Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I can't recall if they give a chest affliction which burns endurance on action/attack.

If you're a warrior, you will drop endurance quickly unless you have Breathe in Athletics up.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Energylink fix?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Horvath said:
    Am I doing something wrong, that taking out the orcs of Shallach should wipe out nearly 10k of my endurance?
    Check your afflictions, if you're suffering from one of various afflictions (usually ones that affect breathing and such) they force you to expend excessive (emphasis on excessive) willpower to do basic actions.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Shaddus said:
    Maybe there needs to be a way for an org to mechanically acknowledge a treaty between another org.

ORGALLY CELEST would unenemy all Celest members. Maybe there can be a list of people this won't effect, like repeat offenders.

ORGENEMY GLOMDORING would make statues/discretionaries/guards hit non-graced people of Glomdoring. This would also block members of Glomdoring from entering a manse connected to your org.
    It's kinda similar to a system I proposed a ways back, where alliances and wars would be official declarations and not "just" between players. I.e. there's be a way for Celest and Serenwilde to officially declare eachother as allies, and showing as such on DIPLOMACY ORGS or something. Allies could share a channel, so we wouldn't need a separate clan (or two!) to communicate, and could also have their own ALLYHELP files.

Extending the war part of it to have guards etc. hit everyone you're at war with... I'm not entirely sold on that, but it would make a few things better. There'd be no need to enemy people to the org (and thus keeping them enemied when the war ends); everyone would, in essence, be enemied and unenemied automatically (unless they do something that warrants an actual enemy status; those wouldn't just poof). On the other hand... I'm really not fond of the idea of a blanket enemy-status for everyone. Then again, that's coming from someone who's not enemied to anywhere, so that might just be personal bias speaking.
    Enyalida said:
    Energylink fix?
    You can no longer energylink yourself, there's no rapid reserves dump anymore.

Which means unless you've someone to throw free power at, Astral hunts are very much limited now....

Because they weren't already >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It was because I didn't have breathing up. Thanks.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Karlach said:
    I expect someone will disagree, but I hate this energylink fix. Give people a reserves dump not dependant on other people not instinctively being full.
    What fix?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Karlach said:
    I expect someone will disagree, but I hate this energylink fix. Give people a reserves dump not dependant on other people not instinctively being full.
    What fix?
    Read above.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh, gotcha. That's an odd hotfix.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2014
    what a stupid thing to say, ignore me.

• Shaddus said:
    Oh, gotcha. That's an odd hotfix.
    It makes sense, the 3rd person message for it was broken anyway, although I hope the typo fix was not to simply make it impossible. My guess is though it was discovered that was not an intended use. Still, would be nice to have something like 'energylink void / none' to dump.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • A: I think it's a fine fix.
    B: How could you ever think it was intentional and not at all strange or buggy?
    C: It's not like you don't have a few dozen power-wasting abilities you could use instead.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Daraius said:
    Daraius said:
    Yeah but it's so not worth it to do all that. Plus, completely against character for Daraius.
    It's not so much a character thing at that point. Most of us utilize racehat's the way I JUST said. Which is an ooc function. 

Cameo doesn't have to be worn to use so you don't look like a changeling to anyone. You can custom the race hat to be ANYTHING you want, so noone notices that. Then you get a changeling locket and you gain the emotes. Tada noone can tell the difference unless you explicitly tell them

I get it, sure. You're talking about a shitload of credits I don't want to buy or spend on something that makes a super boring task a little more efficient. It just isn't worth it to me.
    To be fair if we ever used stat packs it'd cost almost that much. 
    Iasmos said:
    A: I think it's a fine fix.
    B: How could you ever think it was intentional and not at all strange or buggy?
    C: It's not like you don't have a few dozen power-wasting abilities you could use instead.
    It's impossible to dump power at the same speed you link it using abilities. They simply do not recharge at 2p per link.

Parua has the best idea, allowing people to channel into the nexus directly, even if at a loss of power in the transfer.

There isn't an issue like this for power...at all. If you are having this issue, you're doing it completely wrong. Stop linking your nexus so much.
    Munsia said:
    There isn't an issue like this for power...at all. If you are having this issue, you're doing it completely wrong. Stop linking your nexus so much.
    You cannot dump power faster than you link it on astral. Even if you start at 0% reserves, you'll cap out at 100% despite constantly spamming green/gedulah/serpent etc.

And that's before you factor in people who have a flux capacitor.

Astral already has restrictions, nodes have a limited resource pool, astral insanity limits time spent. It doesn't need an additional restriction of personal reserves.

The alternative is give everyone the ability to link straight to their nexus at 1p a tick. Nowhere near as effective as cone/guardian link.

And if you're going to flag disagree Iasmos, at least give a reason for once. Your opinion surely is worth more than a mouseclick that offers no reason.

Talan said:
    The alternative is actually just to stop bitching and accept that some bugs get fixed.
    Yes because in the history of gaming there has never been a bug that actually became a feature because it filled a niche in player gaming.

And in no way did this give people an option that wasn't game breaking due to other existing limitations, that could exist in other means.

Really if you're going to troll, put some effort in.

Talan said:
    Whatever you say man.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There's an easy way to dump a lot of power: funnel it all into a ship, leave the ship in aetherspace to implode (maybe even go find an aethercritter first) while you ascend away. Tada.
    Kinda what Xenthos said. I'm just hearing you guys are too lazy to leave astral if you're bashing solo....solution is don't bash solo....If you're going below motes I guess this could a problem but even then, as Xenthos said. Find a ship. Otherwise if you're not solo share it among each other. Don't link your nexus if you plan on going to astral. There's always newbies around that can use the power...
  • Xenthos said:
    There's an easy way to dump a lot of power: funnel it all into a ship, leave the ship in aetherspace to implode (maybe even go find an aethercritter first) while you ascend away. Tada.
    That is not the point though, the point is to dump power while linking fast enough so your reserves don't hit max. Else you create downtime which means the xp  or essence per hour is not as fast as it could be.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    Xenthos said:
    That is not the point though, the point is to dump power while linking fast enough so your reserves don't hit max. Else you create downtime which means the xp  or essence per hour is not as fast as it could be.

Is this solo or in a group? If it's solo...noone cares. Astral was changed repeatedly to be viable and rewarding to groups over the years. If this is in a group, you do NOT Have this issue unless your entire group is stupid.  
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I should not log in upon first waking up... Critical thinking is not my strength at this time of day and before breakfast.

Happy father's day!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What is fun about sending a guy a bunch of letters?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm glad you went with the letter option.

It was a great mistell to Crux.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
This discussion has been closed.