Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:

Drocilla said:

Morgfyre said:

Marcella said:

oh my god you even got vision-tools

wtb celest admin
    FYI, the sky can rain fire if you pay enough gold and pose enough creative initiative.
    Preach! Actually, don't even use any creativity, just throw words and vague concepts at us and we'll run with it in amazing, crazy ways that defy whatever you thought possible. 

"We'd like a new lounge in the inn please." 
    "Here, have a lounge! Now you're on a train, now the train is diamonds, now we're on a nightmare!"

We'll charge your org's credit card but you'll be so dazzled you won't miss the few mil the magic will cost.
    Vouching for this. Gaudi wanted a lottery box and we ended up with the Goblet of Fire.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Lorina said:

My luau outfit...

a bizarre watermelon-rind bra, a colourful wooden tiki mask, a sweet-smelling frangipani flower hair pin, a colourful lei necklace of crepe paper

YEAH BABY, YEEEEEEAAAAH. Thanks, @Saoirse!
    Btw, your pic doesn't appear for me so I clicked it and this popped up:
    O.O
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Saoirse said:

Lorina said:

My luau outfit...

a bizarre watermelon-rind bra, a colourful wooden tiki mask, a sweet-smelling frangipani flower hair pin, a colourful lei necklace of crepe paper

YEAH BABY, YEEEEEEAAAAH. Thanks, @Saoirse!
    Btw, your pic doesn't appear for me so I clicked it and this popped up:
    O.O
    Here you go.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:

Shaddus said:

Drocilla said:

Morgfyre said:

Marcella said:

wtb celest admin
    FYI, the sky can rain fire if you pay enough gold and pose enough creative initiative.
    Preach! Actually, don't even use any creativity, just throw words and vague concepts at us and we'll run with it in amazing, crazy ways that defy whatever you thought possible. 

"Here, have a lounge! Now you're on a train, now the train is diamonds, now we're on a nightmare!"

We'll charge your org's credit card but you'll be so dazzled you won't miss the few mil the magic will cost.
    Vouching for this. Gaudi wanted a lottery box and we ended up with the Goblet of Fire.
    That quote is exactly what we said.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Belated raves to the @Oneiroi for quickfixing the Mag history quest and manually helping a novice through them with me!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I'm curious as to who hit that as off topic.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Mean old Rheatsis.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:

Marcella said:

wtb celest admin
    Uh, you keep pissing theirs off.
    Not just theirs...

• Neos said:

Shaddus said:

Drocilla said:

Morgfyre said:

Marcella said:

wtb celest admin

*DID YA PUT YAH NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIYA
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Didn't mean to flag off-topic. Mean old Rheatsis browses here on her phone and touch screens are not very forums friendly.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shaddus is kind of a forums policeman.

No, it just pisses me off when people flag posts offtopic/spam/whatever out of spite.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Finally finished organizing one shop. One more to go! I also found this little gem, which makes me miss @Tacita even more:

My dear Shaper,

Even as it displeases me to see you depart His embrace, so do I rejoice
    in the knowledge that your soul is safely in the keeping of She to Whom
    it owes true fealty. That you have not departed His Childryn without
    communicating your reasons so fluidly and eloquently is testament to the
    depth to which you have considered the consequences of your betrayal.

Though I can, as you know and have said, never deny that what you have
    done is such, know that your betrayal is as a pinprick - for it is
    tempered by the knowledge that you have gone not only to His beloved
    Lady, but that you have done so in good grace.

May you walk fully into the arms of the Shroud of Beauty through your
    devotion to Her, and find your true place in His Amalgam.

Tacita An'Ryshe
    Sage of the Seven Shrouds
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I miss Tacita now. Damn you :(
  • Raves for delicious breakfast smoothies. Will post recipe soon!
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    Skirmishing on Earth to revolt to winning Rockholm and Ixthiaxa for the
    third time in a row. Jeez Hallifax, what is your deal lately. Did you do
    something with your hair?

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Never revolts at a good time for the gaudy squad. :(
    Yeah, there was like, an abnormal amount of people in Hallifax. At least 10 even.

Crumkane's dingbat Idol is gummy!

(Description when I get off work)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Everiine said:

Elanorwen said:

Turnus said:

Maybe if I make Drocillia patron she'll fix it and encrust the GH with diamonds. Hmmmm!

I see absolutely no down sides here.

The sparring area will be murder though. Trip and fall? Well, good luck getting them dents repaired.
    Would be easier to deal with than what we have now (seriously, we'll give or do anything to deal with this problem).
    Here is what you do with it:
    Stop doing the quest, let it run rampant, and wait for the inevitable complaints to trigger Something To Be Done.  Just don't tell anyone that this is what you are doing.  Also, scrub this forum post so nobody knows.
    ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT ZAMBIES

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Xenthos said:

Everiine said:

Elanorwen said:

Turnus said:

Maybe if I make Drocillia patron she'll fix it and encrust the GH with diamonds. Hmmmm!

The sparring area will be murder though. Trip and fall? Well, good luck getting them dents repaired.
    Would be easier to deal with than what we have now (seriously, we'll give or do anything to deal with this problem).
    Stop doing the quest, let it run rampant, and wait for the inevitable complaints to trigger Something To Be Done.  Just don't tell anyone that this is what you are doing.  Also, scrub this forum post so nobody knows.
    Tempting... tempting... except I think the blowback would be far too severe.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Xenthos said:

Everiine said:

Elanorwen said:

Turnus said:

Tempting... tempting... except I think the blowback would be far too severe.
    I think that's kind of the point. It's the Too Severe stuff that gets changed, when it's perceived that way.

It might not even be a Bad Thing (even if it is a negative consequence) if she actually gets released. For as long as I was Seren, I never even learned what happens if she's released. In fact, I only even learned she exists by stumbling across her accidentally when I was trying to work out the epic on my own...

It's one thing to say "We're saving you all from Doom(tm), always", and another thing entirely to show them the doom that is lurking just around the corner, once in a while. Negative things can actually be healthy, once in a while. Too much safety can be boring. The problem is when things go over-the-top. It sounds like your quest has long, long been too over-the-top, and nobody's having fun with it. So go do something else for a while that is, in fact, fun. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The punishment is really over the top. Suffice it to say, besides being a bad roleplay consequence, it also floods prime Seren, places passive carcer in flooded rooms, and unleashes aggro chasing mobs to attack people (including lowbies/midbies).
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I ditched my Serenguard alt because of that quest and it's bugginess. I understood why it was a part of advancement, but after having it screw up twice, I decided eff that noise.
  • One of my absolute favorite Lusty memories (though I'm kind of odd about some things, it could be just me raving about it), was the Ascension season where we had giant aggro bunnies running pretty much everywhere in Prime Seren, and every single one was more than capable of killing my then midbie-novice. We had days where where a few of us spent several hours completely burning ourselves out of willpower because the majority Prime Seren was constantly on fire, and all the big people were off somewhere else dealing with crazed divine doppelgangers running wild. These things brought the whole commune together in a way I haven't seen in years now. :)

My point is, when I'm telling younger characters about things like that, I'm just that crazy old lady talking about walking 20 miles to school, in a blizzard, and uphill both ways. A lot of that is stuff a bunch of people haven't even seen these days. It's harder for them to take seriously that things used to be very, very dangerous all the time, even on Prime. Even if that's just because our heroes are so damned good at protecting them.

If it really is too severe, I have the utmost faith in our admin that it will be dealt with promptly. RP consequences where it's "burnout doing this or else you're a bad person" aren't really fun RP at all. It's okay to make "RP mistakes" (i.e. your character just plain screws up once in a while) Danger, even extreme danger, can be enormously fun. :) Just run with it, and don't take it too seriously OOC.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Riluna said:

If it really is too severe, I have the utmost faith in our admin that it will be dealt with promptly. RP consequences where it's "burnout doing this or else you're a bad person" aren't really fun RP at all. It's okay to make "RP mistakes" (i.e. your character just plain screws up once in a while) Danger, even extreme danger, can be enormously fun. :) Just run with it, and don't take it too seriously OOC.

She has been released before (this is how we know what happens). Even within the last few months, she was at the stage before release, flooding the Serenwilde and spawning mobs. It was not pretty.

Truly, the only reason we have GR1 people do the quest for advancement is so that everyone knows how to do it, and when older players burnout, the younger players can keep it up.

As for being dealt with promptly... in the three years since the quest was released, we've complained on the forums, brought it up to all three Serenguard patrons we've had in that time, had more than one OOC conversation with patrons, send 2 emails to Support, and send an email to a patron.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But you also don't let it free!  So clearly it's not too much work... (only explanation I can come up with).
    Kinda sounds like they aren't listening. I'd seriously stop doing the quest and let Lady Floodsalot rampage until newbies keep dying and Estarra notices.
This discussion has been closed.