Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Lerad is right, except that I believe that diverting just adds ego to their pool (and adds influence resistance), and doesn't SET their ego to a particular level. Let's say that it adds 300 ego and your attack does 600 ego. 

I, a Serenwilder, sit there for 10 attacks, whittling down the mob's ego to 100. One more hit and I wiiiin! You and a buddy scoot in, divert the mob (Raising its ego to 400) and hit it with one influence (dealing 600 ego damage). The mob is influenced towards your village.  I could sit there all year influencing a mob, slowly hacking away at its ego, but if I don't get the very last hit, I lose.

In the anecdote mentioned, this is what it seems like happened. It's not so much that they took less hits to influence the mob, it's just that you had already done a lot of the work for them. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited February 2015
    I like peaced revolts, they could be pretty fun and come with their own strategies.

What I do hate is how unfairly balanced charisma is. Just another thing that makes a Viscanti a joke.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I was always told that divert reset their ego to full.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I just can't say anything that would make viscanti redeemable except that on paper they seem like they'd make great tanky warriors, especially with Putrefaction.

Plus, the boost to village influencing, even if irontongue can only ever get up to 19 cha, again -seems- to be something that would put them on par with shadowsingers and warblers.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shaddus said:

I was always told that divert reset their ego to full.

That doesn't make any sense. How then can someone divert and immediately win a mob (which does happen)? Especially with subsequent influences and diverts increasing the mob's resistance to influencing.
  • >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #469 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ieptix the Anomaly                  Date: 2015-02-02 17:47:53
       o A bug has been fixed that was causing all players without a racial
       influencing advantage to receive the bonus from a level 3 racial
       advantage.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

I wonder how many villages in the history of Lusternia were won or lost from this bug. Holy crap.
  • When influencing, there are three "stats" that are of relevance:

Charisma - Affects the eq time for influence attacks, as well as the damage (which is analogous to how str and int affect other damages).
    Prestige - Increases the time it takes before a mob starts resisting your influence attacks.
    Generic "buff" (doesn't have a real name) - Increases the amount of damage done to the mob's ego.

Various things affect generally one or the other of the latter two categories (though there's an exception or two that affect both).
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • What does alcohol withdrawal do?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • IIRC, it lowers max HME. Or if it was only health. Something along that line, anyway, and I think it caps out at 10%?
    Ieptix said:

When influencing, there are three "stats" that are of relevance:

Generic "buff" (doesn't have a real name) - Increases the amount of damage done to the mob's ego.

While we have your attention, @Ieptix, do different buffs have different weights? For instance, is an influence rune the same power as beast influence, or a hair curio?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Different things gives buffs of different sizes, yes.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    So I just got even suckier at influencing? :-O
    Feel free to flag other posts as off topic if they aren't actually tweets, @Yomoigu.
  • Is something off-topic that I should know about?
  • You must have accidentally flagged Shaddus' previous post, then, Yom.
    Yomoigu said:

Is something off-topic that I should know about?

Nothing you're flagged in this post is as off-topic as anything else. Why do you ask?
  • Marcella said:

You must have accidentally flagged Shaddus' previous post, then, Yom.

Aha. On my phone, yeah. Lemme fix that.
    Yomoigu said:

Marcella said:

You must have accidentally flagged Shaddus' previous post, then, Yom.

Aha. On my phone, yeah. Lemme fix that.
    Normally I wouldn't call bs, but at what point would a divine like, agree, or disagree with my question to Ieptix?
  • edited February 2015
    What can I say! I've got fat fingers

EDIT: though if I had to guess, I'd say it happened as I was scrolling by
    Hmph. You could have lied and just said you enjoyed my post but hit the wrong button :)
    Silea said:

What does alcohol withdrawal do?

Ssaliss said:

IIRC, it lowers max HME. Or if it was only health. Something along that line, anyway, and I think it caps out at 10%?

| Health : 6519/6485     Endurance : 30900/30900     Power    : 10p       |
    | Mana   : 4947/4922     Willpower : 23400/23400     Reserves : 30%       |
    | Ego    : 4656/4632     Mindset   : Cautious        Esteem   : 301       |

You slip into the Charm of the Clangoru.

+----------------------------------------------------------------- Vitals +
    | Health : 6653/6720     Endurance : 30900/30900     Power    : 10p       |
    | Mana   : 5049/5100     Willpower : 23400/23400     Reserves : 30%       |
    | Ego    : 4752/4800     Mindset   : Cautious        Esteem   : 301       |
    ------------------------------
  • Ixion said:

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #469 ]--------------------------<
       advantage.

I wonder how many villages in the history of Lusternia were won or lost from this bug. Holy crap.

I find it rather comical how a bug this big was slide under the doorway with a simple changelog. I expected many pitchforks.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ixion said:

advantage.

All this time my crappy lobo influencing was actually maxed out level three (albeit kinda low charisma) influencing. ;_;
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ixion said:

advantage.

I can't influence kephera warriors anymore T_T Will try again with a beauty karma blessing but ouch.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Yomoigu said:

Happens to the best of us, and @Shaddus loves calling us out.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:

Yomoigu said:

Happens to the best of us, and @Shaddus loves calling us out.
    I've got fatter fingers than both of you combined and I've never done it :P
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Who cares about flags
    Don't hate, masticate.
  • edited February 2015
    Totemcarvers, rejoice.

o TOTEMCARVING has been moved from Druidry to Stag and Crow.
This discussion has been closed.