Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:

Lavinya said:

Trade bans are stupid. You people are just hurting yourselves. I see someone ask for days and days for an obscure trade (hello artisan or tinker), finally decide to be kind and offer to help out, but of course, not they're not allowed to deal with a Magnagoran. Go ahead and keep on looking for another week. This is why I just ignore market ads most of the time.

I cannot agree more. While I kinda get that Celestians might not want to trade with Magnagorans, everyone else (save for, perhaps, Serenwilde) should really be relatively okay with it.

Also, if you need an artisan (depending on what you need it for), poke Ssaliss, since I recently got a fancy cord and started learning a bit of each trade. Not sure off-hand how high I got artisan, but I know I have at least up to desks, and I think I got a couple above it as well.
    If I catch a Halli Sentinel selling forged goods to Gaudi, I will most certainly bitch them out. Don't get me wrong, I know it can be hard to find certain craftsmen, but on an IC level, it doesn't do to supply people we're at war with the weapons they'll be using against us.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited February 2015
    "Manteekan of the Sixth Circle," said Mysrai. "You are charged with participating in the Rites of Abomination and, further, using the Forbidden Elixir in your awakenings, creating twisted beings, such as the banshee, grimalkin, redcaps, bogies, barghest, agropelters, hodekin, gumberoos, spriggans, whimpuses, tripoderos, snow wassets, slaugh and squonks." - The Book of Igaso.

• Just because Manteekan made the redcaps doesn't mean that redcaps aren't a kind of hyfae. Hyfae are just mushroom fae. Using the taint to make tainty mushroom fae seems like something Manteekan might have tried.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:

Ssaliss said:

Lavinya said:

Trade bans are stupid. You people are just hurting yourselves. I see someone ask for days and days for an obscure trade (hello artisan or tinker), finally decide to be kind and offer to help out, but of course, not they're not allowed to deal with a Magnagoran. Go ahead and keep on looking for another week. This is why I just ignore market ads most of the time.

I cannot agree more. While I kinda get that Celestians might not want to trade with Magnagorans, everyone else (save for, perhaps, Serenwilde) should really be relatively okay with it.

Also, if you need an artisan (depending on what you need it for), poke Ssaliss, since I recently got a fancy cord and started learning a bit of each trade. Not sure off-hand how high I got artisan, but I know I have at least up to desks, and I think I got a couple above it as well.
    If I catch a Halli Sentinel selling forged goods to Gaudi, I will most certainly bitch them out. Don't get me wrong, I know it can be hard to find certain craftsmen, but on an IC level, it doesn't do to supply people we're at war with the weapons they'll be using against us.
    I don't care if we do that or not from a Gaudi perspective. We can give you all the best supplies and goods in the world, and we'll still beat your stuffy noses into the ground. /forumrp

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't really know if Gaudi does tradebans. If we do, we only really give a damn if we don't like the person.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Mag does not do tradebans. I knows because I wrote those laws and and I wrote them with with myself in mind thinking.. if I am not going to follow them.. why would I want the rest of the city to do it too? Gold is gold, if they are willing to spend it, lets take it! Also.. I think every org buys from my shop at one time or another ^^ just saying.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I know that the only tradeban Glom does is to actual commune enemies. Technically we can trade with Seren as well (although Serens always refuse to trade with me :( )
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    It's been too long, we need another Ask @Estarra.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Glom's rules were harsh at one point. I can remember Kharaen being kicked from the commune because she wouldn't tune her non-connected aethershop to refuse Glom enemies.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Glom's rules were harsh at one point. I can remember Kharaen being kicked from the commune because she wouldn't tune her non-connected aethershop to refuse Glom enemies.

Well... that would be in line with what I wrote above. Glom does technically ban trade with Glom enemies. Although when it comes to aethershops, odds are we won't bother too much, unless it's a special case.
  • edited February 2015
    Shaddus said:

I don't really know if Gaudi does tradebans. If we do, we only really give a damn if we don't like the person.

Number one rule in Gaudiguch: Don't get caught. We do have tradebans technically, but unless somebody complains, nobody gives half a crap anyway.

EDIT: Also, you're the last person to edit the CHELP file that details the whole tradeban thing. Just thought I'd point that out.
    You act like I remember the things I do from day to day. I don't even know what I had for supper last night.
  • Iytha said:

Just because Manteekan made the redcaps doesn't mean that redcaps aren't a kind of hyfae. Hyfae are just mushroom fae. Using the taint to make tainty mushroom fae seems like something Manteekan might have tried.

We could put that same example to 1000 other cases. Additionally, the only known case of corrupting already manifested spiritual essence by Manteekan, is that of Icewynderkyl.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Well, and all of Glomdoring.
  • Enyalida said:

Well, and all of Glomdoring.

Not by Manteekan.
  • oh shit he made the snow wassets
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Arcanis said:

Iytha said:

Just because Manteekan made the redcaps doesn't mean that redcaps aren't a kind of hyfae. Hyfae are just mushroom fae. Using the taint to make tainty mushroom fae seems like something Manteekan might have tried.

We could put that same example to 1000 other cases. Additionally, the only known case of corrupting already manifested spiritual essence by Manteekan, is that of Icewynderkyl.
    I read that to mean "the only known case of corrupting already manifested spiritual essence is by Manteekan, that of Icewynderkel". Weeeeeird sentence structure, yo. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tark a trans tattooist with needle, high enough in artisan to make everything, and is a trans cook. So, if you ever need anything, lemme know. If you're not west coast peak, leave me a message or something and we can work something out.

And, to be honest, I'll trade with pretty much anyone.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I had a nice little philosophical discussion with the person who couldn't accept my services that they needed, about how we as mortals get so preoccupied fighting over the trivialities like who can give a one-minute etching to whom, when we should be more interested in completely removing the threat of the Soulless. Then we can debate quality of life.

Mag hasn't had trade bans as long as I can remember. That's not a new law. If they are offering a service we need, or providing us with funds we need, that will ultimately make us stronger, and that's for everyone's benefit, so denying it is silly.

I get the rp of why orgs don't want to deal with enemies, but I think in the end it's shooting your own players in the foot often. Tradespeople can be hard to find. No one wants to spend days and days doing not much of anything just because they can't find a jeweller to make them a cube that they need so they can do some serious grinding, for example.

• Lavinya said:

I had a nice little philosophical discussion with the person who couldn't accept my services that they needed, about how we as mortals get so preoccupied fighting over the trivialities like who can give a one-minute etching to whom, when we should be more interested in completely removing the threat of the Soulless. Then we can debate quality of life.

Mag hasn't had trade bans as long as I can remember. That's not a new law. If they are offering a service we need, or providing us with funds we need, that will ultimately make us stronger, and that's for everyone's benefit, so denying it is silly.

I get the rp of why orgs don't want to deal with enemies, but I think in the end it's shooting your own players in the foot often. Tradespeople can be hard to find. No one wants to spend days and days doing not much of anything just because they can't find a jeweller to make them a cube that they need so they can do some serious grinding, for example.

Those who seem to support trade bans seem to not consider the other side. Yes, your enemies might get something that they already can get elsewhere. What they seem to not to get, is less gold to your own citizens weakens your own org. There's a reason why the people who sell the most wares generally don't link to their org's nexii anymore.

Trade bans violate the One Law, so I just ignore it. I call this the Synkarin interpretation.
  • Extra points if you're getting them to violate their own trade ban by dealing with you.

You put 7,700,889 gold sovereigns in <container>.

Yeeeees. I'm definitely hurting from the lack of enemy trading.

Like I said, my attitude is a case of personal decision. The last time I caught a Sentinel forging for a Templar, that Templar ended up trying to bash my brains out with the same weapon a couple hours later. Should I be handling things in a different fashion in regards to the playerbase being low? Perhaps. Should I change my RP to suit the OOC circumstances even though I've made appeals to others to do the same when it's hurting our side of the alliance and been ignored? I guess this one will go to the judges.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:

You put 7,700,889 gold sovereigns in <container>.

Yeeeees. I'm definitely hurting from the lack of enemy trading.

Like I said, my attitude is a case of personal decision. The last time I caught a Sentinel forging for a Templar, that Templar ended up trying to bash my brains out with the same weapon a couple hours later. Should I be handling things in a different fashion in regards to the playerbase being low? Perhaps. Should I change my RP to suit the OOC circumstances even though I've made appeals to others to do the same when it's hurting our side of the alliance and been ignored? I guess this one will go to the judges.

It is cute you think that's a lot of money. My point has nothing to do with low pop. My view goes back to the early decision by Estarra to not have backup npc vendors (meaning you could get the items you needed to play but they'd be higher than what players sold for). It also goes back to when Serenwilde had the only alchemists (further protected by having the only alembic) and watching people log in a few times, try to get potions, and just stop playing. So given that, I am going to see things differently than others.

Your reply does go to show another problem with trade bans. The people who decide these things almost always tend to be those who can get all the supplies they need. Not a problem for you, why change things?

Forging it common enough that I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have gotten a weapon elsewhere. But please, please, please, Hallifax, aggressively hunt down and run off those who violate trade bans...after all, Gaudiguch will take them.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm not asking or telling anyone to change their roleplay over trade, geeze. I just think it hurts the lowbies in your org if they're limited by who then can buy from, when we all know some services can be really difficult to find. I have all the trades I have access to, both low magic and high. There's not much I can't do for myself, so it doesn't hurt me any if people won't trade with me, but I bet it hurts the people who need what I can offer that I see asking, days on end.

• Lavinya said:

I'm not asking or telling anyone to change their roleplay over trade, geeze. I just think it hurts the lowbies in your org if they're limited by who then can buy from, when we all know some services can be really difficult to find. I have all the trades I have access to, both low magic and high. There's not much I can't do for myself, so it doesn't hurt me any if people won't trade with me, but I bet it hurts the people who need what I can offer that I see asking, days on end.

Just to clarify, I am also not asking individuals to change their RP. I just believe that the RP reasons for ORG bans are fairly fallacious. Trade bans do hurt their citizens and only might hurt the ORG and that hurt is very questionable.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited February 2015
    I'll trade with anyone except Mags, and @Shaddus' food.

Thought about it!

Come back to meeee. You're one of the few Mags who I like talking to, no matter what. There's like, maybe 4 people total on that list, which says a lot.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Steingrim said:

It is cute you think that's a lot of money. My point has nothing to do with low pop. My view goes back to the early decision by Estarra to not have backup npc vendors (meaning you could get the items you needed to play but they'd be higher than what players sold for). It also goes back to when Serenwilde had the only alchemists (further protected by having the only alembic) and watching people log in a few times, try to get potions, and just stop playing. So given that, I am going to see things differently than others.

Your reply does go to show another problem with trade bans. The people who decide these things almost always tend to be those who can get all the supplies they need. Not a problem for you, why change things?

Forging it common enough that I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have gotten a weapon elsewhere. But please, please, please, Hallifax, aggressively hunt down and run off those who violate trade bans...after all, Gaudiguch will take them.

It is cute that you put words in my mouth. I never said I considered that a lot of gold. That said, I've been throwing a lot of money too, so whatever. I can easily flood the market with 1k+ cheap credits should I feel like it. My assets aren't in the form of gold anyway.

I do not decide the laws of Hallifax. I merely enforce them with varying degrees of glee and personal satisfaction. Whether others turn a blind eye to things or not is another problem altogether. That said, if I see someone struggling, I've had situations where I've switched and learned trades so that I can give them what they need. If not Elanorwen, I have several alts that are trans in trades I don't personally have easy access to with the required artifacts that do nothing but perform trades when I spot a request on market that seems to be getting no response.

That said, there's also the rude consumer happening here and there, including cases where I've had people demand that I stock their shops for them using my materials and without payment because, you see, I'm rich and can afford it.

As to Gaudiguch taking people that break trade bans and are 'run off'. The last one caught was Dahnrio. You can have him if you want him.

Dahnrio was last thrown out for sexual harassment, not breaking trade bans. Unless some idiot let him back in :(
This discussion has been closed.