Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Svana said:
    I'm getting frustrated with the Kephera population again.

Two or so RL years ago, they had this sudden boom of Kephera players, mostly in Serenwilde, and every female who made it through the Portal of Fate was prefixed as "Princess". Well, this trend is coming back.

Now, I'm not normally a rational individual. In fact, most times I'm completely erratic and irrational. But I feel like these teenager or 20-something nobodies taking up the title of "Princess" lessens the title and everyone/everything that genuinely earns it. Marilynth was a princess. The Vernal Goddess who was chased by Muud was a princess. Zenobia is a princess before she gets transformed into the most powerful Kephera in existence (Mind you, she is pretty darned powerful as a princess too. One-shots me).

So what makes these new kids princesses? From my understanding of Kephera culture, the Queen is the most powerful female, the King is the most powerful male, and those two breed to make more powerful Kephera. The prince (or princes) are the strongest of their offspring, and are groomed to become a future king, as they earned the right to breed for the greater good of the species.

Why, then, is every single Kepheran Female who steps through the Portal of Fate a princess? Wouldn't they just be workers? Most of them couldn't even fight on equal grounds with the average worker or warrior in the Undervault Hives. They are weak and they are soft and most of them know nothing of their culture, yet still they're a princess.

This frustrates me to no end.
    Way to completely forget to mention @Kelly.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ventidius said:

So is Serenwilde still terrorising and tyrannically controlling its population or did the Admin lay some smack down?
    This is always a matter of opinion, but I haven't felt that the population is being controlled.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • There are a lot of female kephera workers in Akhari Hive!

• edited January 2015

Shaddus said:
      <HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE INDUCING KEPHARA PICTURE>
    ...thanks, because I didn't need any sleep for the next ever. :(
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Iari said:

Shaddus said:
      <HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE INDUCING KEPHARA PICTURE>
    ...thanks, because I didn't need any sleep for the next ever. :(
    You mean perfect, beautiful, and glorious kephera picture, right?
  • I should point out that the picture itself is actually quite good
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's better than when they used to all use Queen! Back when Qistrel was kephera (she was for most of her lifespan) and the initial Seren kephera player explosion happened, I got so annoyed with all the male kephera asking Qistrel what they need to do next at every single point that I convinced them all that I wasn't a queen.

Though that was not me trying to do unusal rp, it was me just being antisocial. I suspect I contributed to @Azus switching gender. Sorry I was a terrible kephera Azus.

• This is why, although unoriginal, human is prime choice for role-play and acceptance. A blank slate of role-play to apply yourself to. The only thing everyone agrees on about humans is they are oddities who came from Achaea some other world. Of course, the downside is there's no historical examples of great achievement by humans, but hey, evolution is good and double experience too.
  • I'm pretty sure humans only get 10% extra XP.
  • edited January 2015
    I have far, faaaar too many powerstones. Courtesy of awesome individual(s).

Anyone need me to enchant something?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Drocilla said:
    Milune said:
    I get excited when I see non-white emotes, then I remember I am in Mag and that it's been an hour
    WELL OKAY THEN. No more colour for you guys.

/greyscales Mag

Nooooooo :(
  • Kiradawea said:

Play it out. Play it until you have no powerstones left.

People like you, undercharging all the time or whatever, are what ruins things for the rest of us trade people. <3

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited January 2015
    I'm rewatching Sailor Moon Super S the Movie and wondering...

... does @Crumkane have any Bonbon Babies?
  • Riluna said:
    Kiradawea said:

Play it out. Play it until you have no powerstones left.

People like you, undercharging all the time or whatever, are what ruins things for the rest of us trade people. <3
    You have no idea how much I charge for my enchanting jobs, do you?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited January 2015
    None at all. But too many powerstones is very rarely conducive to good business, here.

Kiradawea said:

You have no idea how much I charge for my enchanting jobs, do you.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Lemon pie OP.
  • People either pay as good as nothing or they can't really be bothered to math and just give you a load of money.

...Not that I am complaining about the later
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The onus should never be on the customer to set the price for your services.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I honestly just don't care. If I'm stopping long enough to do trade work for someone, then I'm obviously not doing it for gold, and quite simply don't have the time to snoop around to try to figure out what everyone else is charging.
  • That's exactly why I hate doing business with people who go "Eh, just pay what you think it's worth". Because I have no clue what it's worth to you.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah I have buyer's remorse for overpaying Wale for regulators. I'm just too nice.

Next time I'm going to invoke the Thrifty Businessman aspect and politely thank my tradesman for the free swag when they don't give me a price. :disagree:
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ssaliss said:
    That's exactly why I hate doing business with people who go "Eh, just pay what you think it's worth". Because I have no clue what it's worth to you.

5 credits, every job. Pls and thx.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The trick is to work out which are the people will give you large amounts of gold when you say 'Give me what you feel like'.

• I'd overcharge, I have a useless trade. Since con platters are dirt cheap.
  • Most things are dirt cheap, food, cut gems, herbs (even though that got better a bit).
  • Every trade has that ass who will undercut everyone for the sake of it, even if it hurts themselves badly in the long run.

It's one thing I've never understood about Lusternia. Gold is plentiful. Ridiculously so! Yet still, year after year, we give our trade people next to nothing. (who often spend hours on this crap, re: herbalism especially).

Riluna said:
    Every trade has that ass who will undercut everyone for the sake of it, even if it hurts themselves badly in the long run.

It's one thing I've never understood about Lusternia. Gold is plentiful. Ridiculously so! Yet still, year after year, we give our trade people next to nothing. (who often spend hours on this crap, re: herbalism especially).
    I only undercut the other bookbinders because I'm getting my leather for 11 per and have a quill. 22 gold to make a kirigami, 17 gold (about) to make a wetfold origami. Sell it at 75 gold each. Still make a great profit imo.
This discussion has been closed.