Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Part of me wants to ask for context, but I also kind of don't want us to have a Tweets VII already.
  • What did Serenwilde do?
  • I must KNOW!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Seren alts are handy. Yeah ok, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard of. And why demigods only? Wasn't Zyphora a tiny thing when she won beauty?

Most orgs make a decision which seal winner to support.

• Altrea said:
    ... You just know how to make me sad, don't you? And Visual Studio had just finished downloading.

Brute force isn't as interesting, so I probably won't touch that.

Just think how sad you'd have been if you'd done all that work and the solver was wrong!
  • Marcella said:
    What did Serenwilde do?
    You now have to apply to go for a seal, are only allowed to try for up to 3 seals, must be a Demigod to apply, and there'll apparently be a referendum to see who's going for what.

It's dumb and will hopefully not happen.

• Kaiel said:
    You now have to apply to go for a seal, are only allowed to try for up to 3 seals, must be a Demigod to apply, and there'll apparently be a referendum to see who's going for what.

Ew yes, that will not fly. Every Org does something like this with some Seals where they all bolster support to the person who would likely win, but that does not stop each individual citizen to attempt. Serenwilde honestly could not enforce that, too!

But picking a Sealbearer to back for the final event, yeah, that has to happen!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Think of knowledge, justice and beauty, where your best chances are to get everyone and anyone in there having a go! Limiting competitors is really just tying your own hands. It makes sense in some seals to find out who is competing so people can choose to help them, like harmony or death, so you're not hurting each other by taking up all the mobs, but no one should ever be denied a chance to try.

• Akyaevin said:

Just think how sad you'd have been if you'd done all that work and the solver was wrong!

It would have been fun at the very least, though.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    lol

Come to Gaudi, we'll just go with the flow.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Kaiel said:
    Marcella said:
    What did Serenwilde do?

... glad I didn't log in today.
  • edited January 2015

As upset as you may be, there is no need for swearing on the forums.

• Kaiel said:
    Marcella said:
    What did Serenwilde do?

That's....huh..not sure where to begin with it, but i'll try anyway.

Seal events arent organization organized, they're game organized, meaning each player has an equal chance (in theory) simply based on being a player of the game. An organization has no jurisdiction on attempting to place limitations on players for the event to come.

If a player is feeling that they are being forced in some fashion to not compete in these events, I think a simple issue will bring the ire of the admin down on the leaders of said organization.
  • Go for the seals anyway. What are they gonna do? Kick you out for winning a seal?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2015
    Milune said:

As upset as you may be, there is no need for swearing on the forums.

-------------------------------------

I don't know who you are or who you were, but I'm starting to not like you. Don't flag people if they aren't obviously trolling or intentionally being flagrant with their language. If you have an issue with adult language, I suggest you go play Maplestory or something. IF you don't like certain words, I suggest you either provide a list of words you don't approve of, or you block that person so you don't have to see their posts. Until then, try to maintain some semblance of maturity.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The forum rules do actually state that we should watch our language and not swear at all. Or do we not actually follow that rule? (I'm honestly curious, I'm not attempting to be sarcastic or anything.)

edited January 2015
    If there's no swearing, I want a list of what words we're not allowed to use.

Further, if the rules on the forums are going to be upheld like that, it needs to be consistent in-game as well. I've been personally told by admin in-game that "I'm a grownup, so I shouldn't be bothered when people swear", after I issued someone for calling me a bitch. I don't like rules that shift depending on who is interpreting them, or rules that are just "generally known" or "common knowledge" without being wrote down somewhere.

I don't see swearing as a problem so long as it's not being used at length to be insulting or degrading.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • To be fair, @Shaddus, when I call you that it's behind closed doors and it's because we love eachother in that special grown-up way. :D
  • Qistrel said:
    Serenwilde just ruined Ascension for me.
    I was wondering about the post to do with that.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Qistrel said:
    The forum rules do actually state that we should watch our language and not swear at all. Or do we not actually follow that rule? (I'm honestly curious, I'm not attempting to be sarcastic or anything.)
    I can see forum rules being different from IG rules. Considering you can land on the Lusternia forum by googling, it is generally not the best idea to use the sort of language that might throw potential players off the moment they stumble on the lusternia.com website.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I guess I can kind of see that, but I still don't think it's an issue so long as it's not abused.
  • Qistrel said:
    It says to watch your language. Which is a really vague rule tbh :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2015
    It also says if you're not sure if you're violating this rule, then you probably are. :O

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    It also says if you're not sure if you're violating this rule, then you probably are. :O
    I read that as... If you think you might be violating this rule, then chances are you are.

Or... err on the side of caution.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Only faegoats interpret this rule to the letter, those horny, baaaaaad mofos.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    **************************[ All Curios (*FORSAKEN*) ]**************************
    Id      Type     Set                  Collection   Description                 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    118374  Complete Forsaken Veil        Forsaken     Complete Forsaken Veil
    49983   Complete Jewelled Eye         Forsaken     Complete Jewelled Eye
    138075  Complete Jewelled Skull       Forsaken     Complete Jewelled Skull
    5745    Partial  Frozen Spearhead     Forsaken     Partial Frozen Spearhead
    *******************************************************************************
    Total Curios: 4
    17:50:09:672|h:100% (9119)|m:99.54%|e:100%|p:10|en:100%|wp:57% -elrxkdbp- -Bm- 
    ***********************[ PARTIAL FROZEN SPEARHEAD ]************************

ID: 5745
                      Curio Set: Frozen Spearhead
                           Part: Partial Frozen Spearhead
                     Collection: Forsaken
                           Type: Travel
                          Power: Polar

Broken Spear Shaft: Complete
                  Spearhead Tip: Complete
         Jagged Left Edge Piece: Complete
    Splintered Right Edge Piece: Complete
    First Half Of The Spearhead'sComplete
    Second Half Of The Spearhead'Complete
                  Notched Shard: Complete
                    Split Shard: Complete
                 Y-shaped Shard: Complete
                 Polished Shard: Missing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17:50:14:072|h:100% (9119)|m:100%|e:100%|p:10|en:100%|wp:57% -elrxkdbp- -Bm- 

Worst time possible for someone to Icewynd quest! :(
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2015
    nvm
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • How hard is it for people to put a stratagem on repeat and make something in bulk?

I hunted down tens of thousands of comms, I paid out the rear for them, all you have to do is sit there and let a stratagem run. You don't need a ridiculously huge tip for that.

And don't give me the "Paying for my time" crap either, you were just going to sit afk anyway. May as well help provide people with decently priced brooches while you're off browsing reddit or imgur or whatever it is you're doing.
  • That awkward moment when you finally get the enchant you've been hunting for ... and you discover you already wear 10 rings. Time to do the ring shuffle. This is why I needed an enchanter to begin with, to put it on a magic curio. Woe! (Someone was nice today though and lend me theirs ... or very tired of my nagging. Either way, I appreciate it.)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
This discussion has been closed.