General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    We woke this morning, and it was snowing. It is still snowing. It will continue to snow. I do not like all this snow.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I will gladly take all your snow. Please deliver to southeast Michigan.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Everiine said:
    We woke this morning, and it was snowing. It is still snowing. It will continue to snow. I do not like all this snow.
    How much are you in for? My dad and I have the news on. They keep flip-flopping for my area between 18-24 and 24-36. We're also due for coastal flooding over here.
  • Nevada sucks, and I am dissatisfied with moving here early last year. We don't have any snow, and it's looking like 70F today or tomorrow.

Woe this weather, and my decision to leave Minnesota. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's going to end up being a light snow, somehow--not as much as I thought.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    This snow got a million times better when I noticed this by shoving my hand out the window, and then verified other people having this experience via google...

I hate snow typically but... this makes it alright. The snow may continue.
  • Two feet of snow, oh boy here we go.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I will gladly take all your snow. The past few days our temps have sat around 36-39C with humidity somewhere around 80%. Please please, send snow!

My dissatisfaction - I finally get to send the kids back to school today and manage to twist my ankle, making it that much harder to carry their 50 billion school books (per child)...and one of them was upstairs. Woe.

• It was 45F and sunny in the American Winterlands today. I felt like the East Coasters here should know this.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Selenity said:
    This snow got a million times better when I noticed this by shoving my hand out the window, and then verified other people having this experience via google...

I hate snow typically but... this makes it alright. The snow may continue.
    Obviously @Darvellan 's work.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited January 2015
    @Darvellan and @Jadice are hiding something from us...

• It's 60+ and sunny here in Lost Wages.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I swear to everything holy some of the people/trainers in the other branches of the company I work for are just stupid.

I realize there has to be a certain level of bureaucracy and process involved in what they're training us for, but we started training at 10:00, and by 1500, we had covered how to find the timestamp and determine if it was an urgent request.

Let me repeat. Four and a half hours. To teach us how to find a timestamp and determine whether something needed to be expedited.
    As a note for those in NJ and NYC, a state of emergency has been declared... STAY HOME.

Also, for those of you near NYC...

• I was wrong earlier, due to not having a window in my office.

It has been raining here in Vegas.  It's down to 57 outside.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Sometimes I read your american temperatures I wonder how you guys are alive for that half second it takes to remember you use farinhight.
  • I have the same reaction when people talk about 30 being hot.  That's below freezing in FreedomLand.

In honor of all of you folks in the Northeast tonight:

Stangmar - Retired

I didn't sleep. I should sleep.

I tried getting a glass of water for myself and ended up pouring myself a glass of creamer, putting the creamer jug in the cupboard, my phone into the fridge, and walking into the wall. Then when I realized what I did, I came back over, got the creamer out of the cupboard, put it in the fridge, and put my phone in the freezer. Only noticed a few minutes ago that I had indeed moved my phone into the freezer. My phone is now cold.

Fevers and not sleeping are a bad combination.
  • Selenity said:

I tried getting a glass of water for myself and ended up pouring myself a glass of creamer, putting the creamer jug in the cupboard, my phone into the fridge, and walking into the wall. Then when I realized what I did, I came back over, got the creamer out of the cupboard, put it in the fridge, and put my phone in the freezer. Only noticed a few minutes ago that I had indeed moved my phone into the freezer. My phone is now cold.

Having had days like this I feel for you, but I admit I laughed at imagining all this happening >.//.<

In solidarity, at least you've never walked into a doorframe in surprise when you turned off the light and forgot you had glow-in-the-dark nail polish on.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So my twisted ankle is at least a sprain. I have to have an xray today, hoping there is no fracture.

• edited January 2015

Selenity said:
    Anyone want some snow? Selling snow. Price is shipping and handling. May melt before arrival.
    I can ship all my unwanted snow to you to help your business. All of it.

Winter does last too long.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Maellio said:
    Selenity said:

Having had days like this I feel for you, but I admit I laughed at imagining all this happening >.//.<

In solidarity, at least you've never walked into a doorframe in surprise when you turned off the light and forgot you had glow-in-the-dark nail polish on.
    My glow-in-the-dark nail polish is really sucky. It hardly glows, and flakes off REALLY easily for some reason. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Maellio said:
    Selenity said:

My glow-in-the-dark nail polish is really sucky. It hardly glows, and flakes off REALLY easily for some reason. 

Mine isn't much better, but it definely glows pretty good if I'm getting something out of the fridge at night

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Can things just stop breaking for me? Please? The last few days just feel like nothing has worked like it should.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I was hoping for enough snow to get a paid day or two off, no such luck, yet schools were closed for two days for this little bit of snow.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    We got nothing, they kept the roads clear and dry, so people could take PTO at my lab, but otherwise were expected to be in.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited January 2015
    I just hate insomnia. I will still go to my courses and grab lots of coffee but yeah... One hour before I'm supposed to wake up I become sleepy. *weeps*
    Lack of sleep for a few days in a row makes me cranky too. I had this problem for years and if I start a book to try and sleep, next morning I'm still reading.

... I guess that's how I design the most IC. Waves of insomnia = me designing or writing in bed. The real reason why I can be so productive in writing for the game, in irregular waves, is my RL misery. Writing helps so I keep doing it.

• I just hate insomnia. I will still go to my courses and grab lots of coffee but yeah... One hour before I'm supposed to wake up I become sleepy. *weeps*

Lack of sleep for a few days in a row makes me cranky too. I had this problem for years and if I start a book to try and sleep, next morning I'm still reading.

... I guess that's how I design the most IC. Waves of insomnia = me designing or writing in bed. The real reason why I can be so productive in writing for the game, in irregular waves, is my RL misery. Writing helps so I keep doing it.

It's horrible, especially if caffeine cannot get you through it. I get sleep aplenty these days but if I decide to wake up early and thus not get 8 hours I deal with daytime muscle craps and I cannot think straight at all. I'm not sure that is supposed to happen. It also makes the insomnia worse because it means when I have to get up early, I stress about it, and cannot sleep, and then stress about how shit I will feel, and get no sleep at all. Welp.

As one insomniac to another though, if you have that a lot, consider seeking help with it. Medical science is still fairly rubbish about it, since we've only started to take sleep serious in the last decade or so, but stuff can be done. I at least function normal on most days now because I have something that keeps me asleep. It helps me nod off too. Unless I am too stressed. Think next time that happens I am going to try the suggested higher dose. I hate having to use meds so I try and make do with half a pill. Doctor told me there is no tolerance building nor dependency risk but I prefer things working naturally where possible.

If it is just your internal clock that is off, try melatonin, depending on where you live you might not need a prescription for it. It's close to natural and just real helpful for that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • You all took my snow. Missouri demands its snow back folks.Chop chop.
  • Simimi said:

You all took my snow. Missouri demands its snow back folks.Chop chop.

Missouri? Ha, Canada (British Columbia) wants its snow back. I can see grass. Grass!