Dirty player secrets

Comments

• I just can't stop laughing. @Marcella pleeeeease share the list? @Lorina I am giving you perms to Ilhar when I come back. You guys crack me up. Ena doesn't have any secrets. Ya'll know she is an innocent Moonie Elfen ;)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sometimes I'm not as upset as Lavinya, and I walk off in a huff as an excuse to go do something else because I'm bored or tired of the interaction.

• I tend to threaten to chop down forests/do other equally horrible things because I, as a player, am physically unable to handle stress until I heal up more, and I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO LEAVE ME ALONE. ._.

Other times it's because I want the conversation to end so I can go calm down.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nothing to see here, just the usual. Move along!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Inb4close
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The reason I don't try to get into combat is not because I don't want to, but because I know that if I got to be any good I'd turn into a griefer
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I've played enough for long enough to know there are always griefers on both sides. And that pointing fingers never helps.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    One of, if not THE biggest reason Kagato stays in Celest is because, deep down, I've always been one for loyalty, plus if I was to shift out of the guardian skillset it would be cripplingly expensive taking into account the massive lesson tax from shifting to a different archetype, plus the fact that I've got a customised symbol and a pet pretty much designed around an aquatic theme, though I could always see about getting it re-customised, which I think costs something like 50 credits (would be kind of cool I must admit to RP out a scenario where Emeraude becomes a tainted Mizuchi or something like that)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Yeah, lesson loss is a hassle. That's largely why I haven't org or guildhopped in awhile

Arix said:
    Yeah, lesson loss is a hassle. That's largely why I haven't org or guildhopped in awhile

I can't remember the exact percentage losses off the top of my head, but IIRC if you are trans'ed in a skill and change to a different archetype, you lose around 755 of the 1,715 lessons that you invested, meaning that for each guild skill you need to reinvest another 125 or so credits to bring it back up to trans again.

• It's just 20%, if you're lucky and using them right in the same lesson pool.

It's another 20% on what you have left to switch to it's sibling, or 30% to go straight to the parent pool, where you can then spend it pretty much freely.

I agree, it's hard, but lessened somewhat when you can spend your stuff in the right order.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    edited January 2015
    It's still an extremely expensive price to pay for shifting. Even assuming your primary and tertiary skills were all somehow in the same lesson pool that your original skills were in and that you only paid the base 20% penalty, you would still need 171 credits to cover the lesson loss across your three guild skills.  We are moving off topic though.

• Glad a thread I made got so many replies. What a dark underbelly we have. Also i guess as a secret, I have actually been playing since beta. What memories. Miss Emar and Caighan so much.
    Retired.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I had several sets of vows planned out for Dar and Sylandra's wedding depending on who showed up. Mainly if Elostian and/or Lyreth had been there, things might have gotten ugly. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I had several sets of vows planned out for Dar and Sylandra's wedding depending on who showed up. Mainly if Elostian and/or Lyreth had been there, things might have gotten ugly. 
    Back offa my Lyreth, man. I cuttchu. (as an aside, I was crushed RL to learn Lyreth had 'died'.)

Seriously though, makes me want to do another wedding so I can write more vows. God knows I've designed enough gowns to outfit the entire Basinparty.
  • edited January 2015
    Qistrel said:
    I've played enough for long enough to know there are always griefers on both sides. And that pointing fingers never helps.

I actually think it is quite balanced. People are going to complain. I get to hear all the wonderful rages and you are so beautifully amusing. I get it. It sucks when someone kills to 27 time within 4 irl months...I know what it is like to have someone target you for no apparent reason too. But if it doesn't make you want to become better at fighting get better at running. Or laugh. It isn't worth the stress. <3 Still wanna see that list. Make sure Neos is on it. I couldn't live without mah Neos. X
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I can't remember if I posted any of this already, but I can't find it, so.

I've played since Beta. I've forgotten the password for my original character, and I can't remember what e-mail address she was registered on. She didn't go very far xp wise because I was useless at hunting.

Then they released kephera and I was like 'OMG level 3 resistance to cutting/blunt and it stacks with robes and they're good casters.' So I alt-ed into Qistrel, who did well at hunting until they did the whole 'Everything now enemies you and summons guards'. At which point I once again demonstrated my uselessness at hunting, and made my fiends teach me how to be an influencer.

So I was a keph for purely OOC reasons.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Half the time when I follow people to Astral to grief astral hunts, it's mostly to grab dropped corpses to offer.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Although I like making people laugh, I have a no-longer-secret-goal to slowly give people that interact with Selenity diabetes. It may take time, but by the Gods, it will happen.
  • I went to art school but did not graduate. My teachers told me I was not good enough =\
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Selenity said:
    Although I like making people laugh, I have a no-longer-secret-goal to slowly give people that interact with Selenity diabetes. It may take time, but by the Gods, it will happen.
    The Ministry of Otters is currently tendering the consumption of cookies and cakes, frosted in triplicate.

I had never originally intended to switch Mael back to a Furrikin [I started the game as one] after reincarnating as a Dracnari [and in fact he still self identifies as a shard of Dracnoris], but at the time it worked as a good stepping stone for getting out of a rut and some new RP. That I'd settled on otter was itself a discussion and sorta accidental, as I'd not intended to let my normal furriness bleed into the game. 

But now I'm an inescapably self-aware parody of my own otter obsession.... so it's all good. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Maellio said:
    Selenity said:
    The Ministry of Otters is currently tendering the consumption of cookies and cakes, frosted in triplicate.

Wrong sort of diabetes! The sort that comes from going "AWWW" and "SO CUUUTE" and "HOW SWEEEET" over and over.
    edited January 2015
    Selenity said:
    Maellio said:
    Selenity said:

Wrong sort of diabetes! The sort that comes from going "AWWW" and "SO CUUUTE" and "HOW SWEEEET" over and over.
    Would you back off my RP style plz?
    I used to make cakes.

• Wait, really? I've been getting a much more "sir" vibe from the Daraius I've seen than a "D'awwwwwwww."
  • foodragon.exe has encountered a fatal 'd'awwww' overload exception and will now terminate. Please restart.
    Aerotan said:
    Wait, really? I've been getting a much more "sir" vibe from the Daraius I've seen than a "D'awwwwwwww."
    I love that the responses to this are evenly split between agree and disagree. I'll take it to mean I'm doing it right. :)
    I used to make cakes.

• Selenity said:
    Daraius said:
    Selenity said:
    Maellio said:
    Selenity said:

Would you back off my RP style plz?
    Pshhh, why back off when we could team up?

[A] We otters have the market cornered on Awws and Dawws, so diabetes of any sort is accepted

[B] If there's gonna be any buddy cop team-ups Daraius/Maellio OTP, thank you very much xP

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!