General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Seems I was feeling iffy because I in fact had food poisoning from something I ate two days ago. I also ended up with a panic attack after I went to bed because the bird passing away unhinged me more than I had anticipated. In retrospect this was all a bad combination to be drinking to. I'm still reeling a bit today. Glad to be home fine with the cat and all but erk, all the losses in my life and me just feeling my life is a pretty big failure is getting at me again. I did a thing though and looked for local geek groups to see if I can make some real life friends. Nothing really close to be found but maybe if I kick myself to travel a bit I can at least meet some people who might know more. Will see where that gets me.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • A green christmas. Not a flake of snow to be found. Come back to me snow!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I cannot deal with the level of assfuckery.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Wow, that might be a first for you, @Eritheyl ;P
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2014
    Enyalida said:
    Wow, that might be a first for you, @Eritheyl ;P
    not even

going there

bye
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius said:

I took my old dog Apollo to what will likely be his last vet appointment.

I had him euthanized today after he stopped eating and couldn't really stand on his own. He made it 14 years, at least.

My other dog Errabundus is the same age but he's healthier. Just going to be thankful for that and not dwell on the fact that I'll have to go through this again with him in a few years.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    New Keyboard has caused more typo's than I've ever had in my entire life. Sometimes it just doesn't enter in the damn letter
  • Munsia said:
    New Keyboard has caused more typo's than I've ever had in my entire life. Sometimes it just doesn't enter in the damn letter
    Might want to have that checked since it is probably still under warranty. Of course, rather hard to play without a keyboard. Still got the old one as a backup?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Strep throat fun times. Well, at least it's an excuse to make soups.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I backed our four wheel drive car into the giant snowbank at the end of our driveway, because I was already running late and not paying attention :( . Had to take my wife's car this morning, and then shovel it out after I got back. Now my throat hurts from the bitter cold air I was gulping as I shovelled. Stupid snow.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited January 2015
    [Edit] Blah! I was accidentally reading an OLD post when I originally commented.  Too many distractions around here.
    </RANT>
  • When I lived in Alaska I tried walking to work a few times.  In Anchorage ice just accretes on every flat surface.  They don't plow the roads so much as plane them flat.  There's a reason everyone up there has studded tires for 4-5 months.  Yeah, I tried walking to work two or three times.  Let me tell you: break-dancing is a very strange mode of locomotion.

I'm in PA near the MD line where it's been weeks since I've seen snow.  I'd love a few of those DC inches.  It's felt like summer for weeks now, with temperatures routinely at or around 40F, but a few times climbed as high as 50F.  I miss snowmobiling.
    </RANT>
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why is the Fox amiibo discontinued!? Why didn't I get one when they were reasonably priced? Why did I spend $30 to secure one now? :((
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • The boss seems to be catching on to me.  For two years now most conversation with my interns went as follows:
    <me> (sternly) I expect you to be here no later than eight.
    <them> Sure.  Is that what time you get in?
    <me> Nope.  I'll be in sometime between 10 and 2.  Better act fast if you need me 'cus I leave at 3, while you are stuck here until 4.
    <them> 4?
    <me> Duh.  I can't work you both night and day, so I'm going with day.  It looks better to higher-ups.

The boss sent a request to everyone in my unit today.  He wants to know everyone's work schedule.  I'm sure the ``everyone in unit X'' was just a ploy though.  It's looking like I'll actually have to work an eight-hour day now.  OH SNAP!
    </RANT>
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I went to bed at 11:30, all ready for sleep.

My dad wakes me up at 2 AM and goes, "You didn't give the dog her breakfast before bed. She's going to start crying. We're going to be fined for her crying and then I'm going to throw her into a pound and she'll be killed and it'll be your fault."

... well... guess who's fully awake at 2:15 in the morning, who had been trying to get back on a normal sleep schedule...

I'll just sit here. Holding my dog. Staring at the computer.

Yep.
  • Selenity said:

My dad wakes me up at 2 AM and goes, "You didn't give the dog her breakfast before bed. She's going to start crying. We're going to be fined for her crying and then I'm going to throw her into a pound and she'll be killed and it'll be your fault."

... well... guess who's fully awake at 2:15 in the morning, who had been trying to get back on a normal sleep schedule...

Yep.
    Um... what? I find it really hard to believe that's what he said to you.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:
    Selenity said:

Yep.
    Um... what? I find it really hard to believe that's what he said to you.
    You do not know my dad. This is the reason why you've been seeing me post things about looking forward to leaving in 6 months. Except now it's 5 months. Yay passage of time.
  • @Selenity *hugs* 
    is dead like the dodo
  • So today I made a point of showing up to work at my scheduled hours of 0700-1500.  I rather miss waking up at 0530 so why not give it a try? After 2 hours on the road I said ``screw it!'' and turned around to work from home.  At least I got some snow. *grumble*

</RANT>
  • edited January 2015
    We all have that one friend who keeps dragging you into political discussions and then always gets offended if you have a different opinion, don't we?

:|
  • I hate that one friend, @Kazel.  I'm glad most of my friends understand it's not a matter of patriotism, but a matter of implementation.  We also try to address WHY someone believes differently, rather than just call them a dumbass for believing differently.  OOPS! Wrong thread, @Delphas.
    </RANT>
  • @Delphas even worse when said friend refuses to look at the issue in an objective way

• Kazel said:
    @Delphas even worse when said friend refuses to look at the issue in an objective way
    Eh, one man's patropsychoticanachromatrialism is another man's cryptosovietsupersciencebullshit.  There is no ``objective'' in matters of opinion, and matters of implementation are indeed matters of opinion.  How to end homelessness? 1) Give everyone a house, 2) Give everyone a job.  It doesn't matter which one you pick, someone will find fault.  Just be true to yourself and you'll be able to sleep at night.
    </RANT>
  • Delphas said:
    So today I made a point of showing up to work at my scheduled hours of 0700-1500.  I rather miss waking up at 0530 so why not give it a try? After 2 hours on the road I said ``screw it!'' and turned around to work from home.  At least I got some snow. *grumble*

I took route 7 into Tyson's from Ashburn for work. 2 1/2 hour drive. "JUST A LIGHT DUSTING," THEY SAID. 
  • Saesh said:
    into Tyson's
    I found your problem.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited January 2015
    Saesh said:
    Delphas said:
    So today I made a point of showing up to work at my scheduled hours of 0700-1500.  I rather miss waking up at 0530 so why not give it a try? After 2 hours on the road I said ``screw it!'' and turned around to work from home.  At least I got some snow. *grumble*

I took route 7 into Tyson's from Ashburn for work. 2 1/2 hour drive. "JUST A LIGHT DUSTING," THEY SAID. 
    I live 2.5 miles from work and the drive still sucked. Cant imagine actually having a commute in that.
  • Oh, why did I think this would work? There goes hours down the drain, ending in me coming to the realisation that trying to use one's text editor as an editor for in-game data will not work as one would think it would, and would be clunky and awkward both functionally and aesthetically. I suppose the idea was based in something sound, and perhaps would have been a bit better on a command line where multitasking is a pipedream and you could just wait for vi/whatever to close, but.... You live, you learn I suppose. Though I wish I could get the last couple hours back.

Also, obligatory rant about native Win32 development and Microsoft's complete insistence on the use of wchar_t anywhere and everywhere they can possibly force its use.
  • I had to say goodbye to one of the best feline companions I have ever had in my entire life yesterday.. He was young, and it was not dignified. I cant stop crying, and I'm a mess. I feel like I've lost a child.