General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    I think I'm going to snap and start shouting obscenities if another of my Facebook friends posts a picture about Chris Kyle or raves about American Sniper.
    Note to self...
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited January 2015
    Blame Xenthos.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Neos said:
    Shaddus said:
    I think I'm going to snap and start shouting obscenities if another of my Facebook friends posts a picture about Chris Kyle or raves about American Sniper.
    Note to self...
    Neos said:
    Shaddus said:
    Note to self...
    Was this note really so important that you had to remind yourself twice?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think the second was a note to himself to remember to write a note to himself.

• Just got my rent statement for this month, water for month of January was almost 8x the charge for the previous month, and we can't figure out why.
    Forums derped and double posted.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Aerotan said:
    Just got my rent statement for this month, water for month of January was almost 8x the charge for the previous month, and we can't figure out why.
    Either they made a mistake somewhere, or you have a leak. Someone I know had that, leak was outside of the house but in the part that is still considered to be yours despite the city taking care of lines up at that point. Long story short she was told she'd have to pay, people donated money because of how high the bill got, but then it was ruled she couldn't be held responsible for it and didn't have to pay after all. Frozen pipes and winter could be responsible for that. I'd start checking all lines everywhere. Hopefully it is not a leak in your house with hidden water damage somewhere. Still, if it is, better to discover that soon. Although I somehow feel you'd have noticed 8x as much water seeping into a wall or so. Since it is the start of the year, maybe the rates changed but someone made an oopsie on them? Are there other renters on the same water who might have a similar issue?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Our working theories are either that, or somehow leaving 3 faucets just BARELY trickling overnight (anti-pipe bursting, as directed by our office. Literally just enough to keep the pipes from freezing) is more water intensive than the water usage for two adult males who each shower once to twice a day and cook for two.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aerotan said:
    Our working theories are either that, or somehow leaving 3 faucets just BARELY trickling overnight (anti-pipe bursting, as directed by our office. Literally just enough to keep the pipes from freezing) is more water intensive than the water usage for two adult males who each shower once to twice a day and cook for two.
    Well, that's why your water is so high. Just shower once a week, or when you get dirty from being outside.

#hides
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Or shower together, that's how we keep our bill down.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Aerotan said:
    Our working theories are either that, or somehow leaving 3 faucets just BARELY trickling overnight (anti-pipe bursting, as directed by our office. Literally just enough to keep the pipes from freezing) is more water intensive than the water usage for two adult males who each shower once to twice a day and cook for two.
    Yes, a steady trickle will indeed use more than everything else you do put together, by a lot.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    And stop cooking pasta every single night!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • But it's so quick and tasty...
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Finally saved up enough IP to get my namechange in League...to find out someone took my name between last night and today.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2015
    Selenity said:
    Aerotan said:
    My out-of-the-box HP mouse didn't have one. I still prefer ones without USB, honestly, when I don't have more than 5 USB ports, since I prefer to have USB powered speakers to free up outlet space. I mean, your computer has a perfectly servicable PS/2 port for them...

If it's just an old mouse though, that's a perfectly servicable and valid complaint. Those suck.
    It's old. He found it with some floppy disks.
    On the bright side... mice aren't that expensive, you can probably get a decent one for less than $10

EDIT: Fixing a typo. You saw nothing.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Lendren said:
    Aerotan said:
    Yes, a steady trickle will indeed use more than everything else you do put together, by a lot.
    Easy enough to math that. Put a container of known volume under one, see how long it takes to fill, use that to determine how much water is used over the course of a month by 3 faucets running over night, compare it to your statements.

Now I'm curious, please do it and share >_>
  • Acrune said:
    Lendren said:
    Aerotan said:
    Easy enough to math that. Put a container of known volume under one, see how long it takes to fill, use that to determine how much water is used over the course of a month by 3 faucets running over night, compare it to your statements.

I'll poke it when I get home...
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Just had my wages garnished by a state I haven't lived in since undergrad. I didn't even ever get a notification. Just a letter from my bank today saying it happened and a line in my online statement showing the withdraw already happened.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Turnus said:
    Just had my wages garnished by a state I haven't lived in since undergrad. I didn't even ever get a notification. Just a letter from my bank today saying it happened and a line in my online statement showing the withdraw already happened.
    back-due state taxes?
    edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:

Turnus said:

back-due state taxes?

Edit. Actually did submit state income tax and had it all refunded because it never reached the taxable threshold.

• Aerotan said:
    Acrune said:
    Lendren said:
    Aerotan said:

I'll poke it when I get home...
    1 cup liquid every 5 minutes, per faucet. that's about 288 cups / night, which translates to about 8 gallons per night. Total. This is compared to the national average of 270 gallons per day for a 2 person household. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    8 gallons a night is still a lot of water to waste. It doesn't need to run, just drip.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That is just dripping.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    sure the math is right there? 

1 cup per 5 mins is 12 cups an hour x 3 = 36 cups an hour, 1 gallon is 16 cups, so 2.25 gallons an hour.

8 hours in a night, would mean closer to 18 gallons. Still a far cry 270.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • 270 is the national average household consumption of water per day for a 2 adult household.

And is likely what we used last month. Ish.

And it was 18, I just made a typo after 11+ hours working.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Can the bloody Australians calm their shit so that way I don't wake up with 150+ notifications to wade through? Gah!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula said:
    Can the bloody Australians calm their shit so that way I don't wake up with 150+ notifications to wade through? Gah!
    Imagine being an Aussie and waking up to 5x the number while you slept! (I don't know what this is in relation to, but oi, I will sic a drop bear on you.)

Turnus said:
    Well I found out it was because they tried to claim state income tax on a year that I was clearly not a resident there. I have tons of documentation proving that, which I have to send to them and then hope they refund me in a timely manner (it'll probably take ages). At least I have tons of proof they're wrong!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    All it should take is a federal tax form filed from a different state, too.
  • Enyalida said:
    All it should take is a federal tax form filed from a different state, too.
    I filed taxes in two different states one year. It's unusual, but it happens. I'll be doing it again this year.