Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Put it in a rack.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Was hunting with 23 dexterity today. Fun times.

• Talan said:

Qistrel said:

4/5 prophecies from the Necromentate agree: "THE WYRD AND THE TAINT ARE AS ONE."

Why does it keep telling me that? Silly undeadbrainthing. I wanted to hear a bunch of different ones.

I would love it if they changed the prophecies more frequently, but it's hard to know when it's appropriate to use them.

For example, they could be more pertinent to current org politics (internal or external), but it's always dicey when admin introduce firm stances on these things, and they know that, and only tend to poke that bear for Reasons and on occasion. They could also change them up to include more fundamental precepts, but at this point all the orgs are fairly firmly entrenched in their RP and new information could be confounding. ("What do you mean 'harmony is the natural order'? Nature is chaos! This makes no sense!") They also have a reputation of only changing for BIG EVENTS and a lot of the month-to-month implementation of quests and new areas mightn't qualify. "Lo, it is prophesied that Jeff in the mountains now has a convoluted quest to collect turnips and caterpillars! Go forth!" ... just doesn't seem like the kind of message that merits the many-hours of carefully timed work to receive.

But, since people are pursing epics fairly regularly anyway... yeah, I wouldn't mind if they loosened it up a bit.
    There's also just the problem with the length of those quests and the unlikely-hood that the line is anywhere commiserate with with the time investment to get it. That won't always be the case, but too often it feels like some NPC is yelling at you to hurry up and spend 9+ hours for something that is going to be vague to the point that you'd rather kill the NPC.
  • Everiine said:

Walking around Deepnight, it occurs to me again just how ambitious @Richter was in its idea and construction. It reminds me of a time when people didn't view the mechanics of the game as hinderances. "The code won't do that / it's not in the game" were foreign concepts, and everyone dreamed big. Players don't have the control to create a new city and build a new nexus of power? So what! Dream big! Maybe something will happen. Design what you want, play how you want, dream how you want, and let the rest sort itself out.

And it occurs to me that some of what was dreamed for Deepnight has become a reality with Homesteads.

I remember talking with him right before the first ascension, where he hoped he could become a god an turn Deepnight into a real City. He even won a Seal, I don't even know if any rogues have done that since.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• What is deepNight? A manse?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Deepnight was at one time the biggest manse in existance. Richter has gone on to be a bigwig in the company that makes Minecraft, but he had the dream of making an aethercity with its own nexus.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If he had that kind of coding knowhow and business savvy, it's no wonder he could afford a project like Deepnight.

To clarify, this is not in any way meant to be disparaging, I'm legitimately impressed.
  • I logged into Serenwilde, then did ctells full. Lol nope, I'm out.
  • Milune said:

I logged into Serenwilde, then did ctells full. Lol nope, I'm out.

Sad thing is, it's even worse on the combat clan.
    The playa you love to hate
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And now, of course, the rest of us want details we know we can't have.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can have them, just offer enough credits.
    High ranked seren attacks Glom. Higher ranked tells him to chill out when Celestifax is around. Person A freaks out and talks crap, gets cdfd by person B.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Excellent, now do a shady pastebin so we can live vicariously through the drama.
    Sorry, I have rules. I think.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:

High ranked seren attacks Glom. Higher ranked tells him to chill out when Celestifax is around. Person A freaks out and talks crap, gets cdfd by person B.

Heh, high ranked Seren.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2015
    One of my favourite ambients from Mag:

Lain, the Lamplighter twirls her fingers atop her open palm, conjuring a single flickering flame. With a grin, she snaps her palm into a fist and extinguishes the flame.

The pale flame in a gas lamp flickers and dies out, leaving the lamp post dark.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'd like to just have everyone keep in mind that one person being unreasonably rough with an org, does not entirely represent the org. I'm fairly disappointed to be honest. But, its not very comforting when most of the Serenwilde Council refuses to do anything, and we have our CL absent for unfortunate reasons.

I hope you're doing okay @Niina. We're all thinking about you.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • edited March 2015
    Oh god nevermind
    The playa you love to hate
  • Lol Seren. TIA.
  • edited March 2015
    "I know how to hurt my enemy, I'll grab several bags of salt and place flame sigils on them, then go and drop them around earth and nil. That'll show them how cool I am!".

Really..we've degraded to this?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:

"I know how to hurt my enemy, I'll grab several bags of salt and place flame sigils on them, then go and drop them around earth and nil. That'll show them how cool I am!".

And this affects you how, exactly? Ignore and move on... or if it bothers you THAT much, get an enchanter to undo the flame sigils.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    The salty thing wasn't funny before, it's still not funny now.

Just saying, as an outside party.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'll disagree, I'm getting a few cheap giggles out of this. Maybe it's because I've been awake all day.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I liked @Yarith's pun, at least. Which is odd because @Portius ruined puns for me multiple times over.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I like the heads. I get to do this:

You give a hunting trophy bearing Enadonella's head a peck on the cheek.
    Tremula said:

One of my favourite ambients from Mag:

Lain, the Lamplighter twirls her fingers atop her open palm, conjuring a single flickering flame. With a grin, she snaps her palm into a fist and extinguishes the flame.

The pale flame in a gas lamp flickers and dies out, leaving the lamp post dark.

I saw that yesterday and was like 'ooooooooooooooooooo'.

• Yarith said:

Arcanis said:

Head trophies at nexii.
    Just ignore it lol. It's not that insalting.
    If you think that's in-Sultin, you should go for h'Rass -- unless you scratch her.
    </RANT>
This discussion has been closed.