General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Rheatsis said:
    I had to say goodbye to one of the best feline companions I have ever had in my entire life yesterday.. He was young, and it was not dignified. I cant stop crying, and I'm a mess. I feel like I've lost a child.
    *hug* I'm sorry that happened to you and your feline. I too have had to let go of one well before his time. It's ok to cry and feel like that, pets are adopted family to many. Take your time to mourn.

Edit: Tomorrow, I have to go file my paperwork for unemployment benefits. Getting or not getting them is going to decide my immediate future. I don't know yet when I'll know what the answer is, so there is possible more waiting involved. It feels like a lot of my life right now hinges on waiting and I just hate that because it makes me keep second guessing myself if I am doing enough. Because I could do be, but on the other hand, I need to not overdo it. Can we just speed time up to when this is all behind me?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ASKDVKADG

Answering a phone at work with headphones in and turned all the way up because my last customer was approximately 190 years old and spoke only in whispers that would make Nocht feel insecure. So I take my next call and am greeted by the customer HOLDING DOWN A BUTTON ON HIS DIALPAD SO THAT I HEAR NOTHING BUT A LOUD BEEEEEEEEEP.

This is the first time in my career I'm glad for a single-ear headset.
  • Tweets are gone... What will I read during my lunch break now :neutral_face:

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I rather like 32-bit Unicode.  I'm rather glad Win32 and Win64 use this as the native character since the inception of NT waaaaaay back in 1992, but then again I'm weird.
    </RANT>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Got fired at my job today over a misunderstanding. Meeting pending between the union and the administration. We'll see how this goes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    Got fired at my job today over a misunderstanding. Meeting pending between the union and the administration. We'll see how this goes.
    Did you call your boss Mommy?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Something like that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Good luck and I wish you well since you didn't do anything wrong, unless you screwed up in which case I think you're a terrible person and you should be punished.  There! Did I cover all my bases?

Seriously, good luck!
    </RANT>
  • Was told today I possibly will not get unemployment benefits because of the burn letter my old employer wrote about me. Was also told I am doing myself a disservice by having a side business because it may also risk my benefits not to mention I have to declare any work I do for it and that means no benefits for that day. So unless I earn more in a day with that than what benefits I get, it's not even worth it. Received the helpful advice of "just get a new job". Yeah thanks lady, I know you're trying to be of service, but as someone who gets a panic attack upon the thought of having to spend 8 hours a day in an open plan office it's just not that easy. Also, it may be months before I know where I stand with all this. Thing is, I'm not 'sick enough' to go on healthcare benefits, and honesty I don't want that because I feel I will be fine with a suitable job. Question is, which one is that? Feels most of life revolves around finding that answer right now.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My immune system is the worst. I keep picking up every little bug that's going around and it's driving me nuts. Sick of being sick.

• Lavinya said:
    My immune system is the worst. I keep picking up every little bug that's going around and it's driving me nuts. Sick of being sick.
    It is certainly harder when you have kids, I saw colleagues get sick every time their kid had something. While I have a sneaky suspicion some would 'game' this to have time to stay home with their kid or just for days off, others genuinely came in so sick we all got angry at them and told them to go home before the entire office caught it.

I assume you are, but regular and enough sleep, little to no alcohol, no smoking, getting exercise (running after kids here does count) and eating healthy all help. Also, washing your hands after you've been to the toilet and before you eat. Forego the antibacterial soap, that stuff is actually harmful when used a lot, but just a good rinse with water and maybe some regular soap. That stops a lot of bacteria transfer. Airing out rooms and not leaving used handkerchiefs or clothing someone wore when ill.
  • Blah. Had to call roadside assistance to get my car checked because the engine warning light came on and it acted odd, like it wasn't having enough power somehow. Lady from the towing service was very friendly though, and after some tests concluded it was probably a temporary thing but the warning needs to be wiped from the onboard computer now. So I still get to drive it over to the garage to have that checked. Hope it isn't anything too bad. I've also got some suggested replacements I will probably have done then rather than wait until spring. If my poor little car could last a while longer I'd be extremely grateful.
  • Paris: Come for the food, stay because you got killed by terrorists.
    Stangmar - Retired

• The worst part? We've got a political party over here that's doing everything in their power in order to gain popularity from that :(
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Stangmar said:

Paris: Come for the food, stay because you got killed by terrorists.

Too soon.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • It's never too soon for dark humor.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Ssaliss said:
    The worst part? We've got a political party over here that's doing everything in their power in order to gain popularity from that :(
    Every (extreme) right party seems to be jumping on it. Which for the extremists is pretty hypocrite. Like "our extremism is better". Uh no, it's still extremism. Sorry if that is too political btw, I do think there are times where you need to make a firm stand, but I don't feel any extremism offers a good long term answer and sadly seems to lead to horrible acts like this one. Have some tolerance and realize that we are richer for having varied opinions.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Tarkenton said:
    My son decided, that in protest for having to take a nap, that he would poo himself in his room and then make cave paintings.  POO cave paintings.

I may take pictures to memorialize them and provide a link so his...creativity can be known.
    Save it for when he graduates high school, if there's a party. Submit it as a baby picture for his senior year book.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tarkenton said:
    My son decided, that in protest for having to take a nap, that he would poo himself in his room and then make cave paintings.  POO cave paintings.

I may take pictures to memorialize them and provide a link so his...creativity can be known.
    One of my sons did that. However he didn't just paint with it. It was in his teeth. I still heave at the memory of his massively proud poo-smeared grin.

• Tarkenton said:

Good times, my friend.  Good times.  For me, I don't know if I'm going to put oldest through college or through a wall.  Some days I can't think of a better person on the planet, and other days I swear I'll need a pipe wrench to correct his attitude.
    </RANT>
  • edited January 2019
    -
  • Pain, pain, and more pain. I really hate hospitals.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I hate not sleeping because of deadlines. 

Half rave: After the 30 hour mark, you feel refreshed and like you could take on the world. 

Half rant: This is probably a very, very bad sign, powering down asap.
  • Too tired and sleepy for Lusty tonight.  Curses!
    </RANT>
  • I've been waking before my alarm again. This would all be good and well if I would feel rested, but I wake up with aching muscles. Supposedly it is an anxiety thing. Queue my not being surprised. Still sucks though. At least hot showers offer some relief. But then I begin to fret about how I only have that luxury because I'm home, and can take a nap if need be. Meh.
  • edited January 2015
    Grrrrrr... Well have a good ascension everyone. Just looked at the schedule and times for Aussies are worse then normal. Doubt I can make any events grrrrrrr

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Leo, just win beauty and become the first beauty ascendant.
  • =( but IIII wanted to win Beauty and ascend through iiiiiit. I made a special dress and everything. 

Seriously though, don't be afraid to go for seals first to decide if it's worth it.