Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• What exactly does airpike do?
  • Iytha said:
    What exactly does airpike do?
    I am wondering the same thing. It says the balance is helped by being able to fly, but if you can fly, why would it be useful in the first place.
    Retired.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited October 2014
    If I recall correctly, allows you to move two rooms at once, thus avoiding potential nasties in the first room.  I used it a long, long time ago in Undervault on another character when I couldn't handle 3+ fisher rooms.

Edit: Unlike sprint, however, they don't have to be in the same direction.  So, you could go NE SE in a single movement.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yes, it's two instant moves at the same time, similar to queuing two moves at the same time, but with no interval at all between the two. Being able to fly makes it cost less power.

However, you DO hit all instant defenses in the intermediate room, unlike barrelroll. So that means you can be stopped by stun guards and statues/totems. It also respects walls.
  • OK, that's basically what I thought it was. Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2014
    Dear Designers of Lusternia. Please make this dress:

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited October 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Dear Designers of Lusternia. Please make this dress:

Black corset with a sweetheart + u-shaped neckline combo, sleeveless and backless, a thin black belt with a metal buckle, and a ombre skirt that fades from rich browns, dark maroons, and vibrant violets to a baby blue at the hem. 

... someone take it from there.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Sometimes I really wonder why people seem to think I'm stupid. I mean it's not like I haven't played this game on and off pretty much since it opened. It's always funny when an 18-year old character has a writhe trigger and knows their way around Air well enough to get to the archway at the same time as me, (Never mind that I don't get tossed around by elemental effects) then claim that they didn't know they weren't supposed to hunt on Air in the first place, followed by trying to pawn it off like they only got one essence off the plane by mailing me a letter with just one piece. Not like I wouldn't be offended by that act.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Some...people learn quick?

It's true, I really am you.
  • That's the kinda mindset you shouldn't be having as an older player. (not directed at you Naime)
    Just enemy them and move on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • We had the same issue in Gaudi about a week ago. Apparently exploration means stripping the Elemental planes of essence

Syrennia said:
    That's the kinda mindset you shouldn't be having as an older player. (not directed at you Naime)
    Being that I tossed a web and emoted at the character when I could have dropped a barrier and killed them instead? I'd say my mindset is right on target, thanks.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Got enemied to Celest for being in that Merian place near the Gorgogs. (while turning in the Gorgogs, at that) Reasoning was that I was hunting the Merian. No evidence or anything, not even a response to my asking about the enemying.

Solid. :D
  • Elanorwen said:

Syrennia said:

That's the kinda mindset you shouldn't be having as an older player. (not directed at you Naime)

Being that I tossed a web and emoted at the character when I could have dropped a barrier and killed them instead? I'd say my mindset is right on target, thanks.

I don't think the meaning came across correctly.
    Syrennia said:

Got enemied to Celest for being in that Merian place near the Gorgogs. (while turning in the Gorgogs, at that) Reasoning was that I was hunting the Merian. No evidence or anything, not even a response to my asking about the enemying.

Solid. :D

Celest, the holy and justice driven city. (UNLESS Illithoid, then you're on your own)

• OOCly yes, they know that is not tolerated. But ICly they can be ignorant since they were "new"

I'm not saying go roll newbies and not use any of your OOC knowledge and be a troll

Naime said:

OOCly yes, they know that is not tolerated. But ICly they can be ignorant since they were "new"

I'm not saying go roll newbies and not use any of your OOC knowledge and be a troll

Ok :(
  • Except Shaddus, he has been around long enough to troll.

Naime said:
    OOCly yes, they know that is not tolerated. But ICly they can be ignorant since they were "new" I'm not saying go roll newbies and not use any of your OOC knowledge and be a troll
    Ignorance is all well and good. Then they should be ignorant of everything, not just select bits like... "I don't know I shouldn't be on AIr if I'm Glom, but I can definitely navigate it and know to run when I see Elanorwen!"

Doesn't really work that way, I'm afraid.

• You win

• i really suck at Lusternia :-<
  • Overall this community is great. :x

• edited October 2014
    I've been on IRE games since I was about...14~ I still have no idea what I am doing half the time

• Rialorm said:
    Dear players: Please be excellent to each other. It pains me to see how many are leaving because of drama or other unpleasantness. It feels to me like the playerbase is shrinking faster than it is growing, and it is not just old faces vanishing, it's also new players getting such a horrid first impression they never return. I'm not saying you have to be best buddies with everyone. But keep in mind that any negative actions are going to be felt much harder in small groups, especially if the mood is already negative to begin with. We're all here to have fun, so let's just have fun.

I blame the intro.
    Retired.
  • i have never been so happy to be disagreed with, thank you guys :D
  • Rialorm said:
    Dear players: Please be excellent to each other. It pains me to see how many are leaving because of drama or other unpleasantness. It feels to me like the playerbase is shrinking faster than it is growing, and it is not just old faces vanishing, it's also new players getting such a horrid first impression they never return. I'm not saying you have to be best buddies with everyone. But keep in mind that any negative actions are going to be felt much harder in small groups, especially if the mood is already negative to begin with. We're all here to have fun, so let's just have fun.

I don't think it's the intro, but I do think the intro needs to be shrunk a bit. It's a little too much.
This discussion has been closed.