Real World Raves

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Acrune said:
    Rialorm said:
    Kagato said:
    Hah, how's that for irony.  I purchased FF7 on steam yesterday for $7,  it is now on special for only $4.

On the up side, my girlfriend doesn't have it yet, so I got it for her as a gift.
    <image
    I feel like somewhere on there should be a check to make sure that you don't already have it. I always have to be super careful about that :P
    Steam does that for you. It won't let you buy a game (for yourself) you already own. And there is a big green bar on the game's page telling you that you own it.
    You can't be too reliant on that, because it only warns you about having that exact version of the game.  They will sometimes re-release games in a "bundle" or even just the same game with a new title and some of the DLCs attached.  In these cases it does not give you that protection.
     Sure, with new editions like GOTY. But if the bundle has something you already own (say a DLC), then you won't be able to checkout with it, unless something has changed. (again, this is with buying it for yourself, not buying it as a gift then giving that gift to yourself).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Plus you might own the game in disc-form! Do people still use those?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    Plus you might own the game in disc-form! Do people still use those?
    I still own a library of discs, though the last one I bought was Heart of the Swarm.  Or maybe it was Wings of Liberty... hm.
  • Signed up with my union rep today. My apprentice payscale kicks in on August 1st (14.95 p/h), but as of a few days from now (paperwork process time), I'll be capable of starting as a B Tradesman (13.something p/h) instead of a Welder's Helper/Pre-apprentice (10 p/h).

Additionally, come August I might be able to get on working at a power plant during a shut down, so I'll be looking at about 3 or 4 months worth of 6 and 7 day weeks with 10 and 12 hours each day.

Sweeeeeeet!
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    So...went to Cedar Point to pick up my platinum pass today. Walked in. Rode 1 roller coaster. Walked out. 

The entire time I was laughing and giggling giddily to myself for no real reason other than I felt like a kid? I haven't been there since I got black listed from my job there for some unknown reason (I think I know why, but they never said)

But yeah...got pass, rode 1 ride, left...fyi I live like, walking distance from the place? What's BS is it's illegal to walk the causeway.. so if you don't have a vehicle you have to call a cab and that costs. 
  • I'm writing exams for a class, and discovered the glee of slipping references into the reading passages. 

Marcie is a high school student. Her English is very good. Marcie has a friend named Lillie. Lillie's English is very poor. Marcie goes to Lillie's house every night. Marcie helps Lillie learn English. They practice English together. Marcie is Lillie's tutor. Lillie's English gets better because of Marcie helping Lillie. After a week, Marcie and Lillie are the best students in the class. 
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• 92 on my Unix quiz today!  
  • Survived my first annual employee review at work today.  It wasn't the greatest, and I definitely see a lot of room for improvement, but I'm not fired and still got a raise, yay.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Going to celebrate America's victory today with some Popeye's chicken and Die Hard.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Slept for four hours.  Was very welcome.
  • Got results from my sleep test. No sleep apnea, but should get my snoring checked regardless as there is evidence it causes some disturbance. Main culprit however is my brain not settling down enough. So gotta work on that. Did get something to help me sleep and oh my goodness I had the best sleep in -ages-. Still woke up once, but I feel so deliciously well rested this morning (despite the fogginess the meds leave me with) and I had amazingly vivid dreams which is something I absolutely love. So, yay for that. Just going to take it easy for now and let my body recover after having spent so long running on its reserves.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • As I re-watched Die Hard with a Vengeance for the umpteenth time last night....I realized that Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson are the same person.

Think about it for a while.

And supposedly, they're going to be reunited in the next installment.  That might make it worth watching.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I'm really liking what I see in the upcoming Android 5.0

And it's coming to the Nexus 4!

Stangmar - Retired

• After months of fretting, scowling, grumbling, and general morose behaviour, I've nearly reached the hour to pay my tuition. I am quite happy to say that my budgeting has lead to my being able to cover this semester, my bills, and still have a fair bit left over in savings.

Hooray fiscal responsibility!
  • F*** YEAH!  Having your s*** together is the greatest feeling.

I should really be cursing you guys for introducing me to Steam.  Just bought the Age of Empires Legacy Pack, which gives me AOE II, the expansions, and AOE 3.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Snaithy said:

Things are finally happening on the baby front. Wife's waters went this morning. I don't think I even touched the floor whilst getting ready and half an hour later we were sat in the delivery suite getting monitored. Slow going now though....

My wife cruised to 9.5cm and then the labor just tanked, with our daughter being born 4 hours later. It was one of the most amazing experiances of my life, enjoy it!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The combination of new meds to help me sleep alongside a vitamin D supplement because I was having a serious deficiency are making me feel the most amazing I have felt in ages. I feel so rested and awake and my energy doesn't tank randomly and best of all I no longer get suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to sleep when I sit still. There is still work on the sleep front for me, but I feel that finally for the first time in months I am operating like a normal human being, Please let this not be a placebo effect I am experiencing, I'd be glad for this to last.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Animaritime was amazing! Sadly I didn't get to cosplay this year but next year should be good. (lack of funds on my part)

Maybe I'll go as Estarra.

:-?
  • I have been rather grumpy and when I'm that way I throw money at stuff to bury myself from what's bothering me. For once instead of buying something stupid (credits) I went out and bought something I've been wanting for a long time - a tablet. Next is a TV... been wanting one of those for years now, but mine still works, so... feels like a waste.
  • 22 Jump Street was effin hilarious.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Community has been picked up by Yahoo for season 6!!!  Hell yes!  #sixseasonsandamovie
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wut.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Congratulations!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Congrats @Snaithy!
  • Congrats!  The beginnings of a future Great House.
    Stangmar - Retired