Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:

Dahnrio was last thrown out for sexual harassment, not breaking trade bans. Unless some idiot let him back in :(

I'm saying he's the last one I personally caught violating trade bans. If Gaudiguch really wants him, they can have him. Whether he was thrown out for violating trade bans or not is a different bunny altogether. There will be no inducting the fellow back in Hallifax, not if I have a say in it for sure.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    The only people I've ever heard moaning about tradebans are the tradespeople who are turned down by an org's customers. With one exception, I've never heard any Serenwilder bemoaning not being able to trade with Mag/etc.

It also doesn't make sense to me that denying gold flowing out of the org to enemies doesn't help them... but denying gold flowing into the org hurts that org. Make up your mind, does gold matter or not? Personally, I think it's cute that anyone (really, any player) cares one whit about gold.

If any of my novices point out they don't have enough gold for xyz, I just hand them the gold. The ambassador (who's only mechanical/true remit is to help org novices, none of that other stuff we give them) can withdraw from org funds for this purpose, and orgs have functionally infinite gold. Unless you're looking for some specific, personal design, the only trouble lowbies should have in finding allied tradespeople are for the niche trades that require seeing that tradesperson in-person, and no lowbie should be concerning themselves over those kinds of optimizing bonuses.
  • edited February 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Ssaliss said:

Lavinya said:

Trade bans are stupid. You people are just hurting yourselves. I see someone ask for days and days for an obscure trade (hello artisan or tinker), finally decide to be kind and offer to help out, but of course, not they're not allowed to deal with a Magnagoran. Go ahead and keep on looking for another week. This is why I just ignore market ads most of the time.

I cannot agree more. While I kinda get that Celestians might not want to trade with Magnagorans, everyone else (save for, perhaps, Serenwilde) should really be relatively okay with it.

Also, if you need an artisan (depending on what you need it for), poke Ssaliss, since I recently got a fancy cord and started learning a bit of each trade. Not sure off-hand how high I got artisan, but I know I have at least up to desks, and I think I got a couple above it as well.
    If I catch a Halli Sentinel selling forged goods to Gaudi, I will most certainly bitch them out. Don't get me wrong, I know it can be hard to find certain craftsmen, but on an IC level, it doesn't do to supply people we're at war with the weapons they'll be using against us.
    I'm sorry. But now all I can see is @Alaksanteri wielding a wrought iron chair and a bunch of us egging her on with shouts of "HIT HIM!". Actually no I am not sorry. @Shaddus you can be Jerry. :P
  • The sooner ectoplasm is deleted, the sooner I can sleep easily at night. :(

• Also, I don't think tradebans are that unreasonable. Citing Elanorwen, it's kind of very perverse to forge weapons for an enemy (especially if tempered for combat) so that they can slash you later with it.

• While I understand tradebans from an IC point of view, when dealing with newbies, or with people I know have been looking for a while, it's not uncommon for my characters to 'drop' public-design items somewhere and 'find' some unrelated gold somewhere else. Even ones who have no IC reason or justification for this action, like Syridean making stuff for Magnagorans, who he generally dislikes as a rule in-character.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    My rule of thumb for this is a compromise. I don't do trades for enemies. I don't really do them for allies either unless they know to ask me. But for things that are really inconvenient, like curios, I look the other way and trade to anyone as an OOC politeness. They're just too much of a pain with a small population unless they get treated as semi-OOC.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I'll trade curios with someone as long as I don't dislike them.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll do it with anyone anywhere at any time.

I mean trading, of course.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Aerotan said:

While I understand tradebans from an IC point of view, when dealing with newbies, or with people I know have been looking for a while, it's not uncommon for my characters to 'drop' public-design items somewhere and 'find' some unrelated gold somewhere else. Even ones who have no IC reason or justification for this action, like Syridean making stuff for Magnagorans, who he generally dislikes as a rule in-character.

In a world where everyone and their mother has a manse, it doesn't do to rub that you're trading with an enemy in the face of a guild champion of your org either, does it? Hide in a manse, transfer whatever needs transferring, nobody's the wiser. Heck, you can even ban citymates from entering your manse while you perform the transaction. But bringing a Gaudiguchian to the Hallifax forge and bragging about how you're tempering their weapon for combat when you're questioned? Really?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Magnagora, as part of its RP, specifically condemns orgs with tradebans as they are entirely anticapitalist, hate economies, and weaken nations.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Lavinya said:

we should be more interested in completely removing the threat of the Soulless.

But Magnagorans are a threat of the Soulless. /forumrp

God, why do some people have to be so difficult to rp with.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

God, why do some people have to be so difficult to rp with.

The awkward moment you don't know you are RPing with yourself because you have so many alts. You have to log on as the character to RP back, Shaddus. COME ON.

Horrible paraphrasing of my cconversation today.

Me: hey, I'd like to be unenemied to your order.

Them: Why?

Me: because I'm not interested in attacking your order even though we aren't allies.

Them: Then why did you attack me?

Me:...because you attacked me first.

Them: Yeah, but So and So attacked me and that's why I attacked you.

Me: But that wasn't me.

Them: Are you sorry?

Me: Uh, yes. That's why I'm contacting you and asking to find out how to be unenemied to your order. Considering I don't attack your home, the brand doesn't really hurt me; I'm just not interested in being considered your enemy.

Them: I'm not sure I believe you. We'll give it a few weeks and see if you've attacked us since then.

Me...ok, whatever.
    --------
    Me: Hi, I'd like to be unenemied to your home that I've never attacked.

Them2: but So and So cut down trees lately.

Me: sorry about that, but that's not me. I'm the guy not cutting your trees down.

Them2: No Response.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lusternia: where everything is everyone's fault, all the time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If it's a Gaudi character (as it was @Malarious chopping trees) they should have just said 'No, we're at war', and left it at that :P
    Enyalida said:

If it's a Gaudi character (as it was @Malarious chopping trees) they should have just said 'No, we're at war', and left it at that :P

I'm sure they can, but considering I don't raid Serenwilde the brand is pretty lacking in power.

Especially since it was originally put in place by Caerlyr for trying to summon her as a warning as she was trying to summon a small gaudi to kill them. Granted, neither summon would have went through...but yeah.
  • They could have just said you were a high risk with your poison platters. \0/

I'll cut you.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Given how difficult it is for non-enemied people to join Serenwilde at the best of times, are you really surprised?

Not especially, but one can hope :/
  • edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

The sooner ectoplasm is deleted, the sooner I can sleep easily at night. :(

Well damn...you must have been sleepless for years then. I cant imagine what your sleep cycle was like when Choke was around.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Speaking of unenemying... I am a horrible person. I forgot to get back to someone who asked about a status :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

Speaking of unenemying... I am a horrible person. I forgot to get back to someone who asked about a status :( .

You mean, half the Basin?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Silea said:

Everiine said:

You mean, half the Basin?
    Sorry to say, but that's just rude. Serenwilde unenemying/joining is notoriously horrible (Especially considering Lusternia's population woes) but that doesn't mean you should point accusatory fingers at individuals.

• I meant more Serenwilde in general :/
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I ant to do something about making joining Serenwilde easier. I have for years, actually. But it would necessitate me getting involved in politics, which I really don't want to do.

This discussion has been closed.