Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:

I've hammered out some relatively simple code to add pathways semi-automatically to your personal map, and echo to the shortdesc where they go, for ease of use. It checks if the destination (from Survey) has only one possible room, and automatically sets both special exits if that's the case. I'm about to write what it should do if it encounters multiple options - it'll pop up a link asking you to click it to pathfind to the other room and find out which it is of the possibilities. 

Off-hand, does anyone know if/how I can set delay values to special exits, so that the mapper can do some math to decide if it's faster to path somewhere walking/sprinting normally or pathfind? Like, if there is someone ten rooms away: I can reach them with two pathfinds (8 seconds totalish for pathfinding) or I can just walk to them, much quicker.
    http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_Functions#setExitWeight

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Shuyin said:

To be fair at least we haven't brought up choke, order affinity, and/or destruction yet.

Because of you spamming destro, order affinity was introduced and choke was deleted, also choke is less OP than hekoskeri, delete monks, delete bards, hallelujah god save the queen (Estarra)

Maligorn said:

Shuyin said:

To be fair at least we haven't brought up choke, order affinity, and/or destruction yet.

Because of you spamming destro, order affinity was introduced and choke was deleted, also choke is less OP than hekoskeri, delete monks, delete bards, hallelujah god save the queen (Estarra)
    You forgot delete illum.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Shuyin said:

The most useful knowledge from the last few pages is learning that the buttery tears platter existed.

I do think it's funny that there is this huge outcry about pathways but none regarding rifts except for blaming Gaudi for the inability for other people to watch where they transverse.

Admittedly the OOC jostling is a bit offputting too.

PS please raid when people are around.

It takes a specific skill to be able to know where a pathway leads.
    I think it shows on survey.
    Relevant info in bold:

PLANAR - GATEMASTER

Syntax: GATEWEAVE BOND
            GATEWEAVE UNBOND
    Power:  10 (any) plus special

Your mastery of planar gates is such that it will take only half the time to weave and unravel. However, the greatest ability is to bond with gates that you have created (creators are the second person to initiate a gate weave). Bonding with a gate will only allow yourself to use the gate plus it will make it impossible for anyone else to unravel the gate (though it can still be distorted). Bonded gates will decay in 180 days and has a chance to drain power from your reserves on each new day.

In addition, if you have Surveying in Environment, you can use it to view where rifts lead.
    The last part also works if you can use Paths in Hunting. That's my point :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I am satisfied, we've gone full circle.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    (This is a dirty player secret, shh)

TBH, sometimes when I'm aware of something OOC and need/want that information to be IC I apply the following test:
    - Is this information something that a dreambody would be able to glean, were they present?
    - Was I a dreamweaver at a time that this information could have been gleaned in said dreambody?
    - Could I have been on the scene as a dreambody, as I wasn't explicitly doing something else, and there aren't any other constraints on my having potentially been there as a dreambody?

If the answer to all three questions are "yes", then I can know the information IC. If anyone questions me, I saw it while walking in dreams. It's just not fesiable to actually spy in dreambody: The ratio of boring silence to interesting activity is WAY too skewed in the direction of boring. 

I use this cheat sparingly though, it would get tired really quickly. I'm not sure that I'd care to do it this go around (and i've not been dreamweaver for some time now), but I could conceivably stalk Arcanis for some arbitrary reason forever until I catch him unweaving a path (if it is indeed him), the only true limit on that being the sheer boredom that would entail. 
  • Wait, what? I'm a little confused. We're not allowed to pressure players in our orgs doing irritating and frustrating things (not necessarily to us) unless it was brought to us in-game? And we're not allowed to pressure org leaders in an OOC manner (specifically forums) to curb such behavior? As in, is this a rule or something, we're not allowed to do it?

Or is this just all about preferences and "I don't want, I don't feel like" kind of thing? "I don't want to bring this up to the CL in-game because I feel it will be metagamey." "I don't want to pressure him to stop doing this action because I don't like the way I was approached about it."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    It's preferences. We totally do it, and have a little bird tell us about it, when it's something really egregious or is borderline rules breaking. Presumably, for some things (like screwing over novices for real), we just agree that it's best for the game overall to fudge the line some.

EDIT: In this case, I don't think it's really a big deal. It's an annoying, pointless move that deserves a certain amount of ridiculing when abused, but it's just a minor convenience for the majority of players to use paths in the majority of situations.
    A WILD DISTRACTION APPEARS!

A wild Distraction derails the derail. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

I still want to know the whole deal behind the problem between Ayi and Daebach, and why Celest was talking about enemying her for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NO Shaddus shhhhhhhh!
    I'll also tell you something that certain people do just to be asses: absolve domoths.
  • Maybe Ayi caught Daebach stripping sparkleberry. Or maybe Ayi is the sparkleberry stripper. :?.

• Shaddus said:

I'll also tell you something that certain people do just to be asses: absolve domoths.

I thought this was so we could create even more tension in game that results in many strange love children... :/
  • Usually I find absolving domoths to be pointless. All of these current absolves are actually absolves vs the lowest ranks which knock people out, which is the only one worth doing.

At least it isn't all of that petty fucking absolves where Kelly kept absolving my crown/orb for no reason. If it was sceptre I would understand..
  • edited February 2015
    Okay. I'll cap what happened. They both talked a lot of smack. They then tried various ways of killing each other. Ayi got too close to Seren/Celest with her hired body guards. This caused concern. End of.

Also Dae doesn't strip. I know this for fact, I have watched him harvest.

Also what herbalist strips, woudln't that be the epitome of stupid since it creates more work for them? 
  • It also lowers supply, which increases demand, which raises prices, which means tehy get mad cash.

Okay. I'll cap what happened. They both talked a lot of smack. They then tried various ways of killing each other. Ayi got too close to Seren/Celest with her hired body guards. This caused concern. End of.

Also Dae doesn't strip. I know this for fact, I have watched him harvest.

Also what herbalist strips, woudln't that be the epitome of stupid since it creates more work for them? 
    I dunno about the hired bodyguards, but I do know I was told that defending her would be a way to kill Daebach.
  • Marcella said:

Usually I find absolving domoths to be pointless. All of these current absolves are actually absolves vs the lowest ranks which knock people out, which is the only one worth doing.

At least it isn't all of that petty fucking absolves where Kelly kept absolving my crown/orb for no reason. If it was sceptre I would understand..
    It's not just the knocking out, it's the pushing of guild and city buffs out of your hands. Death crown and death orb are pretty potent!

• Any tarotist replicates death crown and all it saves you is a minute max travel time.

Death orb....I don't know the damage on it, but you have to already have lost for it to work.
  • Shaddus said:

I can definitely attest to the fact that we were expecting a hard fight for the first absolve, with what farscout was showing up like. We're absolving during peak hours and asking for a fight.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

• Silvanus said:

...Perhaps, since Magnagora is trying to butter up Gaudiguch, you can offer Gaudiguch incentive to mention it to Magnagora.

So how much butter does Mag have? It doesn't have to be melted, we can do that.
    Steingrim said:

Silvanus said:

...Perhaps, since Magnagora is trying to butter up Gaudiguch, you can offer Gaudiguch incentive to mention it to Magnagora.

So how much butter does Mag have? It doesn't have to be melted, we can do that.
    This could help with the process...

Maligorn said:

Marcella said:

Usually I find absolving domoths to be pointless. All of these current absolves are actually absolves vs the lowest ranks which knock people out, which is the only one worth doing.

It's not just the knocking out, it's the pushing of guild and city buffs out of your hands. Death crown and death orb are pretty potent!
    I'm pretty sure one of these absolve just debuffed faelings, and that's all.
  • Shaddus said:

Maligorn said:

Marcella said:

I'm pretty sure one of these absolve just debuffed faelings, and that's all.
    It was deliberate to start with Knowledge, since we weren't sure how the fight was going to break out.

It didn't.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shuyin said:

But domoths need updating as a mechanic.

Totally agree. Absolve in particular is either long and grueling, or a total snore-fest.

• The thing is, I don't know what you guys see on farsight, but we don't have anyone except 1-2 combatants.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I rarely log out, so seeing me on farscout means nothing, and I know I'm not the only one.

This discussion has been closed.