General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Stangmar said:

I figured out how my roommate plans to support this disabled kid that he decided to take in.

By allowing him to eat my food.  I bought a couple week's worth of groceries thursday.  Went out of town for the weekend.  Came back and everything was done.  Got nothing but a sheepish 'whoops, he thought it was OK'.   After a conversation and thinking things would be set straight...I went out and replaced said groceries.  Yesterday.   Got home from work tonight....GONE.   

Fuck this.  Tax season ends in April and I'm moving out.   Supporting a drug addicted mentally disabled person was never mentioned as being part of the deal when I moved in here.
    Lol Unlirice pa more @Stangmar :D
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Stangmar said:

I figured out how my roommate plans to support this disabled kid that he decided to take in.

By allowing him to eat my food.  I bought a couple week's worth of groceries thursday.  Went out of town for the weekend.  Came back and everything was done.  Got nothing but a sheepish 'whoops, he thought it was OK'.   After a conversation and thinking things would be set straight...I went out and replaced said groceries.  Yesterday.   Got home from work tonight....GONE.   

Fuck this.  Tax season ends in April and I'm moving out.   Supporting a drug addicted mentally disabled person was never mentioned as being part of the deal when I moved in here.
    Lol Unlirice pa more @Stangmar :D

I miss that place so hard.  We have Jolibee here in Vegas, but it sucks.  Give me Manginasal!
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:

what it was like when I lived with a drug addict but I had no option to move out. :( Sorry you have to go through this, maybe get a mini fridge for your room and put a padlock on it? As for anything not to be cooled, look around for a good chest like box that can also be locked. Either way, both these items are handy and can be reused later for other things and you do not have to get them first hand. Can try a habitat for humanity restore if one is close by I know they sell mini fridge from $25-$50.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I actually do have a mini fridge.  It's currently serving as a TV stand for my TV.   Haven't plugged it in because it vibrates a bit and I don't figure that would be good for the TV.

I've talked to my roommate and he promises that the kid will be gone on the 20th.   We'll see.  I was almost late for work this morning because of him.  Very irritating.  I don't think he has any hard drugs on him right now, but I am trying to find his pot stash and dispose of it. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I bought a 2000 Suburban Monday. We need a roomier vehicle, and with another baby on the way in August, we needed to hurry up and get it taken care of with our tax money.

Sometime Tuesday while I was asleep, my wife decided to move the suburban, and then her car out of our narrow driveway so she could put her car in the back so she could go eat lunch with a friend. Since then, she's lost the only key to our new vehicle.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Without violating HIPAA: Folks, learn what your medicine is, how it works, and how you administer it. Then when you're done, learn the same for your spouse, children, siblings, and parents. They are (apparently) not always intuitive, and can sometimes be dangerous or useless if not taken care of properly. This is triply important for injectable medicines, as a lot of these are moving to pens, and the very young, the elderly, and the stupid may not realize that the medication may be stored in the pen itself, rather than in a cartridge or vial. At best, if the patient gets confused they'll be using, essentially, sugar-water and thinking it's actual medication with no improvement. At worst, if the medication has decayed into something toxic, or is meant to treat a life-threatening illness, this misunderstanding can kill you. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I did not know about a new baby @Shaddus!! Congratulationsssss.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Don't be fooled, it's just another alt :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said:

Don't be fooled, it's just another alt :P .

Alts aren't usually made accidentally >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait you should kind of know how it works by now.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I know what it's like to have a surprise sniper baby.

• Aiyana said:

Mm... I am either going to be transferring to another store, or I will be finding another job.

90% of our shifts, at any point, we are working alone. My coworker, yesterday, had someone come around the counter at her, calling her a f***ing c*** and telling her that "I am going to make you f***ing disappear, you little b****".

So, yeah. I do not feel safe at work. I work more alone-shifts than anyone else because I work evenings. I am not comfortable with that, at all.
    As much efficiency as the corporations have brought to the Free World(tm), one must also value the small businessman.  I'm appalled that an employee cannot feel safe at their workplace.  Seriously appalled.  I never felt endangered at my father's store, but I was also allowed to say ``Sorry, but we're all stocked up on asshole around here.  Why don't you try taking it down the street?''.  Yeah, good luck saying that when you're a McSlave.
    </RANT>
  • Stangmar said:

By feeding it the souls of the honest and hard-working? Wait! Scratch that! Don't most landlords have a policy against pets?
    Stangmar said:

Of course! To each his own need, from the labours of the hardest-working! The typical economy of kleptocracies around the world.
    Stangmar said:

Good sir! How dare you take command of your own self and deny the deny the commoners their livelihood pf bleeding you white by sucking the very blood from your own veins?!? For shame!

Umm... I don't think ``like'' is appropriate, yet somehow ``agree'' just doesn't see, to hit the mark either.  Oh well, at least you're moving out, and until then there's always Lusternia.  Failing that? At least there's internet pr0n... or has the vandal managed to hijack your computer too?
    </RANT>
  • Stangmar said:

I found this out after the fact as I got home from work tonight.  I'm now going to be looking for other housing, as I will not live with this kid.  I do not need my valuables or guns being stolen to support his drug habit. 

My gunsafe weighs a good 300#... of course that makes it a pain in the ass if I ever move.  I feel for you, bro.
    </RANT>
  • Delphas said:

Stangmar said:

By feeding it the souls of the honest and hard-working? Wait! Scratch that! Don't most landlords have a policy against pets?
    Stangmar said:

Of course! To each his own need, from the labours of the hardest-working! The typical economy of kleptocracies around the world.
    Stangmar said:

Good sir! How dare you take command of your own self and deny the deny the commoners their livelihood pf bleeding you white by sucking the very blood from your own veins?!? For shame!

Umm... I don't think ``like'' is appropriate, yet somehow ``agree'' just doesn't see, to hit the mark either.  Oh well, at least you're moving out, and until then there's always Lusternia.  Failing that? At least there's internet pr0n... or has the vandal managed to hijack your computer too?
    The pet thing might not be entirely PC.   And said roommate owns the house so..... 

And no, he won't hijack my laptop.  I don't imagine he knows how to use one.  The words at the least would confuse him, he can't read.  He has to have one of us search for shows on the Netflix for him in the living room.  

My gun safe isn't heavy.  It's just a small handgun safe.  My rifles are back at my parents' house in Utah.  This safe would be easy for a burglar to steal now that i think of it.  The main reason I got it was my roommate was feeling suicidal several months ago and I didn't want my guns to be accessible to him.  

Now that I type this, I realize that this situation is a little crazier than I had thought.  Overall it's been nice living here.  We generally get along really well, the rent is cheap(and no lease contract or deposit, so I can go as I please), and we have a pool...so that's nice.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• I love my better half to death, but his lack of confidence in the kitchen is frightening for how quickly things go south when something starts going wrong.
  • Hey, those of us with too much confidence can cause disasters too.

I've tried cooking things I had no business cooking.
    Stangmar - Retired

• @Enalyda - What I was thinking, but no, I have this lovely hand made counter top that was going to be used for the bar. But decided to make that room into a bedroom so with a little patience, I think I can utilize it, the office is as awkward as can be in shape. But no matter I get peace and quiet and once all these personal effects are gone I am sure it will end up being  a whole lot nicer. I have to look at a poster of eggs when I am here. Eggs. And this stand with half burned candles, and crap, there is a keebler elf stuffy, and it is tilted looking down, very.. Creepy. I do wish there was a window.. The smell from her leaving fruit in here to the point the insects aren't interested, and all her lotions. But, I will go back to smiling, and graciously biting my tongue.

@Stangmar - I understand the feelings. Was in a similar situation 8 years ago now. Spent 7 years in it. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited February 2015
    <rant>

These last two weeks have been really crappy for me

Last week, we caught a guy covering his tracks on a minor finding in an internal audit, a finding that had he owned up to originally would have just been a corrective action(ie, do it this correct way for now on) and it'd be done, but yet he insisted that he didn't do it and it'd never happen under his watch, until we proved to him that it did happen and then it was someone else's fault for giving it to him after the fact. He was let go, as an analytical lab, ethics is of the highest priority and if he's trying to cover up something this minor, what would he do with something major? People in our industry go to jail for that type of stuff.

This week, in addition to getting a ticket for a cracked windshield (WTF NJ, it wasn't in my vision), I found that my vehicle registration was done incorrectly so I have to go sort it out at the DMV. Then some lady backed into me at an intersection. Then the heel of my shoe ripped apart, and I have to buy more shoes (in addition to fixing both cars windshields and now my hood that's a bent up a bit.)

Then a employee I've been very patient with, and have put a lot of time and effort to helping her improve, quits. No notice, and leaves immediately after sending a pointed resignation note saying that I didn't impress the seriousness of the situation because I didn't yell at her and talked in lighter tones (which I admittedly did, so she'd be more likely to buy in to improving rather than pushing back). I'm sorry that you work in a data entry position that requires basic transcribing skills and can't figure out how to spell 'scratch' correctly despite it being typed out in front of your face 100+ times. Yes it's your fault for typoing that 100+ times. This is only one example. I know I'm not the perfect manager, but I'm working at it and working with you, instead of just getting rid of you and hiring someone that can read and transcribe with no errors.

</rant>

Edit: it just occured to me that this employee did the RL verison of BITCHSNUB. Send pointed resignation email, walk out the door to never be seen again. Made me chuckle

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Synkarin said:

<rant>

These last two weeks have been really crappy for me

Last week, we caught a guy covering his tracks on a minor finding in an internal audit, a finding that had he owned up to originally would have just been a corrective action(ie, do it this correct way for now on) and it'd be done, but yet he insisted that he didn't do it and it'd never happen under his watch, until we proved to him that it did happen and then it was someone else's fault for giving it to him after the fact. He was let go, as an analytical lab, ethics is of the highest priority and if he's trying to cover up something this minor, what would he do with something major? People in our industry go to jail for that type of stuff.

This week, in addition to getting a ticket for a cracked windshield (WTF NJ, it wasn't in my vision), I found that my vehicle registration was done incorrectly so I have to go sort it out at the DMV. Then some lady backed into me at an intersection. Then the heel of my shoe ripped apart, and I have to buy more shoes (in addition to fixing both cars windshields and now my hood that's a bent up a bit.)

Then a employee I've been very patient with, and have put a lot of time and effort to helping her improve, quits. No notice, and leaves immediately after sending a pointed resignation note saying that I didn't impress the seriousness of the situation because I didn't yell at her and talked in lighter tones (which I admittedly did, so she'd be more likely to buy in to improving rather than pushing back). I'm sorry that you work in a data entry position that requires basic transcribing skills and can't figure out how to spell 'scratch' correctly despite it being typed out in front of your face 100+ times. Yes it's your fault for typoing that 100+ times. This is only one example. I know I'm not the perfect manager, but I'm working at it and working with you, instead of just getting rid of you and hiring someone that can read and transcribe with no errors.

</rant>
    Tl;dr: prepare to get pwnt this weekend scrubs. :P

In all seriousness, that sucks. I wouldn't wish the dmv on anyone, ever.
  • The DMV is awful.  I just renewed my car's registration today online.  Even that was a pain because Nevada's website won't let you set a password you can remember.  >.<    

But it sure beats actually setting foot in a Nevada DMV.  I did that 3 times last year and it was hell on earth.  Long lines, nobody spoke English, just miserable.

Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Message someone with interest in what they're selling over Craigslist, that's been up for ~16 hours. I have to step away for seriously 20 minutes, and it's sold to someone else. Whee.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Not that I was interested in seeing Jupiter Ascending in the first place, but I'm bummed that the wolf hybrid character is just a regular human with ugly facial hair and pointy ears. Seems like a missed opportunity to put an actual loboshigaru on screen in big budget sci-fi romp. I would have been first in line, but I guess he wouldn't have been an appropriate love interest for Mila Kunis.  ;))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I lost my Nana. This is kind of a double-edged dissatisfaction, really.

She's been suffering for a few years now. Her dementia had gotten to the point she could barely remember anyone and she had gotten rather delusional. She spent a lot of time sick, broke a hip, but kept on trucking and enjoying life as she could.

But, at the end of the day... I'm going to miss you, a ton, Nana. :(

• I've determined that there is damn good reason why no sane IT department installs Windows 8/8.1 on their machines.

It's the Fuhrer's operating system.

DIE IN A FIRE WIN 8.1
    Stangmar - Retired

• Found drugs in my bathroom this morning.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• In a related skein, I recently found that there is a way to disable win8's "feature" of auto-restarting after every. single. update. without the option to delay/wait.
  • Might be too little too late.  I'm downloading Mint as soon as I get the chance.  My laptop has 2 hard drives.  Going to try it on the blank one and see how I like it.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I use Mint on my laptop, and I love it. It's easily the most user-friendly and stable operating system I've used (granted, I've only done a little bit of distro hopping).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.