Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Kiradawea said:
    Crumkane said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Eritheyl said:
    My understanding with Xion was that you really aren't getting that full clear 99.5% of the time, because of mobs spawning in rooms that are inaccessible until the step afterward is through.
    There are no rooms that are inaccessible and that mobs spawn in.
    Then I will join the league of 'admin pls fix', cause damn if that quest doesn't take long enough already.

Kiradawea said:
    If we're begging clarifications on which quests are supposed to shortchange you on corpses, and which aren't. Could we please get a clarification on the scorpion caverns as well? The caverns require 15 corpses, and there are 15 monsters, however only 12 monsters actually leave a corpse. The beasties that you fight when you defend the Sunflower girl do not actually leave a corpse.

I think @Drocilla may have been looking into Xion, but if not, I can take a look. I will see if I can look into the scorpion caverns as well. If things are not dropping corpses, there is a possibility that may be intentional. Either way, please bug these if you see them happen, and we will do our best to look into them.
    Thank you. I've bugged both a couple times before, but they always come back with responses that leave me uncertain.

Anyway.

How to hold a quiz:

Look at cwho.
    See that there are many citizens about.
    Announce intent to hold a quiz over ct.
    Watch as cwho shrinks down to almost none.

And that is how you hold a quiz for only yourself and close friends.
    @Kiradawea, which mobs in Scorpions Caves aren't dropping corpses?

• I just checked, and the monsters that attack Sunset Maiden- an enraged dhakoku (#82732), an enraged lopaqu (#147890), and an enraged nairemru (#25016)- DO drop corpses, but they immediately turn to dust, with the message as follows.

A harsh desert wind blows through and suddenly sweeps away the corpse of an
    enraged nairemru until nothing but dust remains.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I kinda regret making my designs public. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Tridemon said:
    I just checked, and the monsters that attack Sunset Maiden- an enraged dhakoku (#82732), an enraged lopaqu (#147890), and an enraged nairemru (#25016)- DO drop corpses, but they immediately turn to dust, with the message as follows.

A harsh desert wind blows through and suddenly sweeps away the corpse of an
    enraged nairemru until nothing but dust remains.

@Crumkane This is correct. Again, Wise Lady asks for corpses. 15 of them. 12 prowl about in the upper inner area of the caverns. The last remaining three appear when you empty a bucket of water by Sunset Maiden (55212). Room number v13633

Wise Lady does not appear to care overly much what the corpses are though. During the second round after respawns, you might as well hand her 3 more nairemrus, as one each of Lopaqu, Nairemru and Dhakoku.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Looking into it, the respawn on Scorpion Caves is intentional, and provides other steps to perform in between spawns from what I can see.

Now, since this is Tweets, I will stop derailing!

On with the Tweets!

P.S. Needs more sweets tweets!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Gosh darn it people. I'm trying to cut down on sweets and eat more fruit. And now? Now I'm gonna have to go buy donuts and cupcakes and all that to satisfy my sweet tooth.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Did someone say...donuts?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If fruit isn't satisfying your sweet tooth, methinks you might be eating the wrong sort of fruit.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ieptix said:
    If fruit isn't satisfying your sweet tooth, methinks you might be eating the wrong sort of fruit.
    Fruit and pastries/chocolate/sugar have a different sort of sweet.

• Ieptix said:
    If fruit isn't satisfying your sweet tooth, methinks you might be eating the wrong sort of fruit.
    Am eating apples, pears, bananas and grapes. But it's never enough. I can eat a fruit-basket in an evening and crave more, but one or two cupcakes and I'm usually satisfied.

Also.

---

With a loud yet playful whistle, a mechanical dirigible comes puttering in on currents of air, its metallic claw grasping a banana cream pie with toffee sauce, which it quickly deposits in your hands.

This little pie is only a few inches across, sized as a satisfying
    portion for one person. A round sweet pastry case contains a luscious
    filling of caramel-swirled banana mousse stuffed with slices of fresh
    banana, and topped with a generous helping of whipped cream. A
    delightfully sticky toffee sauce is drizzled across the top in artful
    swirls.
    It has 3 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Merry Monger Subotai Ysav'rai, Beacon of Hospitality.
    It has been stamped with the seal of Butterie Bakerflye.
    It has the following aliases: pie.

SHADDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!

Please to be send me more?
  • Ieptix said:
    Fruit and pastries/chocolate/sugar have a different sort of sweet.
    Chocolate-covered fruit. Also pineapple. Especially pineapple.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Isune said:
    @Thayan I am not sure why, but your gown was floating in Limbo. It's now where it belongs!
    Thank you! :D
  • And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I

log

everything.

• Tremula said:
    2015/01/24 03:49:36 - Shame lowers the eyes of the House: Tremula's ruthless and violent nature is a common horror story for children everywhere.

this seems like it should be a positive thing for Mags
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I think the idea is that denizens will lose respect for houses that let their members run around killing stuff willy-nilly. "Man, those guys are a bunch of insane maniacs, they just go around murdering people."

Of course, if you're a blood house, you're expected to do that.

• Qistrel said:
    I think the idea is that denizens will lose respect for houses that let their members run around killing stuff willy-nilly. "Man, those guys are a bunch of insane maniacs, they just go around murdering people."

Still, seems like a normal thing to do for a Mag
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We are not all uncivilised, uncouth savages with no self control. /forumrp

• That's right. In Magnagora we are more classical and refined, especially when we eat our sweets. -sips tea with a plate of ginger biscuits- /forumrp
  • The prices some people put up for crystals is insane. The wonderwand is nifty, but it really isn't worth 3000 credits.
  • Kiradawea said:
    The prices some people put up for crystals is insane. The wonderwand is nifty, but it really isn't worth 3000 credits.
    The market sets the price! Why sell for anything lower than what the highest bidder is willing to pay?
  • A whip costs 200 credits.
    A racehat costs 50 db.
    Magic item curios I'd ballpark to 100-200 credits at the most.
    Teleport is freely available.

The only items of note that aren't replicatable by far cheaper alternatives are rezz, wondercure, astral fling and starleaper. And if you put those in a direct package and put that up for 2500 credits, you wouldn't see people purchase that.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Unfortunately, it only goes to show that we aren't as smart as we think we are. We'll still buy the newest, dumbest thing because IT'S NEW AND SHINY AND I MUST HAVE IT, even though we can get most of what's part of it in a more sensible way.

Get ready for the next round of stupid curios, everyone! Curios that are just for RP, though, except for their combat benefits.

/sorry, I'm extra snarky this morning thanks to FB.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Kiradawea you know that you don't -have- to buy a wand, right?

I would like one too, but they are expensive, so I just don't get one.

I would also like fancy designer dresses IRL, but they are expensive, so I just don't get one.

Such is life, but it goes on
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    If you're paying more than 100cr a crystal, you're being swindled.
  • @Kazel Perfectly aware. I even provided clear math for why acquiring the crystals by purchasing them with credits (rather than as a nice boon from purchasing credits you wanted anyway) is inefficient and an unsound economical decision.

Which has nothing to do with the initial concern that someone desiring 150 credits per crystal is asking for far, FAR more than what they're worth.
  • Esca said:
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I

log

everything.
    I did not even intend to post it. I have scolded myself not to post it but it burned, and the next thing I knew, I had posted it.
    Then I decided to rp with it.

I'm too impulsive.
This discussion has been closed.