Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Any mortal naive enough to follow an elder ought to expect them to vanish at any moment. Best to serve something constant and eternal, like the Collective.  >:D<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Well there's a bunch on the left that are still inactive and have been for a long time, AFAIK. But even if they are inactive, the God is still around, just for whatever reason not giving you biscuits and pats on the head right now.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I saw a Divine that has been on the right side for quite a long while just a couple days ago.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Wonder if the Eye of Zenos being released while the seals are weak would have any consequences :-?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    It's all @Drocilla's fault.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I mean, it does show Kraken on the left, and Jadice wasn't even visible for a long time until recently. It's probably just not up to date.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    At the rate we've been getting colour this and shiny that, we'll have graphics by 2016.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • But only on the HTML client until Mudlet supports them as well.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited January 2015
    Had to turn my gem on again because the season of lame is upon us.

Gonna be fun
  • Graphics? DO NOT WANT
    </RANT>
  • Shuyin said:
    Had to turn my gem on again because the season of lame is upon us. Gonna be fun
    I dont understand. Why did you need to turn your gem on for coming ascension? Im missing something here..
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Drocilla said:
    Milune said:
    I get excited when I see non-white emotes, then I remember I am in Mag and that it's been an hour
    WELL OKAY THEN. No more colour for you guys.

/greyscales Mag
    If you went around changing all the descriptions of everything to be monochromatic and drab, I would laugh so hard. :D
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Drocilla said:
    Milune said:
    I get excited when I see non-white emotes, then I remember I am in Mag and that it's been an hour
    WELL OKAY THEN. No more colour for you guys.

/greyscales Mag
    But hey, midnight has never been so exciting!

• I know this might be a bit unpopular, but I didn't mind the old nstat (when I even used nstat to start with). I'm not sure how I feel about the new nstat,
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Arcanis said:

Shuyin said:

Had to turn my gem on again because the season of lame is upon us.

Gonna be fun

I dont understand. Why did you need to turn your gem on for coming ascension? Im missing something here..

Shenanigans and seal event strategies. I don't want to give away my location without the bare amount of effort to scry.
  • Shuyin said:
    Shuyin said:
    Had to turn my gem on again because the season of lame is upon us. Gonna be fun
    Shenanigans and seal event strategies. I don't want to give away my location without the bare amount of effort to scry.

Ah for some reason I thought you meant have your name appear on purpose...I think because only a few minutes ago looked on QW and saw your name and wondered "Doesnt he have a gem..".
  • Svana said:
    -Good rant-
    I agree, and not just because all Magnagorans regard Kephera as scum either way.

So is Serenwilde still terrorising and tyrannically controlling its population or did the Admin lay some smack down?
  • Okay I'm not going to claim to be near as knowledge about this as Azus but from my understanding the only female kephera in the Undervault are the Queens, the nurses and the handmaidens. There are no female workers and the Queens are the only breeders. I don't know where the Princess title came from and I admit I find it weird that it's not Hive Princess since Azus has Hive Queen as a title.

Another point is that male eggs/larva/whatever are cared for by the nurses. I may be wrong about this but the female eggs/larva/whatever are left on a rock in the middle of the undersea to either survive on their own or die.

It actually makes sense to me though that the majority of kephera coming out of the portal are female. It seems far more likely to me that a female kephera would have the willpower/force of personality to leave the Undervault and enter the portal in the first place.

I will freely admit that most of what I know about kepheran culture comes from Azus and that I haven't been as diligent as I should be in exploring the Undervault (I don't like to die!) So if you know or someone else knows more than by all means listen to them.

I was kind of iffy about the Princess title myself but decided to use/accept it for in-character reasons. And I seriously doubt that one singular person (me) counts a boon of kephera going about calling themselves princess.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The great thing is that your character can totally feel like the title is meaningless and respond accordingly. Absolutely no reason you as a player need to feel miffed by it. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Maybe all kepheran females need to be prefixed Handmaiden or Nurse or Breeder. It'd make it easy to figure out who wants to rp and who wants to romp.
  • You mean, it'll make it easy for you to figure them out. ;)

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Okay I'm not going to claim to be near as knowledge about this as Azus but from my understanding the only female kephera in the Undervault are the Queens, the nurses and the handmaidens. There are no female workers and the Queens are the only breeders. I don't know where the Princess title came from and I admit I find it weird that it's not Hive Princess since Azus has Hive Queen as a title.

Another point is that male eggs/larva/whatever are cared for by the nurses. I may be wrong about this but the female eggs/larva/whatever are left on a rock in the middle of the undersea to either survive on their own or die.

It actually makes sense to me though that the majority of kephera coming out of the portal are female. It seems far more likely to me that a female kephera would have the willpower/force of personality to leave the Undervault and enter the portal in the first place.

I will freely admit that most of what I know about kepheran culture comes from Azus and that I haven't been as diligent as I should be in exploring the Undervault (I don't like to die!) So if you know or someone else knows more than by all means listen to them.

I was kind of iffy about the Princess title myself but decided to use/accept it for in-character reasons. And I seriously doubt that one singular person (me) counts a boon of kephera going about calling themselves princess.
    Just because there are no female worker NPCs doesn't mean that female workers don't exist. (Willing to bet it's just much easier to create one NPC and clone it X amount of times rather than produce a specific NPC for every possible situation. Next thing, you'll be expecting every NPC to have an official name) Heck, the average insectoid hive, the males mostly spend their time getting fed and breeding with the queen. Each and every female is warrior/worker/nurse/etc except for the one and only queen. If a princess happens... and it doesn't happen just out of the blue either, the princess will take part of the hive and move to another location to start a new hive. If, for whichever reason, the princess is unable to do so, the princess and the queen will fight to the death for control of the hive.

Now, I won't claim that I'm horribly familiar with kephera backstory/lore, but to me it seems that not everyone and their mother can be a princess. You need some of the others, too.... in fact you need more of the others than you would have princesses.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2015
    The problem is, with the avenue wide open for any female kephera to become a Hive Queen (or, at least, the temporary mechanical sort of queen), most players will naturally take it. It takes a very niche roleplayer to say, "Hey, instead of taking this easy route to pseudo-royalty, why don't I let someone else do it and just serve them complacently!" Ergo, almost every female kephera player ever will start with the MUST GROW HIVE, MUST BE QUEEN mentality, which often flops spectacularly.

Now, I do think @Dakhamunzu has a point, what with kephera princesses being smarter than your average kephera, and therefore potentially the most common kind of kephera to make it out of the Undervault and through the Portal. Doesn't change the fact that it's kind of annoying to me personally, but it's a very solid point.

Imo, the hive mentality should be done away with entirely. You're not living in the Undervault, your hives have no power. Now, I think it would be ten kinds of cool if there was some grueling quest chain for female kephs to follow in order to earn the right to establish themselves as a Queen, but that's a lot of time/effort invested for a non-problem. You do your weird bug things over there, I'm content with my empty Pack.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
This discussion has been closed.