Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    When we first farscouted for Knowledge, it was something like

Vadi, Cauthorn, Camberre, Marcella, Silvanus, Arcanis, Munsia, Lavinya, maybe Viynain? It was a longer list. And it had 3 melders to our -zero-.

• I'mpretty sure Viynain is a capable fighter, unless he just wasn't interested, but also, you and Feyda. Which goes without saying, interest in conflict was there, but it's been a snorefest :(
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm guessing this was an instance where everyone we were expecting to show was afk and/or not on a comp they could fight on (missing proper triggers and all). And it most likely tapered off severely from when we started.
  • Of all of those, Lavinya and I were the only ones around. And Lavinya's half-afk.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Camberre showed up to take a blessing from the Urlach Throne and thank us with a rofl emote just like fifteen minutes prior! Oh well.
  • Camberre was also using his phone, on the phone client, from his workplace, and is now on his commute home. =-/
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's really no one's fault that people are just not around (or sometimes not even in the mood I guess) at times when the others are raring to go. I know weekends are bad for me, too many people not at school or work demanding I actually pay attention to them and feed them and stuff.

• I popped in during the last five minutes of Knowledge. By the time I showed up, pretty sure it was only Viy and I around from Gaudi.

While I'm willing to try an absolve defense (and hop into uneven/ridiculous fights quite often), our five or so vs a bunch in a fort, just gotta let it pass (though I've always hated absolve defense anyway, no matter who shows up). Also gotta think about the scariness of the people on your farscout, not just the headcount.

Anyway, we'll just crush for the domoths when they open/are challenged later. It's never too late for conflict, that's just one fight that passed. We'll catch you guys later for sure.

If you're looking for fights, you can always come raid us. Don't even have to bring your whole city, just two or three, whatever. I know I don't call out to our allies if it's something I think we can handle ourselves.

But man, if you -really- want some conflict, we can definitely start being more offensive. I know we've sort of been slacking as of late, but a starting a few good fights could probably change the mood a bit. @Shuyin has been teaching me the way of hate-filled vengeance for a few months now, guess it's time to start putting those lessons to use. /forumrp
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Marcella's probably bitter that she didn't get to absolve me. Also, I don't do petty. I was wondering just how far Marcella's head would blow if Glomdoring claimed Death. It would have been neat! Alas, I will have to be content to deny Magnagora power and buffs, during the biggest competition of the year.
  • edited February 2015
    I am extremely bitter that I did not get to absolve you. I was looking forward to meaningful vengeance for the fucktons of demigod-claims that I've spent hours doing to just get absolved and absolved repeatedly by you.
  • (too bad you guys wasted power raising Munsia as a VA and now only have Silvanus to rely on, barring a rare Akyaevin appearance huh)

• Started my full body tattoo design for the Lord Crum Crums last night.... I hope I can design it as awesome as it looks in my imagination
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

(too bad you guys wasted power raising Munsia as a VA and now only have Silvanus to rely on, barring a rare Akyaevin appearance huh)

Really? Are we being that snarky?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited February 2015
    We actually have the power to raise TWO VAs, we've just been waiting on Bloodfaire until after ascension due to all of the work involved.

Also raising Munsia as VA gave us a fuckton more demigods thanks to aegis and the astral XP fountain. That was the intention the entire time. Munsia hates domothing.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I am so angry arhfhhgatfgharghhhh
  • I don't think it's appropriate to gripe about demigod claims when Magnagora has been mismanaging and mistreating its VAs and power these past few months, yeah. But I'll tone it down, I am being pretty bitchy tonight.

We've had full council approval to raise two VAs for a long time now. It just keeps getting delayed because we wanted to have a proper celebration for it, then there has been a change in leadership and naturally some doubt surrounding it as to whether plans will change etc etc. We're not mistreating any of our VAs! I think mistreatment is more harassing them for not being present when a fight went down as I've heard has happened to a certain very very hardworking and devoted southern VA recently.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:

Maligorn said:

(too bad you guys wasted power raising Munsia as a VA and now only have Silvanus to rely on, barring a rare Akyaevin appearance huh)

Really? Are we being that snarky?
    You must be new.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Come to Gaudi if you want to be VA! We have pamphlets and butter tear platters.

We're also less angsty, more rage inducing, and our fights are often more chill and outnumbered!
  • What kind of pamphlets.

Also, having been over there, Feyda is like the Vivet of Gaudiguch. I do hope people aren't giving her flak.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    pretty sure Shuyin and I have flak covered in Gaudi

I mean that's why you guys absolved when we weren't around, don't want us participating because we're tooooo good amirite?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • too good at not being around at normal hours!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm around at all my normal hours

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited February 2015
    Silly americans. The southern alliance works nights or lives in australia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shuyin said:

We're also less angsty, more rage inducing, and our fights are often more chill and outnumbered!

I've technically also got sour grape platters for people who secretly want our skills but outwardly despise us.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:

Shuyin said:

I've technically also got sour grape platters for people who secretly want our skills but outwardly despise us.
    Oh, oh, oh. That's me!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'll take three!
  • edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

Shaddus said:

Maligorn said:

Marcella said:

Usually I find absolving domoths to be pointless. All of these current absolves are actually absolves vs the lowest ranks which knock people out, which is the only one worth doing.

At least it isn't all of that petty fucking absolves where Kelly kept absolving my crown/orb for no reason. If it was sceptre I would understand..
    It's not just the knocking out, it's the pushing of guild and city buffs out of your hands. Death crown and death orb are pretty potent!
    I'm pretty sure one of these absolve just debuffed faelings, and that's all.
    It was deliberate to start with Knowledge, since we weren't sure how the fight was going to break out.

It didn't.

Funny...considering the 5+ farscouts that occurred during the timeframe as your alliance continously was checking until our numbers became less in order to begin these absolves...im not sure why you would "assume a fight would break out". We've come to acknowledge your tactic of waiting for our players to log out and continue their lives whilst you all wait and hoard your own in an attempt to have overwhelming numbers, we simply adjust with it.

----

As for the whole pathways thing. Im not sure what the gripe is about the pathways to the trill camps being removed. Are people really that lazy to not rockclimb a few steps to get to them? Which by the way WAS in their original design to begin with, and pathways were just a cheat to get there with a press of the button. Honestly it seems the most that are complaining about those pathways being removed are those that didnt have mountaineering to begin with and were circumventing around it (Mostly the newbies sent by Qistrel no doubt). Tough beans...l2Scale or go ahead and make 4+ rifts to these 'unreachable' camps.
    For someone who was very vocally upset about any 'secret' exits to access areas, I'm surprised you're taking this stance over areas only available with a particular skill, that were made a little easier for people with a different skill or artifact.

This discussion has been closed.