Character Secrets

Comments

• Iytha secretly does not enjoy cheesecakes.

• Eritheyl said:
    Haezon said:
    Haezon feels somewhat violated from the current political acidity he's gotten involved in. Man just wants to make plays and this is all a distraction he doesn't need.
    Didn't you just run for CL like a month ago.
    It was out of necessity.

Retired.
  • edited December 2014
    Xeria has given up on the shofangi completely.

In her exact words "the Kui can go eat shit and die". She doesn't care enough to even feel guilt or anger or regret or hate

After all that hard work and a lifetime of service, her only reward was a whole lot of hate for no apparent reason, especially from the younger members of the Kui. Who as far as she can see, brains reside in their groins and their muscles. Something she has worked hard to prevent). Simply because she didn't smile and pretend to like them or exclaim over their martial prowess. 

She's has come to a realization that @Azus (her mentor) is simply a politician. While they are on civil terms, she now understands that her Kusi gives on one hand and takes with the other. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Needless to say, she's very dissapointed.

She's glad shes past that now. Though she hopes to be allowed to wield shofa again without having to go back to the forest and the Kui. She likes hallifax and she likes the structure and order found within the city. Everything is free and easy. There's no unspoken expectation or pressure to "do this" "CONTRIBUTE" or do that. You rise as far as your talents and inclination take you.

is dead like the dodo
  • Even though Erythrykos lives in Glomdoring and has no plans on that changing, he's still a Taint-supremacist at heart. He never even truly got over Fain, though during a time of weakness he came very close once to throwing his mask away. At his heart though he admits that there is great power in Mother Night and the Wyrd, far more so than any power he felt in Serenwilde, he still is not convinced that the Wyrd is on par with the Taint, and people openly expressing dislike of the Taint in his presence tends to get under his skin, though he does his best not to show it.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • All of the kneeling and praying required for the New Celest citizenship process hurts Iytha's knees, so she mostly just has prospective citizens read the oath off of a piece of paper and verbally affirm that they agree to it instead of going through the entire ritual.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ^Closet Hallifaxian!

Ahem.

Subotai isn't a harlot or lecherous at all, beyond having a dirty mind and mouth. He's a bit hedonistic, but he really just likes to flirt a lot.

He's actually just interested in one woman, but he feels like she's not really interested in getting too close.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • And now... Kurut is no longer really a mugwump, but as far as she's concerned she isn't actually wearing a race-changing hat. Mugwump pride (except for the crappy stats that the amazing EQ bonus doesn't make up for (unless you have credits to make you tankier))
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Kazel keeps at least one living toad under her hat at all times....except when she takes the hat off...I guess?
  • Zada firmly believes that she was delivered to Pectus and Jinx via stork. And she's had the hots for @Ixchilgal since she was a teenager.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Selenity will not voluntarily go into bodies of water larger than a puddle. She will, however, do so for some perceived duty (order of a Divine, gathering essence, gathering corpses for a required thing, etc). Drowning when you're a novice does things to you.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My first death was by drowning. As was my execution.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ventidius is a massive nerd. If he was in the modern world he'd be into anime, manga, comics, old cartoons, vintage collectors items and sci-fi. In-character, this translates to him gushing about Magnagora inwardly. It breaks through sometimes, and is usually mistaken for fanaticism.

He's ok with that, but still fanboys over their Divine, the city, quests, and everything.
  • edited December 2014
    another, less well known about Kazel is that she has bad eyes and can't read without glasses, she is incredibly embarrassed about that though and has yet to put them on in front of people
  • edited December 2014
    Everiine said:
    My first death was by drowning. As was my execution.
    My first death was to self-inflicted alcohol poisoning, because I didn't realize what would happen and was curious...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I have the fear of using the ' orly ' emote in fear of well, this.

• Oh, character secret. Digee is a horrible racist, but tries his best to hide it since it is usually frowned upon when he makes his remarks.
  • edited December 2014
    @Digee I noticed, poor @Cadwyn
  • I had an idea for Usa, my researcher, where he'd spent so much time in the Temporal Conclave that he met and fell in love with himself from the future. Since communication could only happen by letting himself see snatches of conversations, though, he had to wait for a moment that 'felt' right, and say the things he'd already seen himself saying, in order to keep his own spirits up. He eventually realized this and moved on, and refuses to mention it to anyone out of sheer embarrasment, but he can honestly and without a trace of irony say that he helped himself through a tough time in his life.

Another was that since the Xynthin events made it possible, he and an alternate timeline version of himself played 'prince and the pauper' for a while, switching between timelines every now and then and playing off any differences he failed to correct himself for as 'oops, sorry, I'm just forgetful and silly.' Thing is, one was a momma's boy, and the other was a lot more independent, so they tended to act differently than one another, and had different diets and builds to boot. I've settled on which of the two is currently in the timeline, and they've both agreed to keep it that way and keep the arrangement under their respective hats. However both are amenable to the idea of switching at any given moment.
  • PLEASE
    The playa you love to hate
  • Ventidius feels sad the Basin is where it is now, and if given the choice, might not mind going back to before everything went pear shaped, before Cosmic Hope, before Magnagora became part of the Empire, and there was no undead or taint or things threatening to destroy everything. Because it's been tough for them all to survive, and considering what they've done.

The wreaths. Seeing what things were like before the Taint. Well, just, feels man.

• edited January 2015
    EDIT: Oops, wrong thread. 

Uh...Tyrni was not actually molested or interfered with in any way by Somaria, but on the rare occasions anyone in Glom notices his actual family, he acts as if she had so that they stop asking. The one time he was DAMNED close to being happy in a family way it was when he had a fairly decent shot, in his mind, of being part of the Nightshades, though that was secondary to the person he was with at the time.
  • I wouldnt say we're all unselfish. A lot of power play and ambitions are unnecessary in Magnagora politics, and just everypne trying to climb on top and claim victory for as long as possible. Things like slavery, too, you can't make an arguement for that being not selfish. I dont know how others justify specifics. As a secret, Vent wants to replace slaves with robots, or equivalent, because he thinks it would be more efficient.
  • Lusternia needs more robots and golems, I agree.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Almost a week without sweet, juicy gossip? Can't have that!

Wyle, my templar, is a LOT smarter than she likes to let on. Like, there are some posts from her tenure as steward where she gave the net difference between the various accounts from year to year, and she has notes on paper for her doing the math, made a show of trying to count it up on her fingers, etc. but she'd worked it all out in her head long before she made the notes. She projects a facade of cluelessness because it makes it easier for her to deal with other people.

She's also secretly terrified of half of the Nightshades. Not because she fears them directly, but because she has a vague fear of them forcing her to choose between them and her status quo.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Siam's always wanted to write lots of stuff for Glomdoring's library, but publishing them always felt wrong as it goes against Glomdoring's penchant for secrecy.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Depending on what exactly you want to write, you might be able to get away with presenting it as a thing that happened so long ago that keeping it secret is irrelevant. You can present it such that it implies similar things are still happening, if that suits your purposes.

Example. I've published things that included "historical documents" that were descriptions of Hallifaxian intelligence operations against Hallifax's allies way back during the empire. Nobody cares about them, since they were centuries ago. But you better believe they're representative of things Hallifax is doing now.

Dunno if that sort if thing could work with the specific things you want to publish, but I hope that it's helpful.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.