General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ooookay, I thought I was doing something wrong for that waystation. Small comfort that sweetgrass is finicky by design.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Siam said:
    Svorai said:
    Morkarion said:
    Enjoy the hills.
    :fetal:
    ALL THE MEMORIES COME RUSHING IN.
    I am sorry for breaking you all D: (but at least I know my rage is justified, yay?)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Seems like I broke my heater. No clue how I did it, since it stands behind my desk and I usually touch the regulator very seldom (we are told to always keep the temperature constant). Yesterday, I came back to my room resembling a sauna with my poor orchids almost grilled. Turned out that the plastic of the control had somehow broken, letting gushes of hot steam out (and I still have no clue how that could happen <__<). In order to sleep, I crammed my laundry basket under it to push it back up to stop the steam. But it seems like a visit to our grumpy janitor is inevitable :(  
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rialorm said:

I am sorry for breaking you all D: (but at least I know my rage is justified, yay?)

What you are missing in your initial rant is this: first, you must design a quest (gathering 3 centaur colts) for internal Serenwilde purposes. Three sweetgrasses are all that are needed for this.

Then you decide it is a great idea to tack another quest onto this limited resource, open up Hifarae, and put the three sweetgrasses into that area. Now make it so that you need something like 9 sweetgrasses for the quest there, but keep it limited to a spawn of three (despite making many more areas where it can grow).

Finally, add on yet another quest utilizing this extremely limited resource, which also requires more than the three that can spawn at any given point... because why not?

Sweetgrass headaches!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    This description is giving me flashbacks of half the aetherbubble quests.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.

• Xenthos said:
    What you are missing in your initial rant is this: first, you must design a quest (gathering 3 centaur colts) for internal Serenwilde purposes. Three sweetgrasses are all that are needed for this. Then you decide it is a great idea to tack another quest onto this limited resource, open up Hifarae, and put the three sweetgrasses into that area. Now make it so that you need something like 9 sweetgrasses for the quest there, but keep it limited to a spawn of three (despite making many more areas where it can grow). Finally, add on yet another quest utilizing this extremely limited resource, which also requires more than the three that can spawn at any given point... because why not? Sweetgrass headaches!
    Something I did not know until relatively recently is that you can get at least one more sweetgrass inside Serenwilde. It's not available to enemies, but the Waystation quest can be done in 1 round if you know about it, and the Seren quest is self-contained (if longer).
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Two sweetgrass inside Serenwilde, but it's a matter of a fair bit of luck.
    Three used to exist in Serenwilde, but they used to just lay around in the Forest and could just be scooped up. I was not aware that they had been "hidden" since then, I just know that for a while after Hifarae's release it was possible to get 6 sweetgrasses by invading Serenwilde to get the other three, and then they mysteriously disappeared.
  • Sweetgrass in Serenwilde is attained now by picking up the exotic plants and giving them to Abeytu. There are three plants. 2 of the 3 give you Sweetgrass. 1 gives you a pouch of spores. Seren's epic requires sweetgrass. Among half a dozen other quests.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    ...So angry right now.  Car insurance was linked to credit card, which was used at Target during the fun days, which was cancelled and a new one reissued.  Seeing as how a check my mail once a week, if that, took me a while to figure out why my card did not work.  I had thought I had set my car insurance up to pull directly from my bill pay checkings account.  Nope, linked to the card.  Car insurance gets cancelled w/o me getting emails from them (since I sign up for online notification for everything I possibly can).  I call to get everything sorted out, and apparently my driver's license is suspended from something I thought had been completely cleared up about five months ago.  I really, really, REALLY despise government.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If anything, that was the insurance agency/bank/target's fault, not the government...
    edited March 2014
    Hiriako said:
    Sweetgrass in Serenwilde is attained now by picking up the exotic plants and giving them to Abeytu. There are three plants. 2 of the 3 give you Sweetgrass. 1 gives you a pouch of spores. Seren's epic requires sweetgrass. Among half a dozen other quests.
    Actually, now that you mention it, that's the way it always worked.

My memory gets a bit hazy going back that many years, but I knew it was something that could just be picked up at least.

Thanks for the clarification!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2014
    Insurance company won't restart insurance until driver's license is sorted.  Still waiting on the thrice be danged fax from the courthouse with the document I need to go get the license fixed.  The despising the government portion comes from the fact that apparently, my license has been suspended for...five months, and I had no clue about it.  I'm really happy that I'm a rational, safe driver and don't break the law, but it's incredibly irritating to be waiting the entire day for a fax that was supposed to come fifteen minutes after completing a phone call.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm not entirely convinced it is always 2 sweetgrass and 1 spore. I've received more than one spore pouch before, and sometimes got lucky (or unlucky depending on what quest I was trying to do) with 3 sweetgrass.

Now, let's talk about two quests that can be done at the same time, using the same NPC's, but the NPC will only recognize one being done even if it has already been done and there is no reason for her to give you THAT particular useless item instead of the one you want and even though it's an hour later. And make sure the quest is required (goes too long without being completed and BOOM).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Insurance company won't restart insurance until driver's license is sorted.  Still waiting on the thrice be danged fax from the courthouse with the document I need to go get the license fixed.  The despising the government portion comes from the fact that apparently, my license has been suspended for...five months, and I had no clue about it.  I'm really happy that I'm a rational, safe driver and don't break the law, but it's incredibly irritating to be waiting the entire day for a fax that was supposed to come fifteen minutes after completing a phone call.
    As a man who has been to the DMV 4 times this year, I feel your pain.  I also hate what a nanny state the government can be about car insurance(I agree that you should be required to have it when driving a vehicle), but their random database checks to ensure every car has current insurance is irritating.  We have an old beater SUV that we keep at our cabin property.  We use this vehicle maybe 4 or 5 times a year, during the summer usually.  So it only makes sense to insure it during the months that we drive it and then take it off the insurance for the rest of the year while it's parked.  State sent out a letter revoking the registration.  WTF.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Bleh... $127 for a single book for my Introduction to Psychology paper... thankfully it looks like it is the ONLY book I need to purchase, the other papers I am doing provide study materials as needed.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My husband just had to pay almost $700 for two law text books. Now I know why lawyers charge so much, they're paying off their study debts.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I remember my reading list for university, half the books on it were written by my own lecturers.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I calculated it yesterday. I have about $75,000 in student loans.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Ouch. Mine is a little over $20,000 with one more semester to go in 2015 - will end up around $23,000

• Second hand books not a thing? We have a store chain here in student cities whom get a large part of their second hand book income from that. They also sell lots of study books with damage and such. 

Or you could obtain or 'obtain' a digital version I guess? Kindle versions might exist and be cheaper. The other obtaining is at your own discretion, of course.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    edited March 2014
    Not when the book is a brand new 2014 edition book and the older versions are rendered obsolete due to major changes :(

On an unrelated note, went to have a pie as a late night snack only to find someone has been raiding my food space in my flats communal freezer. NOT impressed,  Left a note on the fridge saying the thief has 48 hours to replace the stolen food before I go to the landlord about getting a lock put on the fridge/freezer so that only those who have food in the fridge/freezer can get into it.  If they had actually ASKED me if they could have one, I would have happily said yes, as long as they return the favour later down the track, but I don't want to share a flat with a thief.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    My internet went out last night, randomly, followed shortly after by my electric going out. Luckily, it's been warm, or else I'd be completely upset. Still, I never got to properly log out, and I was talking to three or four people in game at once. Hopefully they realized my net went boom. If you guys use the forums... MY NET WENT BOOM! Sorry.
  • edited March 2014
    Kagato said:
    Not when the book is a brand new 2014 edition book and the older versions are rendered obsolete due to major changes :(

Or what they claim are major changes, but which are in fact simply rearranging two of the chapters and using different clip art.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Yesterday was 9 degrees, sunny, and I overdressed to go to my meeting.

I start getting ready this morning and I look outside my window to see a full-on blizzard battering my window.  What the ****.  Whyyy!!!

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Just one of those days at work where I'm fighting with Entity Framework, manage to duplicate data, try to remove the duplicated data, and lock myself out of the software I'm developing by deleting all the users. Then spend the next hour trying to undo the damage to the users table and failing horribly at that. Well fuck. Tomorrow is another day, and I will probably just copy someone else's test database, but damn if 80% of my rage directed at programming isn't related to Entity Framework somehow. All this because the database structure changed -again-.
  • The work computer doesn't have enough ram to run all of the programs I need it to, and there aren't funds to upgrade it at all. It becomes incredibly frustrating when trying to save larger files, which causes everything to freeze for the duration of the save (which can over 5 minutes a save). 
  • I just went Chelsea Lately on my landlord.  For some reason he thinks it's my job to show the rooms in his building to new tenants.  Sorry dude, get it together. 

"Oh well you're the first person to have complained.

Typical landlord answer.  Just because I am the first one to bring to your attention how unprofessional you are does not make it any less valid.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015