General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Aruin said:

Simimi said:

You all took my snow. Missouri demands its snow back folks.Chop chop.

Missouri? Ha, Canada (British Columbia) wants its snow back. I can see grass. Grass! 
    I weep for your vision that it might be assaulted by such plebian of ground coverings.
  • edited February 2019
    I just hate insomnia. I will still go to my courses and grab lots of coffee but yeah... One hour before I'm supposed to wake up I become sleepy. *weeps*
    Lack of sleep for a few days in a row makes me cranky too. I had this problem for years and if I start a book to try and sleep, next morning I'm still reading.

... I guess that's how I design the most IC. Waves of insomnia = me designing or writing in bed. The real reason why I can be so productive in writing for the game, in irregular waves, is my RL misery. Writing helps so I keep doing it.

It's horrible, especially if caffeine cannot get you through it. I get sleep aplenty these days but if I decide to wake up early and thus not get 8 hours I deal with daytime muscle craps and I cannot think straight at all. I'm not sure that is supposed to happen. It also makes the insomnia worse because it means when I have to get up early, I stress about it, and cannot sleep, and then stress about how shit I will feel, and get no sleep at all. Welp.

As one insomniac to another though, if you have that a lot, consider seeking help with it. Medical science is still fairly rubbish about it, since we've only started to take sleep serious in the last decade or so, but stuff can be done. I at least function normal on most days now because I have something that keeps me asleep. It helps me nod off too. Unless I am too stressed. Think next time that happens I am going to try the suggested higher dose. I hate having to use meds so I try and make do with half a pill. Doctor told me there is no tolerance building nor dependency risk but I prefer things working naturally where possible.

If it is just your internal clock that is off, try melatonin, depending on where you live you might not need a prescription for it. It's close to natural and just real helpful for that.
    Oh my, yes strong double espressos get me through the day now when I deal with insomnia. Regular coffee, not so much.

I tried melatonin but it didn't work. Sports really helped me more than pills, if you deal with stress and insomnia too. Good luck and if you have not tried it yet, consider to practice/ discover a sport that you might enjoy and will make you spend some more energy. I personally really enjoyed a bit of yoga, running, swimming and judo every now and then. Sports and writing have been my greatest helps.

Wishing you lots of good sleep.
  • There is nothing like getting a call from the family of an old friend and being told your childhood friend overdosed on crack. :\
    The playa you love to hate
  • Rialorm said:

I just hate insomnia. I will still go to my courses and grab lots of coffee but yeah... One hour before I'm supposed to wake up I become sleepy. *weeps*

Lack of sleep for a few days in a row makes me cranky too. I had this problem for years and if I start a book to try and sleep, next morning I'm still reading.

... I guess that's how I design the most IC. Waves of insomnia = me designing or writing in bed. The real reason why I can be so productive in writing for the game, in irregular waves, is my RL misery. Writing helps so I keep doing it.

It's horrible, especially if caffeine cannot get you through it. I get sleep aplenty these days but if I decide to wake up early and thus not get 8 hours I deal with daytime muscle craps and I cannot think straight at all. I'm not sure that is supposed to happen. It also makes the insomnia worse because it means when I have to get up early, I stress about it, and cannot sleep, and then stress about how shit I will feel, and get no sleep at all. Welp.

As one insomniac to another though, if you have that a lot, consider seeking help with it. Medical science is still fairly rubbish about it, since we've only started to take sleep serious in the last decade or so, but stuff can be done. I at least function normal on most days now because I have something that keeps me asleep. It helps me nod off too. Unless I am too stressed. Think next time that happens I am going to try the suggested higher dose. I hate having to use meds so I try and make do with half a pill. Doctor told me there is no tolerance building nor dependency risk but I prefer things working naturally where possible.

If it is just your internal clock that is off, try melatonin, depending on where you live you might not need a prescription for it. It's close to natural and just real helpful for that.
    Oh my, yes strong double espressos get me through the day now when I deal with insomnia. Regular coffee, not so much.

I tried melatonin but it didn't work. The feeling made me panic so now I avoid it. I have intolerance towards many kinds of pills and I never found any that was right for me. Sports really helped me more than pills, if you deal with stress and insomnia too. Good luck and if you have not tried it yet, consider to practice/ discover a sport that you might enjoy and will make you spend some more energy. I personally really enjoyed a bit of yoga, running, swimming and judo every now and then. Sports and writing have been my greatest helps.

Wishing you lots of good sleep.
    Yeah, I haven't been running lately and I can feel it affecting me. Then again running on ice is not a good idea. But it looks like there might be a few nice days coming up after the ice rain of late. I discovered the zombies run app and that has helped me lots. I'm also considering weight lifting, I went to a gym a while some years ago but I'd rather do some real lifting than the fancy machines. Cardio is doing fuck all for weight loss for me, and I already watch my diet, so I want to explore what would happen if I make my body build some muscle. And then see how that affects mood and sleep. The height of my insomnia issue was due to work stress though, because there was no understanding for it at all. I'm outside that negative feedback loop now, so I just need to practice more with it until the fear dissipates. Sure would be nice though if my body would not react so outrageously to just one or a few missed hours of sleep. That is where a lot of the fear comes from, and there seems to be nothing medical that can explain it >_<
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Things you never want to hear your dentist say, brought to you by Selenity:

• I'm not exactly sure why your mouth is hurting.
    • Your teeth look rather strange on this x-ray.
    • Oh, I see, a little cavity, let me just check it real quick...
    • Uh, sorry that I broke off half your tooth.
    • Ohh I see now, your teeth are rotting from the inside out! Too bad flossing, using mouth rinse, and brushing your teeth don't help with that, huh?
    • Er... I didn't expect your gums to bleed this much.
    • The novocaine should last the whole procedure. Most likely.
      • (( it didn't ))
    • Ohh I see now, your fillings are also falling apart, it makes sense!
    • Have you ever considered dentures?
    • Alright, so, we should need three more appointments to fix your teeth for now.

... my mouth.
  • Selenity said:

Things you never want to hear your dentist say, brought to you by Selenity:

• I'm not exactly sure why your mouth is hurting.
    • Your teeth look rather strange on this x-ray.
    • Oh, I see, a little cavity, let me just check it real quick...
    • Uh, sorry that I broke off half your tooth.
    • Ohh I see now, your teeth are rotting from the inside out! Too bad flossing, using mouth rinse, and brushing your teeth don't help with that, huh?
    • Er... I didn't expect your gums to bleed this much.
    • The novocaine should last the whole procedure. Most likely.
      • (( it didn't ))
    • Ohh I see now, your fillings are also falling apart, it makes sense!
    • Have you ever considered dentures?
    • Alright, so, we should need three more appointments to fix your teeth for now.

... my mouth.
    So many hugs. That sounds like a horror story and a half!

I hope everything turns out all right in the end. (And that it doesn't end up costing your soul plus change to pay for it.)
  • The new Fantastic Four looks as shitastic as the old ones.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Effing iPrimus and Telstra and ADSL can all go jump. How do explain to these people the power it costs a dancer to def? Hoooow? Lol.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Effing iPrimus and Telstra and ADSL can all go jump. How do explain to these people the power it costs a dancer to def? Hoooow? Lol.

I'm not liking your pain, but I do understand it! Aussie internet = Hardcore level Lusternia-ing

• Lavinya said:

Effing iPrimus and Telstra and ADSL can all go jump. How do explain to these people the power it costs a dancer to def? Hoooow? Lol.

I'm not liking your pain, but I do understand it! Aussie internet = Hardcore level Lusternia-ing
    When they ask what they can do to compensate, and I tell them, be better...they get confused. I tried, buy me credits. That failed. I settled on $100. They are up to $340 right now. At this rate they will be paying me to stay connected. lol
  • Selenity said:

<Dentist stuff>

I haven't been to a dentist in over a year. I gave up finding one that was taken on new clients after I moved. I however can't make a new appointment right away because I have been slacking about brushing properly so of course my gums now bleed when you look at them funny. I have no pain or anything but I know I will get a whole world of bitching about that if I don't fix that up first. Time to hammer proper brushing twice a day back into my routine.

And that sucks for you Selenity. My mom had a friend though who got dentures at a very early age because of repeating problems that gave her massive dentist bills. She was very happy with it and nobody ever noticed or knew. Considering what tech is available these days, might be a good solution for you.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:

Selenity said:

<Dentist stuff>

I haven't been to a dentist in over a year. I gave up finding one that was taken on new clients after I moved. I however can't make a new appointment right away because I have been slacking about brushing properly so of course my gums now bleed when you look at them funny. I have no pain or anything but I know I will get a whole world of bitching about that if I don't fix that up first. Time to hammer proper brushing twice a day back into my routine.

Sounds like a great time to go to the dentist... get a jump start on your resolution to get back to it. Its just words, and if there are problems, it'd be good to find out sooner rather than later.
  • I realized, as part of a school assignment today, that I have roughly 8-12 hours of social contact a week, most of it concentrated during the weekends.
  • edited January 2019
    -
  • so i do my best to get myself sick for war so I don't have to go on my family disneyland trip (living in southern california, i have been *twenty fucking times so far*, and ti does not change much), family is pissed off i'm not coming, and does something they havn't done for five fucking years - 'well if you're too sick to come you're too sick to be on that damn computer you're on all day' and they TOOK MY FUCKING ROUTER POWER CORD TO DISNEYLAND AND TOOK THE CAR. commence the most boring-ass day. fuck.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    When I was a kid, I had a backup power cord to everything hidden away. Other vital cables too, I didn't play that game.
  • In college, I had a roommate that was a few years younger than me...maybe 19 or 20.  His parents would sometimes come and confiscate his ipod and his computer.  

Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:

In college, I had a roommate that was a few years younger than me...maybe 19 or 20.  His parents would sometimes come and confiscate his ipod and his computer.  

Wait, how was he supposed to do schoolwork without a computer?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sounds like he may not have been doing it anyway...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • camberre
  • Aerotan said:

Stangmar said:

In college, I had a roommate that was a few years younger than me...maybe 19 or 20.  His parents would sometimes come and confiscate his ipod and his computer.  

He wasn't a student.  This was an off-campus house that we rented rooms in.  He was there because his parents wanted him to experience being out on his own.  He had a job at a local store.  He was a bit socially challenged.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I got home an hour ago, but I only just got in and started to warm up because I had to clear my drive way first (shovel in the trunk was a very, very good idea).

The snow had drifted as high as my waist in some spots.

Chances are once I've had some time to recuperate, I better get out and deal with the drifting on the west roof with the snow barber - it looks almost as deep as it was in the drive and making me nervous.

Once this blizzard is over, I'll be done with snow for this winter, kthx.

• LAPTOP WHY DO YOU RANDOMLY KICK ME OFF AND MAKE ME LOSE XP!
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • It knows what you do outside of Lusternia.
  • It knows I don't use it except for Lusternia. It's demanding more quality time.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Stangmar said:

Aerotan said:

Stangmar said:

He wasn't a student.  This was an off-campus house that we rented rooms in.  He was there because his parents wanted him to experience being out on his own.  He had a job at a local store.  He was a bit socially challenged.  
    Well with parents like that, no wonder. Damn.
  • Yeah.  He also couldn't drive because his parents chose not to let him learn when he was 16.  He'll be dependent on a bike and rides from friends for the rest of his life I believe.  And public transpo is nearly non-existent in that city.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I feel his pain there >_> my parents even admitted that I wasn't given a chance to learn to drive because they were afraid of how I'd drive.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I wish more parents in the Las Vegas area were like your parents.  It would make my commutes far less harrowing.