Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    Celina said:

WHY DID YOU DELETE THE DRAG QUEENS?!?!

Fiiiine. 

My tweet: Planning my return when Glom is allied with icky Celest and Hallifax is hard. 
    Icky? We gave you guys a bubble and a domoth. :(

We love you Glom, let us love you. Let Shikisune be a reality.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

Fiiiine. 

My tweet: Planning my return when Glom is allied with icky Celest and Hallifax is hard. 
    Technically it's not allied. There's a non-aggression pact in place. Sure, we help each other when goons come in to try and raid Glom, but it's got nothing to do with an alliance. On the other hand, I don't see what's icky about Hallifax. Half our pantheon has a pretty good history with two thirds of yours. Can only see that as something to build on. But hey... to each their own, I guess.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've decided that I like the Norns more than I like the Oneiroi.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Fiiiine. 

Technically it's not allied. There's a non-aggression pact in place. Sure, we help each other when goons come in to try and raid Glom, but it's got nothing to do with an alliance. On the other hand, I don't see what's icky about Hallifax. Half our pantheon has a pretty good history with two thirds of yours. Can only see that as something to build on. But hey... to each their own, I guess.
    It's more that playing with Hallifax means not playing with the group I like to play with who happen to been in Gaudi. Nothing against Hallifax! Except for Isune's affinity for rainbows. It clashes with my black everything. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That moment when you go looking for clothes in the laundry basket to dress in, then realize your loving wife/husband/life partner/significant other/cat actually put them away so you can stop living like you're a teenager again.
    edited March 2015
    Celina said:

Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Fiiiine. 

It's more that playing with Hallifax means not playing with the group I like to play with who happen to been in Gaudi. Nothing against Hallifax! Except for Isune's affinity for rainbows. It clashes with my black everything. 
    You could always go be an op-minati. I know it totally clashes with your established rp, but if you <3 the group that much, could be a solution.
    Celina said:

Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Fiiiine. 

Come to the dark side! We got parrots! And they're the most adorable things ever when babies. :D

On a more serious note... I get where you're coming from, but eh... the whole eaf'eramich situation with Gaudi is a bit tricky.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Blah blah blah no formal alliance blah blah blah NAPs blah blah blah guys we're totes allies blah blah blah Hail Hojo
    Shuyin said:

Lol technically not allied. Like comcast technically provides internet service.

It only entails a cessation of hostilities, nothing about either faction lending assistance to the other in any fashion, and events like domoths, revolts, flares, wild nodes, Ascension and defense of allied territories are excluded from the treaty itself and hostilities between the two nations during such is not considered a breach of contract. I wouldn't call this an alliance. Yeah, we choose to help each other on a personal level/basis... but hey, if Elanorwen sees someone murdering her grandmother, chances are she'll try and help, then look for ways to make the transgressor pay.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    Hah, yeah. That's what I told @Kamehameha IC (and the Seren leaders) when it came up.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait til Mag and Gaudu get in on it. Basin-wide harmony, yo.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    ... Why shouldn't they? Think about it, we distribute villages, bubbles and domoths equally, no one fights, and then the admin either go hai'gloh on us or are forced to release Ackleberry. It's foolproof!
  • edited March 2015
    Frankly drama in this game with politics will continue so long as players have total control over the Orgs as entities. That has always been a crux of IRE games and in its history has lead to the most drama and player fallout. Disagree if you like, but that's my opinion on the matter.

Edit: To clarify, one thing I liked with MKO cities was that each (except Sar-sargoth) had an NPC King/Queen in rule, whom basically could quell any situation or pass down any rulings. Does this give administrators more dominance over players? Probably, but i'd rather have a professional team upstairs making sure things go accordingly rather than having to trust players to do so.

Admittedly, players are still able to be elected to 'council' positions in the game, but im hoping this is a step in game politics.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I help Glom, because I totally have the hots for Rowena, /fanself
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tremula said:

...do you ever feel bad for the people that are asleep when forums drama happens, log in to read the threads, and randomly see a Norns/Oneiroi post and are just left to wonder? Made me giggle thinking about it just now.

I feel bad I was asleep, yes. I feel bad for me.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I don't even pay attention to politics, not worth the trouble anymore :-q
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Arcanis said:

Frankly drama in this game with politics will continue so long as players have total control over the Orgs as entities. That has always been a crux of IRE games and in its history has lead to the most drama and player fallout. Disagree if you like, but that's my opinion on the matter.

Edit: To clarify, one thing I liked with MKO cities was that each (except Sar-sargoth) had an NPC King/Queen in rule, whom basically could quell any situation or pass down any rulings. Does this give administrators more dominance over players? Probably, but i'd rather have a professional team upstairs making sure things go accordingly rather than having to trust players to do so.

Admittedly, players are still able to be elected to 'council' positions in the game, but im hoping this is a step in game politics.

Players have, historically, revolted when the admin try to dictate alliance or org direction. Forced village revolts like Stewartsville or when Angkrag magically turned from undead to living after Celest murdered the village repeatedly to win it were both met with a lot of sour reactions. Even Mag had a fit when Fain intervened after his shrine on Nil was taken down by Morg's posse (I think it was Morg's anyways). Drama happens when admin are heavy handed, or not involved at all. Drama happens because of players regardless of what the admin do. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Fiiiine. 

Come to the dark side! We got parrots! And they're the most adorable things ever when babies. :D

On a more serious note... I get where you're coming from, but eh... the whole eaf'eramich situation with Gaudi is a bit tricky.
    Yeah, all those eaf sandwiches we keep making. It's like we hand them out to novices out of the Portal along with enough credits to learn Stablemaster.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Elanorwen said:

Celina said:

Fiiiine. 

Yeah, all those eaf sandwiches we keep making. It's like we hand them out to novices out of the Portal along with enough credits to learn Stablemaster.
    One is one too many.

And the situation really isn't all that 'tricky' for anyone, lol. Either a) be logical and condemn the individual, not the org, b) get over it and get back to skipping through the meadows with us, or c) sit with someone else during lunch period - Gaudiguch reeeaaally doesn't caaare.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:

And the situation really isn't all that 'tricky' for anyone, lol. Either a) be logical and condemn the individual, not the org, b) get over it and get back to skipping through the meadows with us, or c) sit with someone else during lunch period - Gaudiguch reeeaaally doesn't caaare.

If you say so. Were I still on the shadow court, there'd certainly be some level of opposition. Just because you guys don't care doesn't mean the other side doesn't too. As to condemning the individual... what's next? Hey, so-and-so from Glom went and raided fleshpots with Hallifax, but we'll ignore it because it was just that one person and we'll keep our alliance all friendly-like despite members of their commune colluding with our enemies to harm us? That'll work.

edited March 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Eritheyl said:

If you say so. Were I still on the shadow court, there'd certainly be some level of opposition. Just because you guys don't care doesn't mean the other side doesn't too. As to condemning the individual... what's next? Hey, so-and-so from Glom went and raided fleshpots with Hallifax, but we'll ignore it because it was just that one person and we'll keep our alliance all friendly-like despite members of their commune colluding with our enemies to harm us? That'll work.
    Raiding fleshpots ~= killing fae, no matter how much anyone tries to equate the two. And I never said that 'since we don't care they shouldn't care either', so...yeah. The point was more to make the decision and live with it, what's done is done. Ergo, back to the original point, the situation is not tricky.

-

• Eritheyl said:

Well, to be fair, when we did a) and enemied the people who created eafs, Gaudiguch got really annoyed and it essentially lead to the dissolution of the alliance. Granted, odds are it would've happened anyway, but... yeah.
    Eritheyl said:

Elanorwen said:

Eritheyl said:

Raiding fleshpots ~= killing fae, no matter how much anyone tries to equate the two. And I never said that 'since we don't care they shouldn't care either', so...yeah. The point was more to make the decision and live with it, what's done is done. Ergo, back to the original point, the situation is not tricky.
    Fine, killing Vortex entities. Pretty sure that's still a pretty solid offense, and we're starting to split hairs at this point.

edited March 2015
    Ssaliss said:

Eritheyl said:

Well, to be fair, when we did a) and enemied the people who created eafs, Gaudiguch got really annoyed and it essentially lead to the dissolution of the alliance. Granted, odds are it would've happened anyway, but... yeah.
    So it's still not tricky at all, just politics as usual :P

I'm mostly upset that my entire dealing over the matter with Crek was 'ABOMINATION, ENEMY, STORM AWAY FROM FLAME' and then a lot of OOC clan 'Oh sorry you know I have to do my job etc etc'. Not exactly an engaging or worthwhile plot point, but to each his own. I did, however, have a lot of fun with @Ssaliss, @Xenthos, @Rialorm and co. during the unenemy process, so there was that.

-

Funny story. Once upon a time, Seren and Celest formed Celenwilde, and a member of Seren leadership (Sadie, Shofangi GM I think) raided the Supernals. Seren's argument to Celest was basically "That wasn't us, just blame her. We can't do anything about it." It's on the public news somewhere. Was a fun time!

Unfortunately "blame the individual, not the org," only works if the org the individual belongs to punishes/restrains the individual. If they don't, kind of like how Mag did with Munsia when she was being a turd in the punchbowl during Glom/Mag alliance, things tend to fall apart because it's kind of silly for any org's leadership to deny accountability for their own members. 

Man I have so many stories. I am old. 
    Celina said:

Man I have so many stories. I am old. 
    I was a baby back then, but oh, I can still remember the Seren-infighting. It was glooorious.

-

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    There was an unholy firestorm about the handling of that from inside Serenwilde. I, at least, tried to raise hell about the goings on, for various reasons.

EDIT: Or like.. when two members of Gaudi's council out-and-out said that they would not ever abide by the decisions of the rest of the council and would do their own thing no matter what because 'freedom'.
This discussion has been closed.