Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Iari said:
    Arcanis said:
    Mysterious = Suspicious.
    Conspiracy theory: Darvellan is really Fain, or Slaay, or Manteekan.

Because everyone knows any new New Celest God is really one of the Twelve in disguise. Particularly one who is "Mysterious."
    Truth be told, his story is even more foggy than "fake" Carakhan. Why (so he claims) did he leave to the void all of a sudden? At the time the idea wasnt even being considered by the elders, let alone undertaken. Why does no one recall him doing so? We have memories of Gods back to the first days, yet seems to be no mention of him whatsoever, if anything the very first mention of him was when he appeared. How did he survive in the void so long? By his account, he remained in the Void longer than any other God has, more than quadruple the time, how did he survive that? How is it a being that returns to find that all of his people are now dead or gone and only a handful remain..take it so well? Why did he not fall into despair or madness at the idea that thousands of people, his own people, are now forever gone? Additionally, if he assumed they were going to be destroyed, why is it he came back then, and now?

I could go on, but basically my point is, there is definitely something more there that has yet to be revealed...if it even will be. Far more suspicious than Droc.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    As much as I like speculation and theorycrafting, it's entirely possible that A: his player and/or Estarra are still fleshing His backstory out, and B: We're gonna scare him off if we keep talking about him like this like he's not here. Give him time, let my network of miniShaddai infiltrate His order let His order actually open if it hasn't already, and we'll see how it goes. Paaaaaaatience.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Simple answer.
    Because pirates weren't popular yet in 2004 :)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Weren't there hundreds and hundreds of Elder gods and we really only know a small smattering of all of them that were around?

I seem to remember reading that they went off to fight the Soulless in giant armies of elders and doing all sorts of fancy formations

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's Eventru returning. Just gonna put that out there.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Maybe he's just unflappable. Like me. Throw me any ball, and I'll catch it or watch it roll away with a shrug.

edited November 2014

Everiine said:
    It's Eventru returning. Just gonna put that out there.
    Don't you tease me. Maybe he's Eventru from an alternate dimension/future where he didn't fuse with Lyreth.

(maybe Darvellan is the half-piece of Illith that didn't splinter, and he's not really frozen in the north. The Void is in the north of Aetherspace,  maybe He's missing an eye because Tzariziko plucked it out)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Really, @Kurut if you announce something like that you have to expect people to poetificate at you.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Portius said:
    Really, @Kurut if you announce something like that you have to expect people to poetificate at you.
    The first thought that came to mind when I saw the shout was... "Where's the librarian and how much unpublished poetry do we have?" :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    And calling out Seren for it instead of Hallifax? I'd have written an epyllion of the spot if I didn't have an unpublished one already. Have to defend Hallifax's/my poetic honor, after all.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Daganev said:
    Simple answer.
    Now we need a ninja god.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    We do, his name is Shikari.
  • I can't help but imagine Shikari as....
    The playa you love to hate
  • If he's not dressed like this, not interested. This is a real pirate.
    Retired.
    edited November 2014
    Shikari is like that but more blood and mysteriousness. And more Masterballs.
  • A bloodhound, your loyal companion, has been slain by Sister Kierstin Indara, Rassaphore. Grrr....

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• edited November 2014
    Peridot said:
    I like to think that whoever came up with the idea of turning Gloriana to Glomdoring read and was immediately obsessed with The Dark Tower series.

KA IS A WHEEL.

KAAA, 

KAAA.-crowflap-

like me
    What, next thing you know they'll be lobstrosities on astral!
    Eheeeheeeheeeee! -claps merrily-

So I started re-watching Sailor Moon reboot cause childhood and just realized that Tuxedo Mask is "Mamoru" in the subtitles. And I immediately thought of @Selenity and lol'd.

I'm slow, do not judge.

DO NOT JUUUUDDDGGEEE
    [spoiler]
    image[/spoiler]

I've held funerals for most of my slain companions :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Leolamins said:
    A bloodhound, your loyal companion, has been slain by Sister Kierstin Indara, Rassaphore. Grrr....
    Everiine said:
    I've held funerals for most of my slain companions :( .
    Ecology master race reporting in once again. Our loyals get bone armour making them invincible.

(I'll always miss you Reginald, my first bat).
    Retired.
  • Neos said:
    Daganev said:
    Simple answer.
    Now we need a ninja god.

Shaddus said:
    We do, his name is Shikari.
    Actually Shikari isnt a Ninja, he's simply more of a stealthy hunter, consider a jaguar or cougar in this case.

The only 'Ninja' God I could think of would perhaps be Slaay, but that is going off little information there is on him.

Leolamins said:
    A bloodhound, your loyal companion, has been slain by Sister Kierstin Indara, Rassaphore. Grrr....
    Where did you leave it?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Does Lusternia do black friday sales?
  • edited November 2014
    Recruited a friend to try lusternia and we were talking on facebook

This game is intense

What you mean?

I've already killed 5 bandits
    The playa you love to hate
    Drakius said:
    Recruited a friend to try lusternia and we were talking on facebook

This game is intense

What you mean?

I've already killed 5 bandits
    I...what.

Where do we have bandits?
  • I think there are fink bandits in the new intro?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I tried the new into out yesterday. I didn't know there was a new one. I was quite confused at first.

The fink bandits are in the gnome area close to Cranky, so you can get widgets without walking too far. The bandit part must be to explain why the gnomes haven't just killed them already.

Don't worry, Qistrel. Everyone who tries the new intro gets confused.

oh, right.

I tried to get my wife to  play Lusternia, but she said (quote) "That's just what we need in this house, two people addicted to Lusternia!"

This discussion has been closed.