Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I thought you were talking about Elder Tae and was very confused.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    If what Xenthos said is true and Mag isn't using Crusade, then yeah, they're really shooting themselves in the foot. Especially if all the opposing orgs are using crusade, and especially if they have positive feelings to couple with it!

DID YOU KNOW - In a peaced revolt, all influencing is affected as though crusade is up? This is part of what actually makes peaced revolts take so long - a village is only won when a certain threshold of points is reached, and even then you must have a certain lead over all the other orgs. If everyone is getting crusade levels of points from their influencing, it is easier for the point levels to keep even. So in a violent revolt, crusade is doubly important to establish you are performing at your most efficient, to the point where sanctuary is really kind of pointless.

I can't count the number of times I've had to badger at people to crusade, city mates and allies alike. I've definitely seen Seren lose Ptoma because the few people they had weren't crusading and didn't know they should until we showed up to help and I lectured. Sometimes that's -all- I talk about on the city/alliance aethers, to the point of annoying people. It's just that essential.

I'd also like to point out that 3 minute sweeps in unopposed villages were a thing prior, and a few even clocked in at 2 minutes. The only significant change that was made was that all mobs were forced to be in a state of "indecision" at the start, on random timers. If those timers expire quickly, a sweep in a single round of influencing is still very, very possible. Getting those early influences in (with crusade) is often the most important part of a revolt.

• Sorry I couldn't be there for it, had to work. I know it's rough when literally every body around counts.

The mobbing will pass though, don't worry about it. Until then, we just need to make our current friends scarier while we wait for things get rolling again. :P
  • edited February 2015
    Yo it's about that time
    To bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme
    I'm a get mine so get yours
    I wanna see sweat comin' out your pores
    On the house tip is how I'm swinging this
    Strictly hip hop boy I ain't singing this
    Bringing this to the entire nation
    Black, white, red, brown
    Feel the vibration

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So sad I couldn't finish anything for Beauty because life happened. :S I have designs 3/4 done, but the cartels I handle could definitely do with more designs.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:

So sad I couldn't finish anything for Beauty because life happened. :S I have designs 3/4 done, but the cartels I handle could definitely do with more designs.

Another push for beauty to be decided at/near the beginning. People have almost a whole year to prepare so why keep it last? It is the one seal arguably everyone can try for.
  • Speaking of Beauty, does anyone know what happens if one person takes two spots on different characters? For instance, if voting came down and Subotai made the perfect shortstack for first place, but Pesukaru submitted a beautiful violin that would have earned third place, what would the final ruling look like?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Aerotan said:

Speaking of Beauty, does anyone know what happens if one person takes two spots on different characters? For instance, if voting came down and Subotai made the perfect shortstack for first place, but Pesukaru submitted a beautiful violin that would have earned third place, what would the final ruling look like?

Nothing special? A character can't have more than one seal in the same Ascension event. It doesn't specify anything in regards to alts. Then again, bardic/artisanals you only receive the highest spot you might have gotten for that month, everything else is automatically removed, so it could be that. Either way, it not being a transparent process... why does it matter? At most we can speculate, but my personal opinion is... only one character, the one with the highest reward, will get their prize.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    While I am also curious about this, I don't believe the Charites have ever really mentioned how this would work. I'm guessing that both characters would get their prizes because it's the characters being rewarded, not the player.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I would actually be disappointed to learn that the characters are ignored over the players in Beauty. There's nothing stopping someone winning, say, nature, then also winning death on a completely different character. (Except maybe that it's harder to be so invested and competitive on more that one character, arguably.)

I was also under the presumption that it's a blind judging - the designs are judged without mention of the designer. I also presume that's why the Charites shut down Eritheyl's thread for beauty designs, as it would circumvent the blind judging by having those judges see some designs and put names to them.

Lavinya said:

I would actually be disappointed to learn that the characters are ignored over the players in Beauty. There's nothing stopping someone winning, say, nature, then also winning death on a completely different character. (Except maybe that it's harder to be so invested and competitive on more that one character, arguably.)

I was also under the presumption that it's a blind judging - the designs are judged without mention of the designer. I also presume that's why the Charites shut down Eritheyl's thread for beauty designs, as it would circumvent the blind judging by having those judges see some designs and put names to them.

Right, but it's not like they can't give a list of 15 names that can then be checked by Esty to make sure it's not the same person getting all five prizes either.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Quality and quantity, eh? Still, I'm more curious because of the point @Elanorwen mentioned of the Bardics/Artisinals, and the fact that the admin have, in the past, made a point of pointing out that someone would have placed in both if they had been allowed to. 

I'm pretty sure none of my non-public alts had anything submitted this year that would have placed, so it's mostly just curiosity on my part. (the other concern might have been a post like "honourable mention to a left-handed sabre. The design, while both elegant and clever, is unable to receive an award thanks to its designer having already placed.")
    If it's any consolation, I only submitted five designs for myself and three for other people this year. I think. :chin:
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So you'll be taking second, third, and seventh, with some honourable mentions, got it coach!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It grates on me terribly every time I see the open, obvious nepotism going on, when it was the d'Murani who were publically accused of it just because we held a few council seats, but we don't do any of these things! Grumble grumble gripe gripe (I am still so devastated about that post Marcella, I think it has scarred me for life.)

• publishing causes untrapped errors and i have half a dozen books sitting in backlog PANIC
  • I'm tempted to reply with just an insulting term whenever someone calls Ventidius 'a child' or 'bionic boy' (Unless it's @Marcella)
    He is tired of your shit.
    Ventidius said:

I'm tempted to reply with just an insulting term whenever someone calls Ventidius 'a child' or 'bionic boy' (Unless it's @Marcella)
    -snip-
    He is 28 years old, having been born on the 14th of Tzarin, 376 years after the Coming of Estarra.

'nuff said. Also.... don't act like a child and randomly insult people you have never interacted with, you won't get called one, yes?

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Define irony
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited February 2015
    Kalnid said:

publishing causes untrapped errors and i have half a dozen books sitting in backlog PANIC

It's been doing that since the library log released. Hallifax gets it too, I just have trouble remembering to not publish until it gets fixed.

EDIT: And of course right after I post this I log on to find that the bug is tagged as resolved.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited February 2015
    Shuyin said:

Define irony

Minor difference being I haven't started complaining about people calling me anything when I snap at them eh?

EDIT: There's also the part where even if it's just trying to murder each other, I tend to interact with people I speak to, whereas someone that I have not once run into trying to insult me is a different matter altogether, and hey... all he got back was being labeled a child IC-ly. Big whoopty do.

• On second thought, I hate questing.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited February 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Ventidius said:

I'm tempted to reply with just an insulting term whenever someone calls Ventidius 'a child' or 'bionic boy' (Unless it's @Marcella)
    -snip-
    He is 28 years old, having been born on the 14th of Tzarin, 376 years after the Coming of Estarra.

'nuff said. Also.... don't act like a child and randomly insult people you have never interacted with, you won't get called one, yes?
    Heh.

1. You need to get a sense of humour, you know that? I do it for the timing.
    2. You have no clue what I was referring to. Nobody cares what someone like you calls me, and I certainly don't because I'm just superior to you.

Maybe people would end up liking and even respecting you (Doubtfully) if you didn't spam issues, complain about everything, and come off as a bad loser -every single time-.  No high ground for you.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    @Arcanis is getting to you, Ventidius. Tone down that arrogance prx

Also, don't believe what everyone tells you

This discussion has been closed.