Simple questions?

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    As an addendum to Tremula's comment, targeted emotes DO work in prefatory emotes. So, "em (Looking at ^xanward_him with wide, disbelieving eyes,) says to ^xanward "You did WHAT?" = "Looking at him with wide, disbelieving eyes, Tremula says to Xanward "You did WHAT?"
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • THis have been informative, thanks....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited May 2015
    So, I'm thinking about reincarnating into dwarf.

All I'd be losing compared to guardian dracnari is 1 point in strength and 1 point in dex.

On the other hand I'd gain some resistances A.N.D. I'd get rid of that effing sip malus. Dwarfs have that lvl 1 eq malus, but do I really need eq a lot as warrior?

(As far as character goes, whether I'm a beer-loving axe-swinging dracnari or dwarf makes little difference imho; dwarf might fit even better tbh.)

Opinions? Can a lil' dwarfy work as Axelord (beating everyone up who makes jokes about me height) or would that point lost in str/dex matter?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Honestly, I doubt you'll see the difference in a single stat point in either stat. I think the dwarf racial bonus to axes will end up beating out the loss, or at least making it equal. The other thing is drunk dwarf damage resistance. Right now (not sure about overhaul) it's really easy to give yourself high levels of damage resistance while still being able to function.

personally, I'd say go for it.
  • How does raising your alcohol tolerance work?

Can I only make it go up once per IG month? I only get the message "your tolerance is rising" once per month, even if I drink more and more..
  • Yep, only once per IG month (or if it's RL day).
  • Thanks!
  • As I understand it, damage source is being removed.

So my wildechord attack is cold/divinus with a magic source.

Should I not bother with a magical damage rune, or am I misunderstanding how the changes work?
  • Damage bonuses will still exist in a 10 level system going to 13 with artifacts.

What the plan is for the magical damage rune specifically, however, I'm unsure at this time.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do the snowmen/icelords on Frostician and the peeps/gingerbread dudes on Crumkindivia count as fae for the purposes of design commodities?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I know you can use peeps as commodities in designs. I don't know for certain about the others but i would guess that it is likely.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Portius said:

Do the snowmen/icelords on Frostician and the peeps/gingerbread dudes on Crumkindivia count as fae for the purposes of design commodities?

Probe one and see if they count fae as one of their nouns.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Are building Stratagems affected by aeon/sap/stun?
  • I don't think STRATAGEM ADD is, but I'm sure actually executing them is.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I don't think STRATAGEM ADD is, but I'm sure actually executing them is.
    Thanks!

I figured executing them was subject to those. Was just wondering if I could build/'stratagem add' with those affs.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Is using the war shrine power Vendetta standard procedure before going off to a conflict, or will it only work in the area that it's called from?

• I think it's only works in the area?
    But I might be wrong.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    HELP SHRINES has the powers split between are and personal for your convenience. Personal powers (such as vendetta) are not area based, but based on the person.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Question: How on earth do you use the goop clipboard to write on a selected page? It keeps writing on page 1 no matter what. Do I need to bookmark first?

•  Where is Lirangsha?

• It's supposedly outside of the Basin, right? Unless I'm mixing it up with some other area. There's a hot-air balloon you can use to get to it in the Inner Sea, but that quest used to be buggy. There are also quite a few pathways and rifts to Lirangsha nowadays, and of course, you can ask around to see if someone has the curio set that leads to it. I can bring you there if you want, just ask me when you see me around.

• edited May 2015
    Lavinya said:

Question: How on earth do you use the goop clipboard to write on a selected page? It keeps writing on page 1 no matter what. Do I need to bookmark first?

I recall from talking to Portius and testing with his clipboard that you have to use the old syntax, 'write X at desk on page Y', but the command will work in the absence of a chair and desk
    Confirming that Zitto remembers correctly, and that as far as I can tell all other variations on WRITE BOOK either write on page 1 or don't write at all. Am not sure if this is working as intended.
  • Would be better to just remove the "at desk" part of the syntax, and just check if there's a desk in the room with you...
    So here's a library thing that I don't understand even after all my years of librarification. What causes the growth score to go up? There's been a bunch of approvals in the past day, both for Halli and Glom. Both of our growth scores on LIBRARIES are zero and nobody has fastest growing on CULTURE. It's been a weave change since the books were approved, so it can't update at the weave, and it clearly doesn't update as soon as books are approved. So what does it, if anyone knows?

@Kalnid because if anyone knows it'll probably be him.

• Portius said:
    So here's a library thing that I don't understand even after all my years of librarification. What causes the growth score to go up? There's been a bunch of approvals in the past day, both for Halli and Glom. Both of our growth scores on LIBRARIES are zero and nobody has fastest growing on CULTURE. It's been a weave change since the books were approved, so it can't update at the weave, and it clearly doesn't update as soon as books are approved. So what does it, if anyone knows?

@Kalnid because if anyone knows it'll probably be him.
    Darque Magyyks.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So is there any sort of sheathe/scabbard/frogge that can sheathe a needle? I'm tired of having to relax grip after every time I finish tattooing someone, so that I can draw my chain. I know I can just make an alias (and I will) but, scabbards were meant to stop you needing to do this! Heh.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Lerad said:
    It's supposedly outside of the Basin, right? Unless I'm mixing it up with some other area. There's a hot-air balloon you can use to get to it in the Inner Sea, but that quest used to be buggy. There are also quite a few pathways and rifts to Lirangsha nowadays, and of course, you can ask around to see if someone has the curio set that leads to it. I can bring you there if you want, just ask me when you see me around.
    Geographically, it's west of the Basin of Life. There's an ocean or small sea separating the two continents.

• Is there any way to find out what NPC organisation correlates with your enemy status on STAT? Because.. I'm apparently enemied to one where I have no idea what that is and I'm totally stuck in trying to find out (that one being 'Alakar').

Any ideas?
  • From POLITICS ALAKAR:

***********************POLITICS OF THE I'XIIA ASYLUM***********************
             Sphere of Influence:
                 Village Leaders: Alakar i'Xiia
                      Serenwilde: Neutral
                      Glomdoring: Neutral
                          Celest: Neutral
                       Magnagora: Neutral
                       Gaudiguch: Neutral
                        Hallifax: Neutral
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------