General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Delphas said:

Don't you hate it when you want to reconnect with someone who's off-and-on connected/disconnected, you both have your own very busy lives, and you start to feel like a stalker just for saying ``HI!''? I know my peeps don't think I'm like that, but I still feel so.. so... dirty! Excuse me, but I need to shower.

I see you there peeping in my window -leer-

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    That irritating moment when you find an article on Jstor that's exactly what you're looking for but your school doesn't have a subscription to that journal. What am I even giving these people tuition for?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Public library?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • *grumble* I walked away from the store with only half of a chicken instead of two halves.  Oh well.  My lunch was both late and large today, so I'll just nibble while everyone else enjoys my world famous chix.  The secret is the glaze I slather on before slipping it under the broiler (or over the fire if weather was better).

That secret is brown tar heroine.
    </RANT>
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Mac people.

I had a customer today whose hard drive wouldn't show up on his desktop. Ticked the option for it to show, no show. Out of nowhere, a DVD icon shows up. Odd, the boss and I thought to ourselves. We opened his desktop directory in finder.

1,165 different items are on his desktop. The poor original Macbook Pro was trying to generate over a thousand little preview images for the pictures, documents and movies all on his desktop.

Moved them all into a folder on the desktop. Suddenly, his computer was humming along quite happily, and his hard drive showed back up on his desktop.
  • Delphas said:

*grumble* I walked away from the store with only half of a chicken instead of two halves.  Oh well.  My lunch was both late and large today, so I'll just nibble while everyone else enjoys my world famous chix.  The secret is the glaze I slather on before slipping it under the broiler (or over the fire if weather was better).

O.o I don't know what chix is, but the fact that it involves a glaze and a broiler interests me.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Dammit!  My webhosting provider I have used for the past 5 years now has announced they are shutting down their servers at the end of next month.  Now I need to organise a new webhosting provider and migrate a good 10gb of data.  >_< at least they gave me 6 weeks notice.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Twits who can't handle what they dish out. 
  • edited March 2015
    I'ts been over a year since that incident. Given half a chance and the tools to do so, I'd cheerfully plot the downfall of a certain group of people.

Y'know the extra stupid people you read about and laugh at in the newspapers? Turns out - they exist and they aren't a stereotype. 

(actually any whiff of  'em -still- makes my blood boil. Stupid and malicious. Concerned with getting the biggest slice of cake by any means possible. Ethics optional.)
    is dead like the dodo
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    So, the screen on my laptop basically just fell off. The hinge has been being weird for a while, but I haven't been able to take it in... now said hinge is totally caput and the screen has separated from its back. I'm REALLY nervous that the big store I bought it from is going to try to screw me somehow on this, even though I shelled out for the most complete warranty (which it's still inside of). It wasn't a cheap computer.
    What brand, out of curiosity? And store for that matter. If it's best buy with their super accidental warranty, you'll be fine.
    Lenovo, and yeah: Best Buy. I'm pretty damn sure that's the warranty I purchased - I'm trying to dig up the pamphlet thing they gave me with my specific plan info. At least: he told me that anything but being immersed in liquid or subject to 'biologicals' would be fixed. There was an awkward pause before he continued "Like if your cat climbs on it and pees all over it".
    They track it by your serial number, no need for the pamphlet. And yeah, sounds like super black tie, or whatever they call it now. Just go in with it, but backup first if you haven't. It'll be shipped to a depot in the Midwest, and if your drive is hinky at all they'll just replace it.
    I have some giftcards I'm going to use to get a not-expensive backup harddrive. The old one I have only has firewire ports :C
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Pectus said:

Delphas said:

*grumble* I walked away from the store with only half of a chicken instead of two halves.  Oh well.  My lunch was both late and large today, so I'll just nibble while everyone else enjoys my world famous chix.  The secret is the glaze I slather on before slipping it under the broiler (or over the fire if weather was better).

O.o I don't know what chix is, but the fact that it involves a glaze and a broiler interests me.
    Chix is...chicken, I'd imagine?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited March 2015
    Ieptix said:

Terry Pratchett. :(

As cheesy as the image is, this is quite fitting as to how I feel right now :(

Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Pectus said:

Delphas said:

Sorry, @Pectus.  ``Chix'' is a restauraunt abbreviation for ``chicken''.
    </RANT>
  • edited March 2015
    Delphas said:

Pectus said:

Delphas said:

Sorry, @Pectus.  ``Chix'' is a restauraunt abbreviation for ``chicken''.
    Well. Now I am most definitely interested. The restaurants I worked at always used 'chickies' :D That's kind of neat.

Our homemade ones normally gets a glaze of blueberry blackberry honey barbecue sauce before it goes in the oven. Or a stuffing of ricotta cheese, garlic, parmesan and parsley.

Glazes forever *fistbump @Delphas*

• It would be fantastic if a day could go by without my furnace needing fixing. I like the smell of wood smoke as much as the next guy but woodstoves ain't conducive to showering.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015
    They make us wear red on Fridays in the office. For some reason, I'm sure they told me why but I didn't pay attention. The point is I'm 28 and I stopped letting other people dress me when I was 10. 

edit: I also have like 1 dress shirt with red in it, so I have to wear the same thing every Friday. Red is not my color. Stop oppressing my taste!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Could you satisfy the requirement by like wearing just a red armband around your bicep?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'm not sure that a red armband would really give the right impression.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It would let people know you're ready to overthrow France.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I opted for this.

• C'MON, PEOPLE! Is this really so hard to do? Why must every file you touch have 28 different indentation depths?

</RANT>
  • Tremula said:

Or that you fight Jungian manifestations of the collective unconscious after school.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or that you're bleeding profusely from the upper arm.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Tremula said:

Who isn't?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"