Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Elanorwen said:
    Haezon said:
    A big thanks to @Karlach, @Zouviqil, @Yarith, @Tacita, @Belibi, @Siam, @Idrazil and @Rialorm for showing support by watching my... somewhat adequate play. Although it moved too fast, I really appreciate the effort you made to come and I hope you at least saw some of what happened.

If in future you want to watch it properly, the normal speed is a lot slower. Thanks again!
    Big hint to give your actors so they know how to time their emotes/says/etc... post it, then read it twice before posting the next one.
    Eh, no that wasn't the problem. I know what the problem was, and it's on me, and next time it will be better. Still, more fun to RP a screw-up then a roaring success.
    Retired.
  • @Zouviqil... I'm sure she knows why, too. :)

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • north actually won something
    gg
    much impress
    wow
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Marcella said:
    north actually won something
    gg
    much impress
    wow
    I felt like tearing my hair out during most of that claim, mind. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • All the deathsights were MOST impressive. And of course, you bastards HAD to do it during passover when I couldn't get mah popcorn :(
  • @Nocht. For making my entire day in approximately 15 seconds worth of His time. :)

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
    Belibi said:
    All the deathsights were MOST impressive. And of course, you bastards HAD to do it during passover when I couldn't get mah popcorn :(
    People always refuse to tell me what the phantomsphere deathsight is like... and I don't remember. D:

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Leolamins has been scared to death by Elanorwen.

's not that cool.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited April 2014
    On command, the splinters of a phantom sphere fly into your head and you close your eyes tight to ward off possible pain. "NO SUCH LUCK!" you hear Neos shout, as you are drawn into a world where your fears manifest themselves in every agonizing second. Your heart rate accelerates uncontrollably until you finally feel it give way and all that's left is the peace of death.

You command a phantom sphere to invade Ulen's mind. Powered with the assistance of three other phantom spheres, you exert utter control over Ulen and draw him into a world where his fears reign supreme. You feel your phantom spheres dissipate as his heart simply stops.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Silvanus said:
    Really? Good luck phantomsphering multiple people, when just by doing simple math, you can stalker up to 10 people a room away, for 1 power each, in the same time it takes you to use 2  out of 8 phantomspheres.

Or you can use Phantoms on 5 people (big names only) and passively afflict them for 2 minutes, regardless of where they go, for the same amount of time as 3/8 phantomspheres.

Those phantomspheres that you used on one person(and didn't kill), versus the 5 phantoms or 10 stalkers that you used on others.

Your selfishness in aiming for the kill directly affects your ability to be a good meld holder. But  keep on thinking you are right, it will only make my life easier.

Editted before getting marked as off-topic: My rave! Enemy melders who consistently don't know what to do.
    Those phantom spheres that I used on one person and did kill... without any threat aimed at me... versus jumping into a fight where 10+ people will focus me as soon as I show up and kill me, thus making my meld completely useless? Ooooooookay then. Nice having this chat with you, but apparently I've been doing it all wrong. I will do my best to rush in head first and just randomly spend power on accomplishing absolutely nothing but getting killed. Anyway, whatever, this conversation has gone on long enough and it's heading straight into abuse territory, thus it is officially over. Nice chatting with you.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Mod, quit deleting these posts! They actually help mages since they don't know how their skills work:

StolenSight         Weave a sightstealer to watch through another's eyes.
    • Acquired after learning the respective -mancy specialization.
    • Syntax: WEAVE STOLENSIGHT <target>
      Power: 1 (Any)
      Infusing a thread of your soul into a phantom sightstealer will enable you to send it to your target and see what he or she sees, as long as the target is in your demesne when the illusion is cast.

Syntax: STOLENSIGHT <target>
      An additional ability, granted by your connection with the sightstealer, is that once you have stolen someone's sight, you are able to use that link to cast Stars, Claws, RedMasque/EvenBlade/SeersCandle/CrimsonEye and Whisper on them (once again, provided that they are in your demesne). There is no additional syntax required, the target must be in your demesne and haunted by a phantom sighstealer.

Stalker             Send a phantom at anyone in your demesne.
    • Virtuoso  0%
    • Syntax: WEAVE STALKER <target>
      Power: 1 (Any)
      This spell is only available to mages who can create a demesne. You may send a phantom to stalk anyone in your demesne.
      It will not last as long as the normal Phantom illusion.

I never said anything about going into the room. You can do all that from a room away, against multiple targets, instead of killing one person.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    @Oneiroi

I'm giving my enemy combat advice. What could be more civil than that? (Yes, it's off-topic, but why is there such an emphasis on controlling where conversations go? It hasn't taken up 3+ pages).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'd speculate because this is raves, and if a conversation takes on a life of its own beyond that, it might deserve its own thread rather than distracting from the point of this one.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    I can't rave about enemy melders being awful?

It's not like it went 3 pages, or even was that much of a conversation, it was just 5 posts that were straight up deleted.

I guess it really must be a Hug-Emergency.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Raves for helping mages learn their skills?
  • Raves for my first kill in almost a year! I might have squee-ed a little.  :\">
  • Much, much raves to @Lisaera

Making both my IC and OOC decisions soooooo difficult

ugh, so much love
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I'm designing again.

Yaaaay.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    Raves to @Lisaera and @Crumkane for interesting conversations (Crumkane about food and creativity obviously, but Lisaera about issues of conscience and a brief discussion about Eventru/Lyreth/Valtreth)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Raves to @Lisaera and @Crumkane for interesting conversations (Crumkane about food and creativity obviously, but Lisaera about issues of conscience and a brief discussion about Eventru/Lyreth/Valtreth)
    There are other things to talk about than food and creativity? Pish posh, I say!

• Oh. So Crumkane really IS Willy Wonka. ... Are his godrealm mobs going to be orange midgets with white eyebrows?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    A rave for @Tacita for interesting conversations!

A rave for @Crumkane being a friendly candy man instead of the creepy candy guy with a van!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Zouviqil said:
    @Crumkane being a friendly candy man instead of the creepy candy guy with a van!
    I was misled. Oh woe, oh despair.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    Raves to @Kelly@Ryboi, @Melianaand @Carakhan for a very enjoyable RP/Storytelling time, :D

(and apologies again to Kelly for putting her on the spot like that! >_>)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    @Crumkane's interest in staying in Glomdoring dwindled quickly with the mention of the wyrdling.

Fun times all around! :D
This discussion has been closed.