Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Svana said:
    How hard is it for people to put a stratagem on repeat and make something in bulk?

I hunted down tens of thousands of comms, I paid out the rear for them, all you have to do is sit there and let a stratagem run. You don't need a ridiculously huge tip for that.

And don't give me the "Paying for my time" crap either, you were just going to sit afk anyway. May as well help provide people with decently priced brooches while you're off browsing reddit or imgur or whatever it is you're doing.
    When I did alchemy work, with them providing everything, I was normally tipped around 1-3K per keg, depending on the person. You are paying for a service. Just because some people don't use a stratagem (I never did) doesn't mean you are not still taking up their time. And not giving them a decent tip just means they won't help you the next time you need something made.
  • I've always done all of my trade work at decent prices, especially when it costed me nothing but the time I would have spent otherwise staring blankly into space.

Price gouging for something effortless is stupid.
  • Svana said:
    I've always done all of my trade work at decent prices, especially when it costed me nothing but the time I would have spent otherwise staring blankly into space.

Price gouging for something effortless is stupid.
    why should people then even bother to spend lessons on a trade instead of another skillset
  • Yeah, I see no real reason why people shouldn't charge for their trade. I'd probably charge ~10 gold per second, whatever that works out as.
  • Not much if you're an alchemist.*

Way much if you're an enchanter.*

;))

*(resource-gathering time not included)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Eh. Time is time, in my eyes. But yeah, for kegs I just charge a flat 2k per keg (although that includes my powerstones) if all herbs and kegs are provided. If it's a runed keg, it changes based on the rune of course.
  • I charge 50 gold per weight which is what other tattooists I know ask as well. That does come with design consultation and comms calculation. And yeah, you are paying for me to sit there with you, but honestly I believe that is fair because else I'd probably be spending the time bashing or doing anything else of note as I tend to not be online to begin with when not doing anything :P (And probably busy with stuff elsewhere) Someday I hope to get a needle, and then it will be faster. But I'd only ever get that if there were profit in it for me. Tattoos do have a nice personal benefit, sure, but if there were no profit in it I'd have it just for that.

Also, I now have an enchanted magic curio with acquisitio on it. I do apologize for all the spam today. But bashing is rather ineffective when you don't have that. Now however it should not run out (unless I seriously derp) or decay! Woo!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Heh. That was the exact reason why I collected the magic curios (18 of them, woo!) and had them enchanted. I've also got a runed cube, which helps tremendously.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm not sure 1000+ gold per brooch in tip is reasonable, as they take no more effort to make than a ring.

You don't take up a trade skill to get rich quick, you build up over time and it eventually pays for itself.

EDIT -- Apparently some of you think I'm outright refusing to pay for services. That, too, is stupid. I pay for services, I just don't -overpay- for services. I need to be able to sell this crap at a price that won't bankrupt people.
  • Svana said:
    I'm not sure 1000+ gold per brooch in tip is reasonable, as they take no more effort to make than a ring.

You don't take up a trade skill to get rich quick, you build up over time and it eventually pays for itself.
    either way, less than 5 minutes we got ya taken care of it ^^
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Yeah, 1k per brooch is a bit much, unless a brooch takes like half a minute to make. Which I very much doubt it does.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Yeah, 1k per brooch is a bit much, unless a brooch takes like half a minute to make. Which I very much doubt it does.
    @Arimisia did my full order, all 100 brooches, in under 5 minutes.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Rialorm said:

Also, I now have an enchanted magic curio with acquisitio on it. I do apologize for all the spam today. But bashing is rather ineffective when you don't have that. Now however it should not run out (unless I seriously derp) or decay! Woo!

What? I don't use acquisitio, my bashing works perfectly fine!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    Rialorm said:

Just grab one of them new-fangled fancy balls and spin...

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If one was doing the puzzle for the gnome Bottledowns quest, how would he make the puzzle accept and check his answer? Burned a decent chunk of my time figuring out that I had to touch the panel and not the machine, and then nothing happened when I had solved it (I think correctly.)
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Enyalida said:
    Rialorm said:

You can script it, sure, but it is slower. And I'm an efficiency nut. It is a perfectly fine solution. But I like to have everything minmaxed.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Slower how? It's a totally free balance to pick stuff up, and really simple to insert a strategem first to grab things literally the instant you regain balance, before you can move on.
  • The issue with not having acquisitio is that it screws with some GMCP bashers. If different things are in the room, and you kill the first thing, you'll still be targeting the first thing until the corpse is picked up.
  • 0 days until Mag election closes.

So damn nervous.
  • Eh, you can code around that pretty easily. I did, anyway.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    We'll see how this moves forward. I have a bad feeling about this and my intuitions are never wrong about people... 
  • Incoming rages on facebook page because those individuals have nothing better to do apparently.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    It's just hard to picture someone in charge of so much when they've never done it. Previous experience and all 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't think people will rage about @Marcella, but who knows

It's not like she just joined Magnagora fresh from another org and rose to City leader in a few weeks.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    She has other pretty strong roleplay reasons for people to consider her unsuitable....I wish more people paid attention to roleplay reasons when elections crop up though, for reasons such as this -

A smoky lilting voice whispers by your ear, "I will be displeased if I have to tear a new Warlady's soul for blasphemy against the Legion."

So. This will be pretty...interesting.

Lavinya said:
    She has other pretty strong roleplay reasons for people to consider her unsuitable....I wish more people paid attention to roleplay reasons when elections crop up though, for reasons such as this -

A smoky lilting voice whispers by your ear, "I will be displeased if I have to tear a new Warlady's soul for blasphemy against the Legion."

So. This will be pretty...interesting.
    Eh, sadly, elections in Lusternia seem to always be about a popularity contest and not about merit/worth/suitability. That's not to say that someone can't be popular and suitable, but eh...

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius for Student Council President!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Daraius for Student Council President best dressed monk!
    Fixed that for you. :D

• Is any progress being made on being able to fuse the obsidian runestones in a demesne?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.