Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You swell in pride as you choose to become a student of Telekinesis.
    -- I feel so dirty
    You have given up knowledge of Telekinesis for the time being.

You swell in pride as you choose to become a student of Telepathy.
    -- all better now
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So I wake up this morning to see this had been hitting me -

The malevolent emanations of Terentia, the Even Bladed permeate the air about you, Her curses raining down upon Her enemies.
    You feel agonizing pain of the malevolent emanations of Terentia, the Even Bladed.

....while I'm in my manse. That's some serious stong malevolence to extend that far.

• edited February 2015
    Ssaliss said:

Well, it's not like it's hard to get your hands on the stuff from Lorecraft, even if you're in a city... Stocking shops with kegs is far far far easier to do than stocking shops with enchantments.

Agreed, stocking shops with kegs is in fact far easier than enchantments. Perhaps one day some sort of "stone of enchantment" can be placed in shops where one can purchase an enchantment spell placed on a piece of jewelery (not that it is in high demand since people just buy an enchantment ring).

Anywho, I mostly mean that supply skills are more focused for communes naturally: Alchemy for elixirs, Herbs for herbs, Poisons for poisons. Enchantments are not much of a supply skill, since one can rely on an enchantment for months, and even if it is near decay, could get the piece of jewellery repaired. I wouldnt mind also if herbs and poisons were taken off 'low-magic only' and made for both.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Do we have a list of quests that spawn Soulless Curios? Apparently Aquagoria and Slaghora'ruin do, but I don't know how to get to Aquagoria and Slaghora takes 8+ hours to finish. Not too terribly bitter, but it seems like we're getting hustled if we want the darker curios.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Learn how to get to Aquagoria. It is the simplest, easiest quest to farm Soulless curios. Like 20 minutes of work, tops.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tremula said:

Do we have a list of quests that spawn Soulless Curios? Apparently Aquagoria and Slaghora'ruin do, but I don't know how to get to Aquagoria and Slaghora takes 8+ hours to finish. Not too terribly bitter, but it seems like we're getting hustled if we want the darker curios.

Easiest quests for Soulless curio bits:
    Kryden Valik (7 hour reset on the dot, so you can time completing it to when it will come back).  Once you have the quest down, you can complete it in 30 minutes or less.  Most of the time is spent collecting phycomids.

Wheel of Goloths (generates 4 bits per rotation, but depending on how adept you are at killing NPCs you may need help to swap it back to the light side-- getting help probably isn't all that hard since it will give whomever is doing it 4 Vernal-bits)

You can get one from opening Castle Djarrakh too, but that is a much tougher quest.  Still, it's something you can poke at while waiting for the reset on Kryden Valik.
  • To expand a bit, here's a list of some more (the better methods have already been covered above though)

SOULLESS CURIO COLLECTION
    o Raising the Eye of Zenos (Climanti Past)
    o Completing Project Soulforge
    o Opening Djarrakh
    o Empowering the Slaghora'ruin (Tarpits)
    o Dominating the Kephera Hives
    o Raising the Avatar of the Dark Empress
    o Summoning the shadow of Crazen

VERNAL CURIO COLLECTION
    o Activating Spire of Dionamus
    o Destroy the Eye of Zenos (Climanti Past)
    o Chancel of Clangoran Mysteries
    o Crowning Ethilwin or Thoril
    o Mirror of Tzaraziko
    o Hand of Tzaraziko
    o Urlach Catacombs Quest
    o Closing Djarrakh
    o Destroying Soulforge
    o Kiakoda Nature Reserve Quest
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    How to Debate, by Neos: Randomly press different keybindings when on offensive, twirl staff when on defensive.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    It really shows how warbling trills have it good when they can influence denizens in much fewer hits than everyone else. I wish that could be made a bit more of a level playing field somehow, it's a seriously huge advantage when it's coming down to the wire!

• Lavinya said:

It really shows how warbling trills have it good when they can influence denizens in much fewer hits than everyone else. I wish that could be made a bit more of a level playing field somehow, it's a seriously huge advantage when it's coming down to the wire!

I admit it. Trills are the superior race. /forumrp
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Maybe they should be banned from future revolts because they're too good.
    Shuyin said:

Maybe they should be banned from future revolts because they're too good.

Yes! They should! And faelings to be safe. In fact, to make it fair, on entering a village everyone should get illithoid charisma.

(I would bitch less if I could get that high charisma. HARUMPH.)

• edited February 2015
    Lavinya said:

I admit, it was rather daunting that I would get some 8 hits on a mob only to have it taken by 4 hits from a hallifaxian. Im not entirely sure how Diverting influences the opinion of a mob, whether it comes down to a set amount of influences with the lucky individual grabbing it, or if higher charisma plays a huge part. All I know is that Ixion was the only one really able to grab a mob in those divert fights, not because he spammed Mag-village Shock influence more, but because he was perhaps the only one who had charisma on par with the superior Trill race. At the end, I noticed what was happening and decided to just try and divert for him, seeing very little point to attempt anything else with my 17 charisma.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Remember that Talan has Quietmind too, as a Harmony seal winner. She's kind of the toughest opponent you would ever face in a village, ever. Up there with Tacita and Kelly.

And as for influencing in much fewer hits, I remember a certain circumstance where I'd been working a denizen for quite some time, only to have it stolen under my nose in 3 influence hits. I really don't understand how that works. Revolts are weird. At the same time, some Mag had been working an igasho and I strolled in and bumped it once with an influence and it slapped its knees hailing Hallifax.

• As far as I know, influencing works just like bashing. 

Everytime you hit a mob with an influence, it lowers their influence health pool. For easier comparison, let's just call it their ego pool. When that pool hits zero, you win, and the mob is influenced. Higher cha means harder hits, faster hits. So higher cha = faster influences, both in eq recovery and number of hits needed. You won't notice much of a difference when it's only 1 or 2 cha, unless it's near that mathematical threshold where 1 cha pushes you over and lets you grab a mob in one less influence hit. As you hit a mob with the same influence ability, the amount of ego damage you do to the mob gets progressively less. Which is what some people call influence resistance, and why cycling between three influence abilities is better than just using the same one over and over.

Diverting sets the mob's ego to a certain level, and allows it to be influenced by the next person to hit it instead of whoever had been influencing it. This is why you can see people go on divert wars forever, because each divert sets the mob back to a certain ego level.

Note that the above is based on anecdotal evidence and teachings by other people. I can't even remember who taught me these, so take it with a grain of salt. From what I have observed, though, it's largely accurate.

• I wonder if an anti-Sanctuary thing could be put in for peaced villages. Like, CAMPAIGN WARZONE. Only it would have to be less accessible than Crusades and Sanctuary are in terms of cooldown and usage. :?.

• As far as I have ever been able to tell, the number of hits to successfully influence (no matter the type) is based on prestige/skills/wetfold/artifacts, not charisma. Charisma just makes the hits come faster. It's something like an average of 3.3/3.4 seconds at 18 charisma, compared with an average 3 seconds flat at 21 cha. Any higher than that is diminishing returns, but anything 22+ will allow you to very consistently see 2.8/2.9 balances.

Before the weather changes, your clothing level indirectly affected that prestige power, as well. I have never been able to determine for certain if the conversion to "warmth" levels makes an effective difference. But the idea there used to be so you couldn't just prestige yourself up with jewelry and nothing else, so you actually appear 'like royalty' and not like a bedazzled prostitute.

So basically, if they're just influencing faster than you, that's charisma. But if they're doing it less hits, that's almost certainly a huge prestige disparity.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    ...I just realised I was wearing my scarecrow hat in that revolt. That didn't help me any.

• Makes sense when you lay it out like that. Obviously a prospective villager would want to listen to someone with bigger, better clothes, bling on every inch of their body and b-e-a-utiful wing feathers.

• Forgot about prestige. I do, however, distinctly remember increasing my charisma helped me get an influence on a mob with less hits needed. That's on guards, though, but unless revolts work on a totally different it should be the same. I could be remembering wrongly, of course.

• Qistrel said:

I also got enemied to Gaudiguch for 'conspiracies'.

But I'm pretty sure that was 100% Alacardael, so I won't hold it against them too much. In fact, if they had monks I'd probably be playing there.

You misunderstand. Getting enemied to Gaudiguch for 'conspiracies' is the first step to joining. Please direct all inquiries to the Iluminati.
  • Lerad said:

Forgot about prestige. I do, however, distinctly remember increasing my charisma helped me get an influence on a mob with less hits needed. That's on guards, though, but unless revolts work on a totally different it should be the same. I could be remembering wrongly, of course.

Right. What you're noticing here is the faster influencing overcoming ego regeneration more efficiently. Really though, that difference never amounts to more than a single hit. (Like four hits instead of five, sometimes).

But when you're talking about a difference as large as half of the required hits, that's definitely prestige. Nothing else is as powerful when it comes to influencing, not even runes. A 10% boost is far, far smaller than the difference between tawdry and royalty prestige levels.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Nah. As mentioned before, it's probably Quietmind. Quietmind is ridiculously powerful. 
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I especially just hate the concept of peaced revolts. It's mind-numbingly boring and has the means of going on forever.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm with @Riluna, I'm not a fan of peaced revolts either, but it's a great way for people to get involved with minimal risk.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    Tbh guys I don't log in if there's an unpeaced revolt going on. :|

I don't disagree that something could/should be done to keep them from going on forever, but I'm firmly in the "peaced revolts should stay" camp.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.