Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Enyalida said:

There was an unholy firestorm about the handling of that from inside Serenwilde. I, at least, tried to raise hell about the goings on, for various reasons.

EDIT: Or like.. when two members of Gaudi's council out-and-out said that they would not ever abide by the decisions of the rest of the council and would do their own thing no matter what because 'freedom'.

I vaguely remember that!

Not even getting into the Aleria drama Gaudi had over politics a loong time ago. It's what made me decide to stay solely with GA.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    So glad there's never any kind of political wrangling in Hallifax.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Daraius said:

Because no one has bothered trying to find the political wrangling form.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It's form 1672-B/2. Fill it out in triplicates and hand one copy in to the Emperor, one to the leader of your guild, and one to the Steward. They will then discuss your application to wrangle politics and get back to you in four to five months with their decision.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tremula said:

Daraius said:

Because no one has bothered trying to find the political wrangling form.
    Oh, they tried... but it's hidden quite well.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Or we just work it out in ways that don't spill over into OOC clans or the forums. Less rage, more concordance.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    Yeah. @Enya is still unhappy about it, because it involved her first husband (who turned out to be kind of a dick, but...) who ended up going to Glom and not playing anymore as a result. Blame the dickishness on moving to Glom, for an extra token on your Serenwilde bingo card.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Pretty sure Hallifax recently lost one of it's best players ever due to political wranglings, so I'm not sure how true that statement is

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Synkarin said:

Pretty sure Hallifax recently lost one of it's best players ever due to political wranglings, so I'm not sure how true that statement is

Was it me?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Was it @Elanorwen ;))
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It was me :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    Well, I didn't say there wasn't political drama, just that we're good enough about it that it doesn't end up on pastebin or the forums (ideally). (Hope I'm not wrong).

Except Synkarin's a tattle tale.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    less tattle-tale, more whistle-blower

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Snowdenkarin
  • There have been so many gods around and visible lately. It's neat.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited March 2015
    @Celina players grudging if an admin is too involved is a different situation, since we are talking about the current status of players having, illegibly, 'free control' over the organization. If the game status was that players were not able to flex and reform their orgs to fit their view (changing with each leadership it seems), then that wouldnt be the case.

I prefer orgs from games like WoW for example. They exist, people can enjoy their lore, and they have ways to interact, but players dont have the power to take command and do as they see it should be. My personal view again, but frankly I would see drama drop a massive amount if that was the case here as well. I wonder how many issues and problems the admins have had to deal with in their carreers from game politic victims and drama.

Edit: To bring up another example from a MUD. MKO had not too long ago made possible for players to be part of an NPC controlled city, but simply by name and could live there. They would be citizens, but the 'perks' of ministry positions and leadership did not exist. It actually functioned rather well and I believe (would have to go and check to make sure) that it currently is the highest population.
    Wtb scrumhogs as comms. Mmm, candied scrumhog bacon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I suppose when you're Crumkane, Pi Day lasts a whole week?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Arcanis said:

@Celina players grudging if an admin is too involved is a different situation, since we are talking about the current status of players having, illegibly, 'free control' over the organization. If the game status was that players were not able to flex and reform their orgs to fit their view (changing with each leadership it seems), then that wouldnt be the case.

I prefer orgs from games like WoW for example. They exist, people can enjoy their lore, and they have ways to interact, but players dont have the power to take command and do as they see it should be. My personal view again, but frankly I would see drama drop a massive amount if that was the case here as well. I wonder how many issues and problems the admins have had to deal with in their carreers from game politic victims and drama.

Edit: To bring up another example from a MUD. MKO had not too long ago made possible for players to be part of an NPC controlled city, but simply by name and could live there. They would be citizens, but the 'perks' of ministry positions and leadership did not exist. It actually functioned rather well and I believe (would have to go and check to make sure) that it currently is the highest population.

Erm, well....no. Players don't have free reign to do what they wish as the leader of an org. No single player has unilateral control over any org, the code doesn't even support a CL having unilateral control. Even kicking out a player of a certain rank can't be done by the CL. I'm pretty sure you just confusing "reforming orgs" with leadership styles. 
    Choco Thin? No thanks.
  • Flaniary. Give me all the flan.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Shaddus said:

Choco Thin? No thanks.

No all chocolate diet for you then, @Subotai.

I wish we could do stuff like change around ministries or governmental style, even if it was by no means unilateral (and it shouldn't be). 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:

I wish we could do stuff like change around ministries or governmental style, even if it was by no means unilateral (and it shouldn't be). 

Civilization VI: The Age of Ascension?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    In honor of the floodgates being opened on origami designs.

www.npr.org/2015/03/12/392568604/dont-you-dare-use-comprised-of-on-wikipedia-one-editor-will-take-it-out
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    That article made me make several angry noises.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
This discussion has been closed.