Absence Thread

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Silvanus said:
    I had an unfortunate accident with my laptop and wont be back until next week. I'll try to long on via mobile
    Dislike!

• Hey guys - this is my absence post to alert you all that I'm not absent! Real life took a minor turn, pushing back some of the little order minievent happening in Serenwilde. Kind of awkward timing, I know, but I'm still here...

Or am I? Dun dun dun (the answer is yes, I'm still here).
  • edited September 2014
    Lisaera said:
    Hey guys - this is my absence post to alert you all that I'm not absent! Real life took a minor turn, pushing back some of the little order minievent happening in Serenwilde. Kind of awkward timing, I know, but I'm still here...

Or am I? Dun dun dun (the answer is yes, I'm still here).
    Don't worry, we all know that silence is a message within itself. Hope that your real life gets sorted soon.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Update to my previous notice. My grandma has passed away and after the funeral and other bazillion matters that need attending to, I will be back mid this week.

PS. Much <3 to my darlings who remain glamorous, artistic divas even in Dro's absence and send amazing inspired prayers. We'll live it up very soon.   
  • Test coming up at the end of next month and I'm trying to fix my poor studying habits. So, I'll be online but likely in a manse afking while I relearn geometry.

• Arsalil said:
    Already been pretty absent as of late, but will be even more so now and for the forseeable future as @zilias and I had our baby! Joseph William Thompson (Joey) was born Sept 28th at 9:50am, 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. Pretty much a little ball of adorableness. image

daww congratz!

It's true, I really am you.
  • I likely should have posted in this thread some time ago as this has been a long time in the making, but I will (officially) be absent for the foreseeable future. I simply haven't enjoyed playing Lusternia lately, and so I feel as though it is time to move on. Thank you for the many years of memories, and all of the fun times.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Nooo. Come back and join Celest! And bring Xenthos. :D
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Just make him agree to not break my stuff.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's not like I intentionally break stuff.

Most of the time.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My Nanna died this morning. I'm here but not here, depending on my mood, and then I will be away for the funeral (which will be on my birthday, incidentally). Expect me back next week.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Have had zero motivation to log in lately, other than a quick few minutes here or there to upkeep items/pay shop taxes.  Feels like it's likely going to be that way for the foreseeable future.  Likely going to just hold off on really playing until the initial overhaul is finished.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm alting as the hairless albino heir-in-exile to the dwarven throne of Orzammar. Still checking all news and messages and responding to all letters and origami and invitations to tea.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'll be out and about Fri-Tues[ish] on something a Halloween mini-vacation/house-sitting excursion. So don't burn anything down in my absence. Or at least clean up if you do. Msgs will probably be checked, regardless. Ciao

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Will be gone for a week.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Going on vacay until Thursday. I'm decently addicted now, so chances are I'll still pop in during that time.

• I'll probably be scarce until I'm done with NaNoWriMo.
  • Thayan said:
    I'll probably be scarce until I'm done with NaNoWriMo.
    The next library prestige contest is going to be epic.
  • Hi!

I've decided to stop playing Lusternia and am posting this here in case I've forgotten to say bye to anyone! No, nothing tragic happened. I'm not sad or depressed or crazy! I've just decided to close this chapter of my life - officially. It's been really fun and I hope others continue to enjoy the game as much as I have. Thank you to all the players who have shared the past few years with me and have made it so enjoyable and entertaining (you all know who you are). If you wish to stay in touch with me, my Skype is lyora.inseira. You can also message me here or my character. I will be logging in periodically for the next week to take care of some matters. Please remember to eat lots of cookies for me!

xoxo
  • edited November 2014

Lyora said:
    Hi!

I've decided to stop playing Lusternia and am posting this here in case I've forgotten to say bye to anyone! No, nothing tragic happened. I'm not sad or depressed or crazy! I've just decided to close this chapter of my life - officially. It's been really fun and I hope others continue to enjoy the game as much as I have. Thank you to all the players who have shared the past few years with me and have made it so enjoyable and entertaining (you all know who you are). If you wish to stay in touch with me, my Skype is lyora.inseira. You can also message me here or my character. I will be logging in periodically for the next week to take care of some matters. Please remember to eat lots of cookies for me!

xoxo

DISLIKE D:

It's true, I really am you.
  • Lyora said:
    Hi!

xoxo
    Ahhhh! But I only just met you! Peridot enjoyed clapping merrily while you slaughtered things. D;

<3

• Lyora said:
    Hi!

xoxo
    Noooooo we need more nekotai not less! Sadface :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I received a promotion at work, so please bear with as I adjust to my new hours. I should be back to my regularly scheduled Lusternia by the end of the weekend.

• I dumbed and forgot to post this for him when he asked.

@Tremula will be gone from the 6th (...Yeesssteeerdaaay I'm sorry) until the 10th or so while he's over at Nekocon. So be gentle with your messages to him until he gets back.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My family is coming into town today, and on Sunday, I head to a few days of continuing education. So I will be around, just scarcer until I get back on Wednesday.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

A nice computer guy says my laptop isn't worth repairing, but he'll happily help me move any data I need to a new machine. So now I've got to pick out a new machine. Begin choice paralysis.

Given that the only devices I have available are my phone and a Surface tablet (barf), neither of which can run Nexus or the HTML5 client, don't expect me in Lusternia until I've worked something out.

In the meantime, any suggestions for cheap laptops that can run (as examples of the most taxing games I own) Dragon Age and Minecraft on the lowest performance settings?

O:-)
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:

A nice computer guy says my laptop isn't worth repairing, but he'll happily help me move any data I need to a new machine. So now I've got to pick out a new machine. Begin choice paralysis.

Given that the only devices I have available are my phone and a Surface tablet (barf), neither of which can run Nexus or the HTML5 client, don't expect me in Lusternia until I've worked something out.

In the meantime, any suggestions for cheap laptops that can run (as examples of the most taxing games I own) Dragon Age and Minecraft on the lowest performance settings?

O:-)
    You can always use the mobile client from IRE for getting on if you do need to be on...

As for laptops, I'm a fan of Lenovo laptops, which you can get for as low as around 400 (Although it will probably be a bit more depending on the upgrades you get)
  • Thinkpad by Lenovo. It's their business line and it's built to survive the apocalypse. The quality of lenovo's customer service cannot be spoken too highly of, it's simply fantastic. I suggest an extended warranty, you can feed it to a lawn mower and they'll replace it no questions asked (I don't suggest actually trying this).

Ideapad if you want a "gaming laptop." Superb price for a gaming laptop, you can use the ultrabay and buy a second graphics card later down the line if you want to hold on to it for a while which will put it in competition with some of the premium lines. It's also the consumer line so the quality of the laptop isn't as apocalypse proof as the thinkpad but it's still very well built.

You make a good pitch. See y'all Wednesday if all goes to plan.
    I used to make cakes.