY college.
  • Everiine said:
    My experience was the opposite.  The accounting program at my school was rather small, and only had one tenured professor(and roughly 6-8 professors total).  The tenured professor was a pompous ass who couldn't give two ****s if you learned anything of practicality, so long as you jumped through his convoluted hoops of hell.

The others were either non-tenured or even adjunct...and they were a real credit to the college(now University).  They build a professional relationship with every student and are constantly tailoring and adjusting their teaching to help you learn what you will actually need to know.  You'll find few students who disliked the accounting faculty or program at my school.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Man, I really miss school sometimes. I always loved the structure of it, having a schedule that wasn't just "go to work, work, go home," having people tell me about interesting things and then being evaluated on it. Actually...

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I guess it depends on what you're in school for. I'm so glad that when I'm off work I don't need to think about it until the next morning. School was like a constant looming "I should/could study/homework" deal for me and you could never completely relax even when off hours.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Morkarion said:
    Welcome to the Nai'Dorin.
    It wasn't actually for that, although I ended up learning about the marriage of Night and Crow while I was on it. One waystation uses the sweetgrass as well. FOUR pieces, and you get three per hour. I think getting a fingerblade is going to be bad on my heart, I am raging already. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Morkarion said:
    Enjoy the hills.
    :fetal:
    Svorai said:
    Morkarion said:
    Enjoy the hills.
    :fetal:
    ALL THE MEMORIES COME RUSHING IN.

#bringShikariback