Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tarkenton said:
    What I think would be better than the hard coded "this is the night sub org, this is the crow sub org" is to start the basic organizations, then allow people to create more a la family houses. Want an awesome group that blends together some night, since Crow, and the beetle beliefs? Get X people to sign a charter (to borrow from wow) and bam, new sub org to vie for power. Hand out ruling council spots based on something similar to houses, and you have a more organic feeling internal political system within each org. Halli can have their castes, Gaudi can have booze hounds vs weed smokers, etc. If the sub orgs fall below whatever criteria is established, they are disbanded. Seems like it could have potential, or blow up in faces, but it would hopefully deepen the pool of people that one could come into contact with even if they're in a dead guild.
    Heck, even just letting the existing guilds be more fluid and change around how their leadership works (and how ruling council works) would be much appreciated. 
  • Tarkenton said:
    What I think would be better than the hard coded "this is the night sub org, this is the crow sub org" is to start the basic organizations, then allow people to create more a la family houses. Want an awesome group that blends together some night, since Crow, and the beetle beliefs? Get X people to sign a charter (to borrow from wow) and bam, new sub org to vie for power. Hand out ruling council spots based on something similar to houses, and you have a more organic feeling internal political system within each org. Halli can have their castes, Gaudi can have booze hounds vs weed smokers, etc. If the sub orgs fall below whatever criteria is established, they are disbanded. Seems like it could have potential, or blow up in faces, but it would hopefully deepen the pool of people that one could come into contact with even if they're in a dead guild.
    People without access to those contacts would still be in the hard-coded guilds, though, so it wouldn't help new players at all. Nor necessarily anyone in dead guild- they'd still need to find those sub orgs, and it's generally harder to talk to those outside of your guild than within. I'm just not sure what problem that'd solve. Why not use clans? Or families?

I think there's potential for the idea of being able to merge a couple related guilds into one larger guild, provided it was done selectively. There's too many of them currently, imo.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    edited June 2014
    I think he's saying: Abolish guilds, you choose a suborg when you join instead, and choose based on planned ideology/ethos rather than on what skills are most fun to use.

Just making it so that your guild doesn't necessarily dictate what skills you get (and not in the clumsy, hilariously overpriced manner of classflexing) would go a long way. At that point, guilds that are hanging on just because their skills are really good or necessary will wither off, and rightly so.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    This + Overhaul = Go make a new game >_> 
    How about this... instead of the overhaul, with archetype overhauls to revamp older guilds?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2014
    umm stupid spacing
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    IRL drunk pk  is fun. Also: you die a lot more often.
  • Enjoyed my suicidal dashes and the odd skin of my teeth escape there. Nice to be on the side that was outgunned for most of the fight, was fun!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Elanorwen talks a big game about outnumbered fights and how she's all honourable, given the chance to fight 1v1, she calls in all her buddies, everytime.

I'm sure she has some excuse about broken unfair, grass is greener skills, and this is why she'll never get better, because she doesn't care to try. Great VA Material if I say so myself

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    @Elanorwen talks a big game about outnumbered fights and how she's all honourable, given the chance to fight 1v1, she calls in all her buddies, everytime.

I'm sure she has some excuse about broken unfair, grass is greener skills, and this is why she'll never get better, because she doesn't care to try. Great VA Material if I say so myself
    There's a reason I have you snubbed. I have never, nor will I ever again care for your opinion. Keep talking, see if anything exciting happens.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

There's a reason I have you snubbed. I have never, nor will I ever again care for your opinion. Keep talking, see if anything exciting happens.
    Till they have a curio piece you want, then suddenly it's unsnub-o-clock.

Seriously though, don't complain about numbers in fights and then call in backup when it's even, it's worse than smacktalking someone for using Destruction then spamming it yourself.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

Seriously though, don't complain about numbers in fights and then call in backup when it's even, it's worse than smacktalking someone for using Destruction then spamming it yourself.
    I target someone. I announce my target to our alliance clan. It happens quite automatically. I didn't call anyone, but hey... the fact that you suddenly appeared yourself before any reinforcements of mine came in? Fair fight? And I do apologize for making you feel singled out. I will snub you too quite post-haste.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited June 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

I target someone. I announce my target to our alliance clan. It happens quite automatically. I didn't call anyone, but hey... the fact that you suddenly appeared yourself before any reinforcements of mine came in? Fair fight? And I do apologize for making you feel singled out. I will snub you too quite post-haste.
    ....no he didn't come first, Rivius actually did, who happened to leave when I said I wanted a 1v1. But then you called in Enyalida, and when Karl showed up, then you called in Raeri and Rivius came back at that point. 

It's ok, you're just solidifying the fact that you're only a fairweather fighter. It wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't claim otherwise, but you do. I mean, I brought back Chade and Feyda and I bet you didn't say a word over your alliance clan, just ran off and hung out on Prime until we left

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

"Suddenly appeared before any reinforcements of mine came in"

Enyalida: 19643          the Seat of the South Wind
    Synkarin: 19643          the Seat of the South Wind
    Elanorwen: 19656         centre of the Primal Tempest

Yeah, you're totally alone there.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Synkarin said:
    ....no he didn't come first, Rivius actually did, who happened to leave when I said I wanted a 1v1. But then you called in Enyalida, and when Karl showed up, then you called in Raeri and Rivius came back at that point. 

It's ok, you're just solidifying the fact that you're only a fairweather fighter. It wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't claim otherwise, but you do. 
    Like I keep saying... keep talking. You're solidifying a completely different fact yourself, eh?

• Please go back to Facebook with this shit.

Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

It's ok, you're just solidifying the fact that you're only a fairweather fighter. It wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't claim otherwise, but you do. 
    Like I keep saying... keep talking. You're solidifying a completely different fact yourself, eh?
    Anything you think I'm solidifying is already solid actually. Yeah, I'm an asshole, but I'm an honest one. I don't make excuses for myself.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    How many times to do we have to do this.

Shut up.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2014
    I can confirm that Elanorwen did not call for help.

Are you really this salty Sidd? About something so insignificant?

People call targets on alliance clans, other people are like "I want some o dat action and I can help an ally too"

Happens on both sides, forever

I don't understand what the big deal is

EDIT: Unless you're just out to troll Elanorwen. Maybe you could be honest about that, that you're trying to light a fire under her.

So honest, such highhorse, very golden @_@

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Why is this even still being ranted about? Numbers don't win fights, but they help. Winning is fun. Therefore, do whatever you have to do to have fun, because this is a game.

This goes to both sides, North/South/whatever. Too often, people say, "They have 2x our number and they still won't fight, haha, losers." Surprise, not everyone wants to fight. Not everyone is willing to take the risk. If they don't, that's their choice. If not fighting is more fun to them than fighting, that's their choice. Conversely, if people are raiding you with uneven numbers, then just shrug it off. That's fun for them. Put up a token fight, go in once for the sake of RP, then walk away. It's not too difficult to spin a "We'll fight them another day and win!" story.

I think we just enjoy the Elanorwen report train. There's a reason she's up there with Caerlyr and Co. The only difference is that she managed to guile her city into ascending her.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I don't fight to win, I fight to have a good fight. If I wanted to win, I wouldn't be the class, nor orgs I am now.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I just fight because it's a game and it's fun. Sometimes.
    You are dismayed as a radiant chalice turns to dust in your hands.

:(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Elanorwen being VA is the sole reason I want Hallifax burned to the ground.
    Holy assumptions Batman.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    @Arimisia sucks at pk but she placed 2nd in War Seal... I get to claim that at least. 
This discussion has been closed.