Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    All this juicy drama and yet I can't log on to play yet. :S I will have to settle for the IRE toolbar and the forums for sweet, sweet drama.

In the meantime, I have updated 4 guild scrolls today. 4 things off of my list! I'm so pumped! :pompoms:
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited February 2015
    I haven't told anyone about this, because I was rather upset about the whole thing, but I actually had mapped out nearly all of Lusternia's pathways, and was going to start up a 'Pathfinder Society' type clan with help scrolls listing the networks, for young trackers and ecologists to help them get the best use out of the Hunting skillset. Was intended as a sort of 'pay-it-forward' in thanks to whomever it was who set up the old mystic pathways that gave me access to all the trill camps and the cloud maelstrom, which were the places I influenced constantly from about level 97 to demigod. I thought it would be really nice if someone could follow in my footsteps.

But apparently me doing nice things for people is not allowed, especially those who are newer players than me, and much of the network is now gone. But it's fine, because I am now playing a fink monk that doesn't influence or use pathways, so no one can upset me by destroying them anymore.

EDIT: This is not me attempting to bash Arcanis or anything. I just wanted to set the idea free, in case someone else decided to take it up, because I won't be doing it now.

• Lerad said:

Arcanis said:

As for the whole pathways thing. Im not sure what the gripe is about the pathways to the trill camps being removed. Are people really that lazy to not rockclimb a few steps to get to them? Which by the way WAS in their original design to begin with, and pathways were just a cheat to get there with a press of the button. Honestly it seems the most that are complaining about those pathways being removed are those that didnt have mountaineering to begin with and were circumventing around it (Mostly the newbies sent by Qistrel no doubt). Tough beans...l2Scale or go ahead and make 4+ rifts to these 'unreachable' camps.

Pray tell, how did you know that was the "original design"? Did you perhaps make the area? Or did the builder of that area complain to you about how people are "circumventing" the mechanic they so painstakingly thought up and implemented? Did I miss a notice that you have somehow, ICly or OOCly claimed that area as your own?

.....because they were placed up in the mountains that required mountain climbing to get to...? Cant be more obvious than that.

Lerad said:

Arcanis said:

As for the whole pathways thing. Im not sure what the gripe is about the pathways to the trill camps being removed. Are people really that lazy to not rockclimb a few steps to get to them? Which by the way WAS in their original design to begin with, and pathways were just a cheat to get there with a press of the button. Honestly it seems the most that are complaining about those pathways being removed are those that didnt have mountaineering to begin with and were circumventing around it (Mostly the newbies sent by Qistrel no doubt). Tough beans...l2Scale or go ahead and make 4+ rifts to these 'unreachable' camps.

Your arrogance and hubris is stunning. I have to tip my hat off to you, Arcanis. Good job, because you've left me speechless. This is the first paragraph outside of academic essays I've had to re-read so many times in order to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding.

Dont seem so speechless from here.

No, the sending of newbies to high tier areas was not the only reason for their removal, but once again I have no need or requirement to explain my actions. I will carry on my merry way.
  • By your logic, pathways having the possibility of existing in these rockclimb-villages means that it is appropriate for any lowbie to demigod+ to access the camps.

I don't care what you do, as long as you actually own up to being a douchebag instead of trying to justify it with flimsy garbage like that.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hey, here's an idea. Let's -NOT- get Tweets closed again with the mean namecalling and mudslinging over and over again? I mean, it's possible, right?

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited February 2015
    Edit:

As Tremula says, I'll start a new thread about this instead.

• i finally got my first IC letter about this
  • edited February 2015
    Tomorrow is mah birthday!  I will be 25!  \o/

You know what the best birthday present in the whole wide Lusternia world would be?

@Maylea returning from wherever She has been hiding Herself. :(  I MISS YOU!

But I will gratefully accept the smaller, yet still fantastic present, of a random hug.  Whoever you are, random person, please give me a hug in game!  It would be a lovely birthday present!

And if I get no hugs, at least I have cake! :D
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    All right, this whole rift nonsense is going too far. I'm fixing part of the problem, and Nil will have no wrath like mine if a certain someone takes them down again.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • If I could quote something,

PUBLIC NEWS #1683
    Date: 2/7/2015 at 21:47
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Crystal Meadows II

You now have no one to blame but yourselves.

Penned by my hand on the 7th of Roarkian, in the year 404 CE.

• edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

If I could quote something,

PUBLIC NEWS #1683
    Date: 2/7/2015 at 21:47
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Crystal Meadows II

You now have no one to blame but yourselves.

Penned by my hand on the 7th of Roarkian, in the year 404 CE.

Swing a miss. Why, dear Maligorn, is it she posted that to begin with..?

• Because it was in response to Taevyn unraveling Mag rifts...because you were using them to get to Icewynd to defile Terentia shrines...because you've been destroying pathways...because Mag making an ultimatum like that is going to be a. laughed at and b. rile everyone up into raid and absolve mode.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Nothing unifies more than people acting superior and making demands. Look at Caerlyr and Glomdoring, for example. Or Celest when it was pounding Magnagora into the ground last year and being smug about it.

• Maligorn said:

Because it was in response to Taevyn unraveling Mag rifts...because you were using them to get to Icewynd to defile Terentia shrines...because you've been destroying pathways...because Mag making an ultimatum like that is going to be a. laughed at and b. rile everyone up into raid and absolve mode.

Yeah it's totally all Magnagora's fault. /sarcasm

You can just not put shrines in hard to reach places, or perhaps don't destroy one rift which benefits many just because you don't like what one person is using is for. Rifts don't defile shrines, people do. Once again, arrogance rears up behind delusional self-entitlement and selfishness.

Life isn't fair. Deal with it. The rest of us do.

• Haha.

Ahahahaha.

edited February 2015
    Mag wants rifts for newbies to go up to Earth and Nil if they're Cacos/ur'gies/ninjas and expects nobody to touch them while also being generally vile in diplomacy
    Ventidius said:

arrogance rears up behind delusional self-entitlement and selfishness.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ya'll motherjugglers need Crumkane.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Did somebody say Bloodfaire a few posts back? I hope that you will sell tickets that include the price of a temporary amnesty.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • It's a nice feeling when someone gets really excited for something you made. Especially when they don't know you did it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2015
    I resent the implications that all Magnagorans are bad at diplomacy. Marcella has always been awful at politics and diplomacy and has often required being talked down by council in the past because she is hotheaded....but then I remember she actually represents us and can get away with that bullshit now and I quietly weep in my private corner of decorum and good breeding.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lavinya said:

good breeding.

ohohohohohohohohohoho
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I didn't mean literally. I completely undermined my entire post with that remark, woe.

• A bright light surrounds your spirit as it floats unfettered from your body. You see an image of Saoirse as though through a long corridor. Quickly, you fly towards her, feeling a new body knit itself around you until you are reborn into the world of flesh and blood.

1h, 7271m, 6120e, 10p Belrx (xhspfwb - PAUSED!) (+1h)<22:38:13.005>

<<Oh, this was nice.>>

A sadistic mitran slams one end of a baseless scale into you.
    You have been slain by a sadistic mitran.
    0h, 7271m, 6120e, 10p Belrx (xhspfwb - PAUSED!) (-50000exp)<22:38:13.931>

<<Or maybe I will just have bad luck and not have time to even recast windwalk and fly>>
  • Okay, I can take back what I said.

What I meant to say is that people with an actual cool head on their shoulders are either very quiet or repressed by the overwhelming stench of testosterone in Magnagora.

• Maligorn said:

Okay, I can take back what I said.

What I meant to say is that people with an actual cool head on their shoulders are either very quiet or repressed by the overwhelming stench of testosterone in Magnagora.

What about those with cool heads and a heady testosterone aura to boot?
    edited February 2015
    I think a testosterone aura is just havoc cry, but I guess I'd lump them in as Bruce Banner types.

E.g. they're quiet but efficient and discreet murderlizers.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am so confused as how people can come to conclusions like these.

I think someone needs to take a break on the forum RP and focus on things within their own control before it continues to devolve to blanket statements insulting 1/6th of the population.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:

I am so confused as how people can come to conclusions like these.

I think someone needs to take a break on the forum RP and focus on things within their own control before it continues to devolve to blanket statements insulting 1/6th of the population.

(If you're still not getting it, I'm saying the shitty part of Mag is the loudest and it's reflecting for everyone to see regardless of what everyone else is like there. Sorry not sorry for putting pressure on you OOC via forums to change that.)

This discussion has been closed.