Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It was fun (even outnumbered as per usual) until the game decided to up the difficulty.

Ah well, can't win 'em all.
  • edited April 2015
    I think we had the same number, actually.

Kaimanahi, Azula, Elanorwen, Maligorn, Saoirse, Taevyn, Yarith, Aeden, Lorina - 9

Lavinya, Vadi, Viynain, Cauthorn, Silvanus, Shuyin, Steingrim, Malarious, Alary. - 9

At least that was on my last copy/paste from scent.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

•  who won? Was it just hallifax versus Celest or did mags get involved?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I wasn't there for most of it! Just at the end. Also you missed Kalliste and Yurika from your side. So that would be uneven :)

• edited April 2015
    Just missing Kalliste from that list, it looks like. Fun times, though the hiccups are painful. The summoning game is strong these days.

Did I completely miss seeing Yurika there? Hmm!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Taevyn said:

I think we had the same number, actually.

Kaimanahi, Azula, Elanorwen, Maligorn, Saoirse, Taevyn, Yarith, Aeden, Lorina - 9

Lavinya, Vadi, Viynain, Cauthorn, Silvanus, Shuyin, Steingrim, Malarious, Alary. - 9

At least that was on my last copy/paste from scent.

Yurika stands an Aeon tarot on her palm and blows it at you.
    Your speed defence is destroyed.

Kalliste whispers your name under her breath as she chants, and you suddenly feel drained and 
    muddled.
  • Ah, I didn't even know Yurika was there. >.> And yeah Kalliste was there too.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Taevyn said:

Ah, I didn't even know Yurika was there. >.> And yeah Kalliste was there too.

That's cause Yurika and Yarith joined near the end too so they weren't around for most of it either.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Either Lusternia implemented RFC 857 in the last 12 hours or I'm completely oblivious and it's been longer, but either way, WOO!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Altrea said:

Either Lusternia implemented RFC 857 in the last 12 hours or I'm completely oblivious and it's been longer, but either way, WOO!

Wassat?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus: Telnet echo. If your client supports it, your password should no longer be displayed when you enter it (and on MUSHclient at the very least, won't be in your command history.)

I need to see if they've added any other telopts in. Time to fire up Wireshark!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You preach to Undermind Iquaotmil, the Counter of the great glory and goodness found by those who follow the Light, and that New Celest is the bastion of the blessed.
    Undermind Iquaotmil, the Counter slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, the Village of Ixthiaxa should follow the Holy Principality of New Celest after all!
    Shouts rise up from the Village of Ixthiaxa, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Holy Principality of New Celest.

Woo final influence
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Was super stoked to log in to this:

2015/04/18 00:12:16 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Daunte's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 00:49:00 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Taevyn's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 02:12:06 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Saoirse's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 02:45:15 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kalliste's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 04:41:11 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaimanahi's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 06:04:30 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaimanahi's ruthless efforts to secure a domoth are spoken of often.
    2015/04/18 06:13:30 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Taevyn's ruthless efforts to secure a domoth are spoken of often.
    2015/04/18 06:26:34 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Saoirse's ruthless efforts to secure a domoth are spoken of often.
    2015/04/18 06:36:11 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kalliste's ruthless efforts to secure a domoth are spoken of often.
    2015/04/18 08:54:35 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Saoirse's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaimanahi's pious and continued service to the House's patron brings much honour to the family.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaimanahi serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xena serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Rayen serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Saoirse serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Faragan serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Taevyn serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Chakraja serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Raeri serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it.
    2015/04/18 11:02:19 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our family is known for their good breeding.
    2015/04/18 12:39:15 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Taevyn's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 13:05:26 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Taevyn's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 14:51:08 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Saoirse's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 17:35:20 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 17:49:31 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaimanahi's ruthless efforts to claim village territories are spoken of often.
    2015/04/18 17:50:44 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 17:52:28 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 17:53:34 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 17:55:23 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 17:56:31 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaimanahi's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2015/04/18 17:58:00 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 17:59:47 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:00:42 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:03:01 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:05:00 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:05:41 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:07:16 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:10:01 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:10:42 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:11:23 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:12:27 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:13:18 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:15:46 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:18:07 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:20:35 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:24:32 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:27:35 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:30:13 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:31:02 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:32:54 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:34:15 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:38:08 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:40:29 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:41:14 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 18:42:27 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed.
    2015/04/18 22:33:30 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Daunte's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
  • I got to help put out forest fires today. That was pretty cool. I felt like Smokey the Bear. If Smokey the Bear was not a bear at all, but instead was an elfen.
  • Renna said:

I got to help put out forest fires today. That was pretty cool. I felt like Smokey the Bear. If Smokey the Bear was not a bear at all, but instead was an elfen.

You should get a Tae'dae to help, but make sure he had a hat and pants. but no shirt. xD

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Woo:

The floor shakes as you fire a blast that slams into Ilhar [Ilhar].
    Ilhar [Ilhar] suddenly collapses on herself!
    Ilhar has been destroyed by The Great Arachnid.

It feels good to get last hits on something. >.>
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited April 2015
    I want to know how low my superfast fink shooting got you guys.

Also, in case people think the battle was one-sided, a bit before the above:
    Gargoyle [Gargoyle] fires a blast into Engine [Engine].
    Engine [Engine] suddenly collapses on herself!
    Engine has been destroyed by Gargoyle.
    Xenthos has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Eliron has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Celina has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Illidaen has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Athree has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Siam has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.

• What was really annoying Siam activated the Nyx, but it wasn't in the Ring, and no one realised this until Lerad came along and pointed this out. And so then I got into the colossus to move it to the ring and then it exploded(we claimed frostica). I spent the entire thing basically whining that I couldn't Focus. Gaah.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Qistrel said:

I want to know how low my superfast fink shooting got you guys.

Also, in case people think the battle was one-sided, a bit before the above:
    Gargoyle [Gargoyle] fires a blast into Engine [Engine].
    Engine [Engine] suddenly collapses on herself!
    Engine has been destroyed by Gargoyle.
    Xenthos has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Eliron has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Celina has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Illidaen has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Athree has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.
    Siam has died in the imploded wreckage of Engine.

I don't know if Engine even has a shield.  We were just using it to break the seal on the dock so we could whistle our own ships in (which worked, pretty psyched about that).  It definitely has really tiny health.  It was pretty obvious to me we were going to die in it. :P

Ilosia has a lot more health and good shielding / arties though, it wasn't in any real trouble at all.  Stayed above 2/3 the whole time.  If you had had one-two more turrets it would have been a different story (and much closer)!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Don't you just love when someone steals your ships and flies them away into space before the Aetherflare starts so your city doesn't have any ships?

The pettiness and shittiness of some people in this game is just mind blowing.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited April 2015
    Silvanus said:

Don't you just love when someone steals your ships and flies them away into space before the Aetherflare starts so your city doesn't have any ships?

The pettiness and shittiness of some people in this game is just mind blowing.
    Don't think anyone did that, actually.  Your ships were still there after it started, and we only flew one of them (left "Shuttle1" behind at the dock) for a very specific purpose.
    We have plenty of ships.

I'm talking about our ship at the dock at Magnagora, the one we used to go to the bubbles. Shuttles are all minimum hull.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited April 2015
    Silvanus said:

We have plenty of ships.

I'm talking about our ship at the dock at Magnagora, the one we used to go to the bubbles. Shuttles are all minimum hull.
    ... wait, someone actually ran off with your main battleships from the Magnagora dock?  I... what?  Why?

Edit: That said, we had someone doing that in Glomdoring a few months ago, pretty much every flares... we had to restrict who had access to the ships by a huge degree to keep them from getting abused.  It's really frustrating. :(
    Xenthos said:

Silvanus said:

We have plenty of ships.

... wait, someone actually ran off with your main battleships from the Magnagora dock?  I... what?  Why?
    This happened to Glom in the past. Someone kept imploding our ships. We had to keep changing the perms eventually.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    (Some of the Mag ships still let on Serenwilders)
    Yeah, I've changed the perms now to all our modules. It sucks for people who want to learn, but this is the price we pay for playing with some petty assholes who want to ruin the game for everyone else.
    Start a witch hunt and lynch the offenders!

#bringShikariback 

You know, now that it's mentioned, Shuttle1 wasn't on the bubble when we got there.  We only had access to Engine.  Then Arcanis arrived on the bubble and we had access to Shuttle1.

If that's the one you're referencing, Arcanis flew it to the bubble and left it there when he saw us standing on the ground.
    The only Mag ship that had broken perms was Engine, because it was given by Caighan a long time ago and never bothered to be in rotation, all the rest the perms have been set to Magnagora only for a long long time (besides shuttle1 which had members of Glomdoring still).

So yeah, rave for doing that on a hungover Sunday morning!
    Silvanus said:

Yeah, I've changed the perms now to all our modules. It sucks for people who want to learn, but this is the price we pay for playing with some petty assholes who want to ruin the game for everyone else.

This was marked as abuse?

Abuse against who? Was it because I said the word assholes?
This discussion has been closed.