General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Stangmar said:
    Ugh....running.

It's for people who are being attacked and didn't bring a gun.  
    It's for people who are being chased by zombies. At least that is what my current running app is telling me. Makes me wonder now if there is a running app where you are in a fight you cannot win.

I'll say though, running when not trained for it can be seriously painful. Memories of being a high school student and having to run to the train station because the teacher decided to make the class stay late because of one asshole, who got a kick out of not just griefing the teacher but his fellow students too. There was only one train per hour so you really had reason to sprint like an idiot with a heavy backpack full of books. Then sitting down nearly in tears from the pain so you could have dinner in time instead of starving, and some actual unwind time rather than just doing homework and then having to go straight to sleep.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Moving, bleh

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Stangmar said:
    Ugh....running.

It's for people who are being attacked and didn't bring a gun.  
    Or when the ice cream truck is getting away.
  • edited December 2014
    Rialorm said:
    There is an important distinction between assuming and believing.
    Daganev said:
    Selenity said:
    Daganev said:
    I hate it when people assume the worst of others.
    When you assume the worst of others or assume the worst of a situation, anything better than the worst will be a pleasant and welcome surprise.

Expect the worst, hope for the best.
    Also a great way to cause ill feelings, never ending arguments, and general misery. 
    That sounds more like actively believing something or someone must be utterly terrible and there is no other possible option.

As for me, today was a national day of strikes here in Belgium. Now with being unemployed that didn't affect me, in fact I could work just fine on the current webdesign project I am on. But it seems like -everyone- from Belgium on my FB is fighting the "I am on strike" versus the "I am willing to work" fight and throwing mud at the other camp and of course there is a lot of "bosses suck". "the government sucks" and also some "employees suck" going around. People collectively voted for the current government but are surprised it then shows its true colours. Well what do you expect when you vote for the lofty promises but ignore the rest of the campaign. It's not like nobody tried to warn about that either. And all in all, something has got to give, a financial crisis always comes with aftershocks and a debt that must be paid at some point. You can't have your cake and eat it too. But when you say that you've got both camps on your case. So instead I just stated I am quite enjoying the silver lining of having been fired from my last job. I still suspect I've probably pissed off some people with that :P
    You are talking about things that you have no control over.  I am talking about things you have complete control over.  If somebody says or does something, and you assume the worst possible motive, you just end up with a bad relationship.

For example, if I push you in the street, and you assume I pushed you because I wanted to harm you, but I actually pushed you so bird poop wouldn't land on your head, then we get in a fist fight, instead of me being thanked.
  • Was told by work today that I have mandatory overtime of two hours a day extra for the next two weeks. Maybe eight full hours this Saturday and almost certainly next Saturday.

Merry Christmas I guess.
    Think about the time and a half paycheck coming in, that's got to be nice

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Think about the time and a half paycheck coming in, that's got to be nice

It would be, if I didn't have Christmas off. They don't pay time and a half until I hit forty hours.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    My next project/client is going to be at a plant that was recently in the national news for having a safety issue that resulted in 4 people dying.

Joy.

(To be fair it's under enough scrutiny that I'm sure it is very safe at the moment. Right. Right?)

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • It's not enough that Cox Communications is a terrible ISP.....one of their employees cut me off on the freeway!  DAMN YOU COX! DAMN YOU TO HELL!
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    For my GD post...

Accepting that "what will be, will be" doesn't mean being happy with it. 

Especially when it relates to something that will happen over the course of years and people are treating you like nothing is wrong when they want you to do something for them, and like you're already all those years along when you want to do something for yourself.
  • @Selenity I don't know what it is all about, but It sounds like it's time to cut your losses and run. Damn the consequences. You're already suffering. 
    is dead like the dodo
    Xeria said:
    @Selenity I don't know what it is all about, but It sounds like it's time to cut your losses and run. Damn the consequences. You're already suffering. 
    Working on it. Six more months and I'm out!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My grandfather is in the hospital, and it's looking somewhat bleak.

I didn't end up making it to the last flight tonight, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning on the very first one, and will get there at ~9am tomorrow. Hopefully nothing will go really wrong tonight, and he'll still be around when I get there tomorrow. 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm hoping for speedy travel for you and also miraculous recovery for your grandfather. I went through the same situation a few months ago and am so thankful I made it to see my Nanna (a mere two days before she passed away).

• I'm so, so sorry to hear that, Enya. I can only pray that you will make it in time, but please know my thoughts are with you.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Was late to work today; slept through alarms, woke up twenty minutes later than usual, traffic was backed up so it took twenty extra minutes to get to work. It shouldn't take more than an hour to go ten miles on a highway.

Lost my bonus that I worked my butt off for all week. Blah.

Also feel like I'm not doing enough in-game. That, I can fix, at least!
  • I interviewed for a major promotion at my real life job last Friday to move from supporting a team of 4 territories to managing a territory of my own. Including, but not limited to, a 30% raise in my salary. 

The good news: My boss said it went great, that senior management aren't requiring a second interview, and everyone was impressed.

The bad news: I have to wait until February to find out if I get the job and/or where that job will be.  February. FEBRUARY.
    Saesh said:
    I interviewed for a major promotion at my real life job last Friday to move from supporting a team of 4 territories to managing a territory of my own. Including, but not limited to, a 30% raise in my salary. 

The good news: My boss said it went great, that senior management aren't requiring a second interview, and everyone was impressed.

The bad news: I have to wait until February to find out if I get the job and/or where that job will be.  February. FEBRUARY.
    Congratulations on the Promo, though? :D
  • Are there other candidates in the running? So we know where to send the assassins :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Was looking at famous birthdays and events that coincide with my birthday as well as those of my family.

My mother shares a birthday with Kim Jong Un.   Her cake will say Great Leader this year.

On the same day and year of my birth, Time Inc and Warner Communications merged to become Time Warner...one of the evil cable companies of our age.

Must be omens.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Being out in the middle of nowhere on ye olde mandatory christmas trip means I have no chance to get any more presents, which sucks because my counter was so high this year I figured I was guaranteed an ultimate. Flip side, there is a cell tower or something hidden out here so I can actually use the forums and check messages on my phone.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I haven't managed to get any so far, anyways.
  • edited December 2014
    I tried making salted caramels today, but apparently ended up burning the sugar because they came out tasting like buttery charcoal. Bah humbug.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Woke up with a massive head cold. Feeling all kinds of bleh. Muscles hurt too. Hoping this is not the flu.

Also my dad's pet lovebird died today. She made it to 18 years, her mate having passed away some years back. I feel sad because it feels like another bit of my childhood just went away. It feels like the older you grow the more of that happens and I'm still not sure how to deal with that.

Not the best of starts to Christmas, but I'm going to my aunt in a bit and staying there the night. I've packed my Kindle so I can sit by the fire and read while food is being prepared. Does mean my cat will be home alone. But we've played extra long today and I got him his favourite treats after, so hopefully he will not hate me too much.
    Working on Christmas Eve blows

Plus I miss out on more gnomes

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    There haven't been that many gnomes so far, so, you're not missing out too much.

• Sleep.. apparently I do not need it D:

woke up at 2am to hear a whole conversation between my fiance and his mother, got back to sleep (yay!) only to be woke back up I think next just before 6am to my heater dying for the third time this year to which I was not able to get back to sleep cause non know how to me quiet after that. -.-;
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Synkarin said:
    Working on Christmas Eve blows

Plus I miss out on more gnomes
    I work Christmas day. Yay.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I work every Christmas Eve from now on. And sometimes Christmas Day. And every weekend.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited December 2014
    Comparably small thing to be sad about, but: that moment when you use a site that analyzes things you've written to give you a personality profile and it says you lack an imagination, a brain, or self-discipline. GG WP, site, GG WP...

For those wondering the site, it's IBM Watson's User Modeling Service.

Edit: And the unimaginive idiot who lacks self-discipline's chart, because why not.

:: Proceeds to bury face into icecream. ::