Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Qistrel said:

I'm just trying to hunt to level 80. No one warned me that killing the spawns and Nidhuug in Hifarae would have Mag come down on me, kill me, and then destroy my corpse, forcing me to pray and undoing an entire days work of hunting. :(

This is why I only influence. Donato has never been enemies to anywhere since he was first made. Not only does it give more protection from avenger, but also gives less people justification to kill you (And if you accidentally enter territory, bloody path walk) then you can escape.
  • edited January 2015
    Tremula said:
    Erm...quick question. Do mob deaths reset quests? Say Mobby McMobberson needed a fancy grail and a couple of penguin corpses to finish off a quest and I gave him the grail, then went to kill the penguins. If someone were to kill Mobby while I was gathering penguins, would that reset the entire quest, or would he spawn to where I only needed to give him penguins again?
    Really, it depends on the quest. Many quests are progged to reset upon the questgiving mob's reset, while others (particularly those that are expected to take a good deal longer) will effectively save the state of the quest should you pass a certain milestone.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2015
    @Donato I wouldn't count on it. Qistrel is an influence-only non-com character and that's never stopped Glom killing her or Mag destroying her mystic pathways.

EDIT: Edited for not making sense. I shouldn't post whilst upset.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I die a little inside when I find typos in published library books I didn't edit. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hey guys. Good luck to everyone in war today. I was wondering if I could ask you guys to keep logs of your fights from your perspectives and post them after the event is done. Could be a nice, entertaining read and will revitalize the logs forum a bit.
  • Qistrel said:

@Donato I wouldn't count on it. Qistrel is an influence-only non-com character and that's never stopped Glom killing her or Mag destroying her mystic pathways.

In my day Avenger was a derrent.
    I also got enemied to Gaudiguch for 'conspiracies'.

But I'm pretty sure that was 100% Alacardael, so I won't hold it against them too much. In fact, if they had monks I'd probably be playing there.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Daraius said:

I die a little inside when I find typos in published library books I didn't edit. 

I'm sorry for contributing to your inner death. I've hit the point where I have a hard time caring enough to closely edit anything of mine that isn't likely to get submitted for prestige.

Someone in Halli needs to become librarian and then stick around.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yes plz. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Portius said:

Daraius said:

I'm sorry for contributing to your inner death. I've hit the point where I have a hard time caring enough to closely edit anything of mine that isn't likely to get submitted for prestige.

I'm not a Librarian but I spoke to @Iytha most of my life so by proxy I'm a great librarian I'll do it.
  • Portius said:

Daraius said:

They do have you as someone they need to live up to. That alone is a hard thing to do not counting actual editing.
  • ah, I would give my left testicle just to be able to be a brewmeister without having to change my entire class and magic-type to do :/.
  • Arcanis said:

ah, I would give my left testicle just to be able to be a brewmeister without having to change my entire class and magic-type to do :/.

Just let Geochemists burrow god damn it. My geomancer ancestors laugh at me.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Burrowing is so not all that.
  • Note to self: next alt is to be a rabbitkin with totems and an affection for carrots.
  • Yomoigu said:

Really, it depends on the quest. Many quests are progged to reset upon the questgiving mob's reset, while others (particularly those that are expected to take a good deal longer) will effectively save the state of the quest should you pass a certain milestone.

@Yomoigu Please, Please, Please, make Questgiving a thing! Do I smell a new November Promo? I think I do.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Got another honour! Sad this one doesn't spawn a Soulless piece...seems only three of the Dark Honours quests I know of actually spawn them.

give sickle to nidhuug
    You give the Sickle of Chuchip to Nidhuug the Fiend.
    Nidhuug the Fiend exclaims, "Ahh excellent, puny one! Now is time for the Ritual!"
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    00:35:46.32|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|99%en|82%w Bexk-
    (+173 essence)

Nidhuug the Fiend throws his head back and roars with a deep rumble that reverberates across the cavern.
    00:35:50.32|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|99%en|82%w Bexk-

You see Nidhuug the Fiend yell, "Mother! Brothers! This is our release, the hour we have been waiting for!"
    00:35:56.40|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|99%en|83%w Bexk-

Nidhuug the Fiend heaves his massive body up from the piles of trinkets and violently clears a portion of his cavern, revealing a crudely sketched pattern of strange occult symbols, grown over with glowing fungus.
    00:36:02.32|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|99%en|83%w Bexk-

Nidhuug the Fiend holds the bundle of rattlesnakes tightly in one claw and squeezes hard as he breaks off all their rattles with the other. He begins chanting with a low growl as he shakes the rattles over the circle, his voice gradually joined by ephemeral rumbles all over the caverns.
    00:36:08.37|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|100%en|83%w Bexk-

Nidhuug the Fiend clenches the Sickle of Chuchip firmly and lowers it slowly into the circle. It begins to shake more and more violently and glow a fiery red as it approaches the ground, until he presses the Sickle to the center with great effort. Immediately the Sickle vanishes with a blast of blinding light.
    00:36:14.36|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|100%en|83%w Bexk-

A subtle vibration pervades the hills, growing greater and greater until the very ground shudders and groans, then suddenly ceases.
    00:36:20.36|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|100%en|83%w Bexk-

You see Nidhuug the Fiend yell, "It is done! The Veil has been lowered!"
    00:36:26.39|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|100%en|83%w Bexk-

The low roar of hordes of ravenous creatures echoes across the Basin as they pour out onto the Alabaster Road.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You gain a new honour!
    00:36:30.97|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|100%en|83%w Bexk-
    (+873 essence)

Gromagh the Hag shouts, "Now is come the time of our dominion! Go forth, our children, and feed on the flesh of the Basin of Life!"
    00:36:34.42|100%h|100%m|104%e|10p|100%en|83%w Bexk-

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I also got enemied to Gaudiguch for 'conspiracies'.

But I'm pretty sure that was 100% Alacardael, so I won't hold it against them too much. In fact, if they had monks I'd probably be playing there.

I may or may not have had a finger in that cookie jar. O:-)

Sorry about that! If it's any consolation, giving up my "accomplices" gets me out of a fine or two sometimes. :D

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Nothing like having your internet subscription expire while in the middle of hunting :/
  • edited February 2015
    For trade skills, is this table correct:

Archetype Trade skills:

Mage (Enchantment/Spellcraft) - City
    Guardian (Enchantment/Spellcraft) - City

Druid (Alchemy/Lorecraft) - Commune
    Wiccan (Alchemy/Lorecraft) - Commune

Knight (Forging) - City/Commune
    Bard (Enchantment/Tinkering, Alchemy/Brewmeister) - City/Commune
    Monk (Tattoos) - City/Commune

Poisons (Low magic only) - Preferable to Communes
    Herbs (Low magic only) - Preferable to Communes

Tailoring - Anyone
    Artisan - Anyone
    Bookbinding - Anyone
    Cooking - Anyone
    Jewellery - Anyone
  • Druid and Wiccan lorecraft are the same, iirc.

Poisons and herbs are City/Commune. There's no preferable or not preferable to those. Anyone with low magic can take those.

• Lerad said:

Druid and Wiccan lorecraft are the same, iirc.

Poisons and herbs are City/Commune. There's no preferable or not preferable to those. Anyone with low magic can take those.
    Preferable in that their magic is focused primarily on lowmagic. The only possible Highmagic requirement being with Bards if they want to take Enchantment. As for cities, the only ones that could take it are knights, monks or bards.

Though from the Trade list, it seems most of the "supplies" skills are focused primarily for communes. Alchemy alone is perhaps the most used Trade skill in game, second being Herbs. Enchantments, while a necessaity, tend to not be as much in demand, with someone's enchantment lasting them quite some time until it decays. Enerycubes are needed yes, but I dont feel that really compares.

It used to be that enchantments etc. were forest only, and cities had a monopoly on enchantments, back before Glom. Most of the highly used alchemy products are in the base skill, such that cities now have access to them. Conversely, most of the more vital enchantments (cleanse, ignite, icewall, gust) are all elementalism enchantments.

If you wanna play the forest vs. communes game though, I'm up 
    :P
  • Clearly, this is heading straight for the old "Totems vs. Statues" argument, so let's kill it before it gets there.
    We are different from each other. This is not a bad thing.

• Cities rule, forests drool.
    I wouldn't have even gone there :C
  • I'd personally just prefer if trades were opened to all, but I dont see that happening.
  • Spellcrafting relies on skills in Cosmic and Elementalism. Like, half of them.
  • Well, it's not like it's hard to get your hands on the stuff from Lorecraft, even if you're in a city... Stocking shops with kegs is far far far easier to do than stocking shops with enchantments.
This discussion has been closed.