Ascension 2015

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Well, luck comes into play. I kind of got random emergency events on both previous Sundays and didn't get to compete in Nature or Harmony. So I guess... tough?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Oh if it comes down to it, I can just be late for the super bowl, but I would rather not explain that I was busy threepeating in a text game.

But I figure I should try!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    War was completed in a day the past two years so this year should be no different!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited January 2015
    Several small things occurring during these ascensions makes me wonder if it is new ideas being implemented for test runs or if it is simply a new patron in charge of it. For example, I was rather surprised when one of the events, Justice in this case, was actually held off for a time because a revolt occurred, and was stated would be started 10 mins after it finished.. Usually we'd find the admin capitalize on this, if not at times making a revolt occur -during- a seal event, just to cause chaos and mixed feelings of duty.
  • I have a basketball game on Saturday :/
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Several small things occurring during these ascensions makes me wonder if it is new ideas being implemented for test runs or if it is simply a new patron in charge of it. For example, I was rather surprised when one of the events, Justice in this case, was actually held off for a time because a revolt occurred, and was stated would be started 10 mins after it finished.. Usually we'd find the admin capitalize on this, if not at times making a revolt occur -during- a seal event, just to cause chaos and mixed feelings of duty.
    Interesting future sense there. Justice is still two weeks away. How do you know it was held off for a revolt?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Because Harmony was.
  • Yep, meant Harmony
  • Wish War seal wasnt scheduled over the entire weekend. So dull :/
    Are envoy reports going in before the war event tomorrow
  • edited January 2015
    Any that might affect your team will be loaded up mid-fight.

(No, they won't be in until at least after War.)
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    edited January 2015
    :(

Getting pretty amped now. Let's go.
    Are we using the same bracket page we've used in years past?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Red Member Kregarn has been slain in the Klangratch Tournies by Orange Member Vadi.
    The beastly snarls of jaguars and wolverines echo like fanfare, preceding the entrance of Kregarn
    from the ether.
    The Red Team has been annihilated!
    Shuyin has entered the area.
    Her body suddenly blazing a fiery red, Battalia crouches low and snarls viciously at Shuyin as he
    enters.
    Darkness suffocates the room as a hallowed alphyn snarls at Shuyin.
    The Orange Team has 2 members left.
    Her body suddenly blazing a fiery red, Battalia crouches low and snarls viciously at Vadi as he
    enters.
    The Orange Team has 1 members left.
    Synkarin, riding a shadow wyvern, enters from the ether, emanating an aura of immense power.
    Synkarin has entered the area.
    Her body suddenly blazing a fiery red, Battalia crouches low and snarls viciously at Synkarin as he
    enters.
    Darkness suffocates the room as a hallowed alphyn snarls at Synkarin.
    The song that Synkarin was performing fades away.
    The Orange Team has been annihilated!
    The Orange Team is victorious in the Wargames in the Klangratch Tournies!

Hm... after seeing that, Jaamil's glad he didn't participate in that. No true ascendant teaming next ascension please. (Can call it hating or whatever you want, but that was just unfair/boring/destruction overpower stacking with pyromeld lol.)

Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
    Lol
  • It's like, as soon as it started, Azula was dead. Wonder if it was an Empress?

Either way...

I'd love for TAs to participate in everything EXCEPT War. If they win a challenge, the Seal goes to 2nd place and they get credits. Unless 2nd is another TA, so on and so forth.

Lol again.

Only if VA's are banned too. There's no difference there when it comes to combat.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shoutcasting these is fun! I wish I could spectate the arena more fully, though. Maybe next year, @Estarra? ::::D
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I don't get why people believe being TA has anything to do with people getting steamrolled immediately. This is very much possible with other setups, so it's news to me if this capability suddenly became exclusive to just TAs.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It was a tarot + Illum smackdown. Immediate aeon, presumably lust to stop any runs, smacksmacksmackdead.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    They've been practising like mad in the Pyrodome, though.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    TAs are extremely likely to be very skilled and very artied (else, how did they get TA in the first place), as well as having choice amounts of weight to throw into whatever they want. By removing them from the pool, you shave off that top 1% of skill/privilege/power and make it fairer for others that want to be involved.

EDIT: I mean, I think that caveat is pretty simple to wrap one's head around. Any arguments against it would be pretty lolworthy. I'd bet real money that Vadi wins War for the third(?) time in a row.

EDIT 2: For Synkarin, because my train of thought splits often.

edited January 2015
    how do you become a War TA without winning War? 

I think the 'punish you for being too good' is a pretty poor way to go about it. War's the only event we can participate in and win credits (500 if we win) where people like Kelly, Malarious, and others have won multiple seals and have placed multiple times, winning far more. 

Vadi's only one War once before. Still the argument holds, you're trying to punish people who have succeeded where people who fail, get to keep on winning. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • That's why I said every Seal challenge except War, buddy.

edited January 2015
    It's pretty ridiculous in my head for Avechna to say "no, you've done your part, True Ascendant x(-in), you may not participate" but for War he's like "oh sure please carry whomever you want to victory that's totally fair".

EDIT: Either way, this is just Ascension talk. The admin never really seem to care about this concern, even though it's been raised every single Ascension.

• Except it's not punishing people who succeed, because it's teams of 3. If Vadi were really so good, it wouldn't be punishing him to play on a team without True Ascendants. Because he can hold his own, right? Success shouldn't be measured by people who have ALREADY SUCCEEDED and achieved the means to SUCCEED EVEN MORE SUBSEQUENTLY but rather by teams that have not yet had the chance to test their mettle.

edited January 2015
    Maligorn said:

That's why I said every Seal challenge except War, buddy.

So let me get this straight

Because you don't want to improve and get better, so you lock out people better than you so you have an easier time to win?

Edit: War's the one event I really enjoy and look forward too. I've competed in it with varying degrees of success every year since I started playing. This is why I play Lusternia and you want to take it away from me because you don't think it's "fair" to have to beat me.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited January 2015
    That's ridiculous. I can practice 100 times in the arena but unless you guys stoop down and let us practice versus you yourselves, that isn't a reality.

Yes, I am saying that TAs should be banned so that everyone overall, in all orgs, have a -more likely and fair- chance to win. In case you haven't noticed, Serenwilde, Celest and Hallifax don't have delicious TAs to add to their teams. No, I don't count Ilyarin.

Put succinctly,

no shit, we know all TAs are badasses in their own way and can and will turn the tide in fights. Make way for the VAs and other Demigods and let them duke it out on their terms.

Why is it suddenly an automatic win for us now, while flattering, I think a lot of you guys downplay the work we put in. If you guys feel that we carry anyone we want, maybe you guys should just get better than us. Let's not lie, if we've been winning for 2+ years now, our tactics aren't exactly super secret.

And there's no contradiction when it comes to Avechna. We can help everyone win a seal, but we can't win one ourselves. All the rules reflect this.
    So, because we beat Seren/Celest/Halli for TA in the past, they should get a free pass past us on to the future?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.