Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:

What, anyone can remove a pathway as long as they can unravel in Planar

and they can see the pathway

This has always been the case
    Hasn't it always been the case as long as they can unravel in Planar and can "naturally" see the pathway? As in... no boots of the wanderer unraveling. At least that's the reports I'm hearing from other sources.

I don't get why the planar skill is being used for this, either. What's next, if we get two people with boots and planar skill on the same terrain and they try to gateweave, they'll make a mystic pathway? Never mind that the message when you start to unravel it clearly states unraveling planar gate, not mystic pathway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Maligorn said:

Arcanis, if it's you unraveling pathways, please stop.

Sincerely, the rest of the Basin.

Dearest @Maligorn,

I was handed your letter of request this morning as I enjoyed my crumpet and tea. I do apologize for the inconvenience my shenanigans seems to have caused you, and hope you understand that they in no way were meant to draw your ire. As to the case in hand, I must regretfully decline as it seems said pathways gave some leeway to certain individuals that I simply saw as an inconvenience to my work. Not to mention the agitation I received when I learned novices from that miserable Serenwilde forest were being purposely sent to these trills camps, rather than hunt in more appropriate locations (even after several warnings on my part im afraid).

Never fear however, as im sure after all this tentacular ascension business is over, that I will allow some leeway on the matter. I'll have my people contact your people.

Sincerely;
    Arcanis
    Head of Slaay co.
  • Whoa bro, the condescension is real even if "meant to be" satirical. I don't give a fuck if you unravel pathways; I don't use them. Everyone else seems to like them though.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Hasn't it always been the case as long as they can unravel in Planar and can "naturally" see the pathway? As in... no boots of the wanderer unraveling. At least that's the reports I'm hearing from other sources.

I don't get why the planar skill is being used for this, either. What's next, if we get two people with boots and planar skill on the same terrain and they try to gateweave, they'll make a mystic pathway? Never mind that the message when you start to unravel it clearly states unraveling planar gate, not mystic pathway.
    People with boots of the wanderer have always been able to unravel, the boots pretty much replicate the skill. This has always been the case as far as I'm aware. I don't know what your other sources are, but people in general haven't gone out of their way to remove pathways at large to this extent before, so it really hasn't been an issue. 

I can't comment on Planar or it's use. I'm just saying this is the way it's always been, maybe it's some bug that's just been assumed to be a feature, but I'd prefer more access to removing them, than adding them (though I wouldn't mind more people adding them, if I could, I'd help @Enyalida replace them all too). This cuts down on people slipping in pathways where they shouldn't be, since removing them is much easier. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

Arcanis, if it's you unraveling pathways, please stop.

Sincerely, the rest of the Basin.

Dearest @Maligorn,

I was handed your letter of request this morning as I enjoyed my crumpet and tea. I do apologize for the inconvenience my shenanigans seems to have caused you, and hope you understand that they in no way were meant to draw your ire. As to the case in hand, I must regretfully decline as it seems said pathways gave some leeway to certain individuals that I simply saw as an inconvenience to my work. Not to mention the agitation I received when I learned novices from that miserable Serenwilde forest were being purposely sent to these trills camps, rather than hunt in more appropriate locations (even after several warnings on my part im afraid).

Never fear however, as im sure after all this tentacular ascension business is over, that I will allow some leeway on the matter. I'll have my people contact your people.

Sincerely;
    Arcanis
    Head of Slaay co.
    I do hope that means you plan to go eco and reforge them later? No? Alright then... we shall have to look into solving this particular conundrum in another fashion.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Synkarin said:

It's my fault for telling her the wrong thing... It used to be that people could unravel without being able to see them, they just had to know a pathway was there. This was changed to be just people who could see them, which at the time was only ecologists and trackers (pre-boots).

I do dislike that the boots allow you to destroy them. They don't need this functionality to be an outstanding artifact.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm going to start keeping a list of artifacts that cause huge problems, but will never go away because $$$.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Your list will only make you more bitter as time goes on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Keep unravelling them, maybe eventually, someone will try to diplomatically resolve an issue ICly instead of crying about it for months.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Maybe everyone is waiting for Mag to get off its pretty pink cushion and punish the perpetrator. Maybe everyone expects Magnagora to be more aware of its citizens' activities.

Maybe you're actually responsible for your own people? What a strange thought.

edited February 2015
    Your design #22421 of a delicious platter of popcorn covered in buttery tears was approved.

I knew I made this for some reason.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Silvanus said:

Keep unravelling them, maybe eventually, someone will try to diplomatically resolve an issue ICly instead of crying about it for months.

So, I did actually ask Arcanis to help find ecologists to replace the paths, during the Rikenfriez revolt. His response was something like, "let me think about it...no."

I've also been trying to hunt down ecologists for the past few days... the frustration of failing to find any, or the sentiment among those that are found that he will only do it again, is what burbles out in forums-venting.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

• (No one will take you seriously if you don't take any responsibility in your citizens' actions. That's probably why you got usurped by a Serf.)

HELP MAGNAGORA

HELP GEOMANCERS

Oh, Arcanis isn't listed as a leader in either of those things. Maybe MAYBE MAYBE the leaders of Magnagora is interested in signing a treaty preventing Arc from destroying pathways as long as the rifts on Earth/Nil/Crystal Meadows isn't destroyed.

But of course, no one will ever know that because no one has even attempted once.

(And I doubt they would, because your bitter salty tears are so delicious).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:

Of course, to approach anything IC-ly... one does need to be aware of the perpetrator IC-ly. Bit of a tricky situation, see. But hey, if you want to RP based on OOC information... like you do.... go on ahead. I won't.

• Actually, I doubt that since Marcella and Arcanis are buddy-buddies. Maybe, maybe people actually expect Magnagora to be a big boy and take care of its own internal problems. Argument's going in circles now, so I'll leave you with that charming clarinet boy.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Silvanus said:

There is no law preventing the unravelling of pathways, just as there is no law against the people that destroy our rifts all the time.

Maybe, just maybe, you can approach the matter ICly with some politeness and tactfulness instead of the consistent whining on the forums over this topic. I was Warlord for 8 real life months and I never heard a single peep.

Nothing will ever change if those that are impacted by it don't do anything about it.

The only reason to even bring this topic to the forums multiple times is to either get OOC public support to pressure someone to do what you believe is "right," or, because you sense public perception is against it and you are farming for agrees/likes, which seems almost as stupid as bitching about a topic for over 6 months and not doing a single thing about it.

Because it's possible to find out IC who is unravelling stuff if they don't feel like declaring it.
  • (Also remember that I said IF it's Arcanis doing the unraveling.

Your staunch defense of him does indicate that it is such, but I'm not going to bring this OOC information IC. Sorry not sorry)

Silvanus said:

There is no law preventing the unravelling of pathways, just as there is no law against the people that destroy our rifts all the time.

Maybe, just maybe, you can approach the matter ICly with some politeness and tactfulness instead of the consistent whining on the forums over this topic. I was Warlord for 8 real life months and I never heard a single peep.

Nothing will ever change if those that are impacted by it don't do anything about it.

The only reason to even bring this topic to the forums multiple times is to either get OOC public support to pressure someone to do what you believe is "right," or, because you sense public perception is against it and you are farming for agrees/likes, which seems almost as stupid as bitching about a topic for over 6 months and not doing a single thing about it.

Amusingly, there is no law that prevents theft from Magnagorans who have no selfishness either. Yet when vestiphobia was a thing, people would look up individuals that lost robes and similar implements during fights, including backpacks full of gold and hand them back to their respective owners. If I hear that any of my Aeros are using TP dominates to steal anything from a member of another organization, they will get bitchslapped so hard their grandchildren will feel it... but sure, let's say we're not doing a single thing about any of those issues either because see... there's no laws against them, eh?

Please spare the load of bull you seem so intent on unleashing and direct your creative juices into a more productive venue. I hear Magnagora could use some fiction books.

Oh no! Don't issue me again Elanorwen, I mentioned CloudCoils. (which was dismissed, so no, I never take OOC info ICly).

Maligorn: Yes, I got replaced because I don't take responsibility. Except for the fact that I have thrown out Munsia. That I threw out Marcella for calling out Morgfyre as a useless piece of shit. As I mentioned to Elanorwen, I don't take information ICly, not every city leader knows everything their citizens do, if provided with information, I have handled everything. I even unenemied those that were enemied under false pretenses or enemied temporarily. So, once again, find an avenue ICly.

I just love when people try to not have to do work because they grovel for public support to take care of their problems. Quick, call the Forum police! We have negative opinions about someone on Lusternia! Quick, keep bitching about something that could be handled ICly and get tweets closed again! Yay!

Elanorwen said:

Silvanus said:

Amusingly, there is no law that prevents theft from Magnagorans who have no selfishness either. Yet when vestiphobia was a thing, people would look up individuals that lost robes and similar implements during fights, including backpacks full of gold and hand them back to their respective owners. If I hear that any of my Aeros are using TP dominates to steal anything from a member of another organization, they will get bitchslapped so hard their grandchildren will feel it... but sure, let's say we're not doing a single thing about any of those issues either because see... there's no laws against them, eh?

Please spare the load of bull you seem so intent on unleashing and direct your creative juices into a more productive venue. I hear Magnagora could use some fiction books.
    Next:

chelp lawsiii
    Composed by: Silvanus
    Composed on: 5th of Urlachmar, 387 CE

C. Criminal Laws

All punishments are to be handled by the proper Iron Councillor. The
    extent of the punishment is up to the Iron Councillor who is handling
    the case. If you are a member of the Nihilists and were the victim of a
    crime, you would bring the matter up to your Heresiarch, and they will
    handle the issue. If Geomancer, to the Archmage, and so on.

I. Murder

- Murder is defined as taking the life of another citizen without their
    consent, and the unlawful act of taking their life. Pets are included.

- Murder by proxy - this is defined as the hired killing of a fellow
    citizen, putting a hit out on a citizen, or asking another individual to
    kill a citizen.

II. Assault

- Assault is defined by any unwanted contact with another individual.
    This can be, but is not limited to: using any skill on a person that
    they did not request, touching, using enchants (scrolls included), or
    Type MORE to continue reading. (46% shown)
    4885h, 6663m, 4845e, 10p, 22115en, 31205w Belrx- (XBHSPFA) {76.5822}
    more
    You continue reading:
    any other unwanted bodily/physical contact. Pets are included.

III. Theft

- Don't.

IV. Treason
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's not like somebody offered help in managing the problem the literal only way it's possible to solve it entirely IC, or something.

It's also not like other OOC/Player affecting problems have been effectivly solved with IC nudge-nudge-wink-winks before, like totems. :P
  • Silvanus said:

Oh no! Don't issue me again Elanorwen, I mentioned CloudCoils. (which was dismissed, so no, I never take OOC info ICly).

Maligorn: Yes, I got replaced because I don't take responsibility. Except for the fact that I have thrown out Munsia. That I threw out Marcella for calling out Morgfyre as a useless piece of shit. As I mentioned to Elanorwen, I don't take information ICly, not every city leader knows everything their citizens do, if provided with information, I have handled everything. I even unenemied those that were enemied under false pretenses or enemied temporarily. So, once again, find an avenue ICly.

I just love when people try to not have to do work because they grovel for public support to take care of their problems. Quick, call the Forum police! We have negative opinions about someone on Lusternia! Quick, keep bitching about something that could be handled ICly and get tweets closed again! Yay!

You're the one kicking up the fuss instead of joining us in our pitchfork waving! Come be a part of the non-plebeian side of Lusternia.

It's cute that you guys are unraveling pathways after that huge thing with Marcella unraveling every rift on Crystal Meadows cause weep weep our only way to Earth is through rifts.

edited February 2015
    I have no idea what pathways are, I have never needed to use them. So, I have no idea if Arcanis is doing it, but he has been bitched about for 6 months about him doing it, so I assumed someone had caught him ICly. Also, Talan did mention a few posts before yours Maligorn that she spoke to him ICly.

So yeah, let's close down tweets because a bunch of people have their underpants in a wad and are trying to OOCly dictate someone's ICs actions when they havent even attempted to solve it ICly (except Talan, who half assed it).
    Maligorn said:

(Also remember that I said IF it's Arcanis doing the unraveling.

Your staunch defense of him does indicate that it is such, but I'm not going to bring this OOC information IC. Sorry not sorry)

Uh, I'd defend my citymates too even if I didn't know who did it, unless I saw it was him.
    Maligorn said:

Actually, I doubt that since Marcella and Arcanis are buddy-buddies. Maybe, maybe people actually expect Magnagora to be a big boy and take care of its own internal problems. Argument's going in circles now, so I'll leave you with that charming clarinet boy.

Also, uh, paths aren't a mag problem per se. Do we have witnesses who've seen him doing it?
    Silvanus said:

Elanorwen said:

Silvanus said:

Next:

-snip-
    III. Theft

- Don't.

IV. Treason
    Never did I claim that I was familiar with the laws of Magnagora, nor do I care to be. Here's another little bit. Discussing issues, pending, current or dismissed on the forums is a no-no. Fun times, eh? :)

Elanorwen said:

Silvanus said:

Elanorwen said:

Silvanus said:

Next:

-snip-
    III. Theft

- Don't.

IV. Treason
    Never did I claim that I was familiar with the laws of Magnagora, nor do I care to be.
    Elanorwen said:

Silvanus said:

Amusingly, there is no law that prevents theft from Magnagorans who have no selfishness either.
    :/
This discussion has been closed.