General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Yup. Leonard Nimoy passed away Friday morning USA time :( RIP

Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • That is the worst news I've seen all day, and I work for a pharmacy.
  • Just got a call from a mechanic. I feel like this is how someone who had a loved one die would feel. I don't know whether to cry or scream. I think I'll go with disassociation for now. Hunter was the best ute a girl could ever hope for. </3
  • Having to download LoL to speak to people because they don't answer you on Skype. Bah humbug!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Come play with meeeeeeeeeee

• Starting to have to look into getting teeth yanked. Impacted wisdoms causing sharp pain, pushing teeth around like a big bully, and making me have a pretty constant earache too. Eeghl.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Listen this is going to sound weird but all two of my oral surgeries (wisdom teeth and tonsilectomy) have been not-unpleasant experiences. As long as you don't have adverse reactions to anesthesia or painkillers, the operation and recovery can be pretty swell. Just make sure you rest the entire following day with ice on your face, don't drink through any straws, and get your family and friends to bring you ice cream, pudding, and a 3DS with Starfox 64 and Majora's Mask.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

Listen this is going to sound weird but all two of my oral surgeries (wisdom teeth and tonsilectomy) have been not-unpleasant experiences. As long as you don't have adverse reactions to anesthesia or painkillers, the operation and recovery can be pretty swell. Just make sure you rest the entire following day with ice on your face, don't drink through any straws, and get your family and friends to bring you ice cream, pudding, and a 3DS with Starfox 64 and Majora's Mask.

The only thing I have to add to this is if you smoke, for the love of all that is holy, DON'T. Dry sockets hurt way worse than impacted wisdom teeth ever did.

But if you follow all of your dentist's instructions, the only bad part of the experience is the bill (assuming you're in the US, anyway).

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Riluna said:

Daraius said:

The only thing I have to add to this is if you smoke, for the love of all that is holy, DON'T. Dry sockets hurt way worse than impacted wisdom teeth ever did.

But if you follow all of your dentist's instructions, the only bad part of the experience is the bill (assuming you're in the US, anyway).
    my dentist left a bone shard in my gums. Hurt like crazy when I was thinking it should -not- still hurt this much! Went back for my follow up, told him about the pain and he was all, 'Oh, I see why, bit of bone there --Yoink!'...and then instant relief.

Dentists are the devil. But it was so much better than the constant pain from impacted wisdom teeth.

• Dentists are the devil. But it was so much better than the constant pain from impacted wisdom teeth.

They are spawned from Nil. I'm effing certain of it.
  • Daraius said:

This all depends on how deep they have to get to remove the teeth(ie, how impacted they are).   I was unable to eat solid food for 2 weeks after having all 4 wisdom teeth removed...but they were very impacted.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:

Daraius said:

This all depends on how deep they have to get to remove the teeth(ie, how impacted they are).   I was unable to eat solid food for 2 weeks after having all 4 wisdom teeth removed...but they were very impacted.  

A very good reason not to dawdle, and get these sorts of things done ASAP. The longer you wait, the worse it gets.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I was 18 when I had mine done. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled. I have a big mouth and tiny (front) teeth.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Enyalida said:

I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled. I have a big mouth and tiny (front) teeth.

Me either. I hope I never have to :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I nearly died when I had mine out, all four at once, wouldn't stop bleeding.

They have/had no idea why. not hemophilic or anything.

Spent two weeks in the hospital though
  • YOU PEOPLE... I went from scared to mortified and terrified. I don't really have a choice now, though. Going to a consultation this week, week after hopefully will be the procedure. The way they're impacted, looking at my last x-ray and being told they're basically lodged in my jaw and the fact that they havent emerged from my gums, they're going to have to be -surgically removed- which is what's getting me most.

Me and anesthesia don't get along. I tend to wake up. I don't want to feel all that. NNGHL.

• When I had some mouth surgery (granted, not for impacted wisdom teeth, but rather for a tooth that was stuck in the roof of my mouth), I didn't get a complete anasthesia. They just numbed the mouth so I didn't feel a thing, but I was awake for the whole time. Honestly, it was just really boring.
  • I had laughing gas and they just numbed me for 2 of my impacted wisdom teeth. The worst thing about that whole ordeal was laying there feel like there was a brick on my chest and this odd feeling and through of "am I dying?" I think its funny now >.>
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Getting knocked out was the best part of the experience for me.  I was 100% useless for the rest of the day. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited March 2015
    The Suze Orman show is ending this month.  :(  I've known most of what she says for years, but every now and then something changes or she mentions something I didn't already know. Guess I'll need to find another good source of info.

Edit: Though, looks like she's getting a new show
    :-O
  • If Isune doesn't respond to you in a timely or coherent manner, bear with me. Certain people need me right now and I'm kind of emotionally spent. This week has not been a kind one.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Isune said:

If Isune doesn't respond to you in a timely or coherent manner, bear with me. Certain people need me right now and I'm kind of emotionally spent. This week has not been a kind one.

Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out for the better soon.

P.S. Notice me senpai. 8->

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ... Okay boss. I get that we're short staffed but thanks for springing a last-minute schedule change on me when I was supposed to have today off and was going to the dentist.

• Rheatsis said:

... Okay boss. I get that we're short staffed but thanks for springing a last-minute schedule change on me when I was supposed to have today off and was going to the dentist.

I hate that, I get the "oh yeah your pose to be in at 9, but so and so called in, we need you at 5. I know it's 4:55 but they called last night."

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Honestly, I'd tell them sorry, but I have a dentist appt today, you'll have to find someone else.

There's a reason schedules exist, and it's a two way street, they should be understanding that you're unable to make it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rheatsis said:

... Okay boss. I get that we're short staffed but thanks for springing a last-minute schedule change on me when I was supposed to have today off and was going to the dentist.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Synkarin said:

Honestly, I'd tell them sorry, but I have a dentist appt today, you'll have to find someone else.

There's a reason schedules exist, and it's a two way street, they should be understanding that you're unable to make it.
    Unfortunately, the schedule he posted was 'wrong'... All last week, and posts it before he leaves last night. The one he sent to my DO has me scheduled to work. I'm stuck on this one.

• I've been sick for a few days now, but today I'm so miserable I can barely work.  My mind is in a fog.  There truly is no such thing as a man who has a toddler and is also himself in good health.  Gawd I cannot wait until that little monster grows an immune system.
    </RANT>
  • Don't you hate it when you want to reconnect with someone who's off-and-on connected/disconnected, you both have your own very busy lives, and you start to feel like a stalker just for saying ``HI!''? I know my peeps don't think I'm like that, but I still feel so.. so... dirty! Excuse me, but I need to shower.
    </RANT>