Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Silea said:

But if they showed up, yeah I hit them so I wouldn't die.

That's my motto. While I recognize lowbies will often come up for those cfs and I don't go out of my way to target them, show up to brawl and you're a legit target. I dropped someone from level 63 to 62 the other day, felt a bit bad about it because losing a level to three of my balances sucks, but so does getting hit with vines

That being said, on the other hand I'm happy to see lowbies getting involved in defense and even some offense. Means there's a new crop for their orgs to forge into the next Celina.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:

2. There's no such thing as a casual raider. If you raid, you're fair game any time, any where. Don't get upset when it happens, just suck it up and make it worth being killed.

You can be a casual combatant, only fighting when there's defence or the occasional domoth brawl. As soon as you start raiding, though, you break out of casual mode and into open territory (why I avoid it like the Black Plague). Excellent advice, Shaddus, would rate 8/8.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh, and yeah. Don't let Subby know you raided Glom. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Perfectly aware I am subject to PK now. .-.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • You know @Silea, I really don't care that you suddenly decided to show that brief interest in PK. Actually, I'm happy for it - a lot of people are too timid for it, but you just threw yourself right in there and took a honkin' bite out of life. However, your attitude to follow is what really disgruntled me.

First you pretended to defend Glomdoring, then attacked us when we met enemy forces. That's okay. It was actually kind of cool, in a 'That was really unexpected!' sort of way. But then after that, I suppose you weren't getting the rise you wanted from Glomdoring, so you continued antagonizing at every opportunity. Blocking me from completing turn-in quests, for attention? Sending tells that you're disappointed over not getting enemied to Manteekan's Order, for attention? And now this whole pretending to have other reasons and defending yourself with vitriol, it's just...very petulant. I don't understand what you want here.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • So uh. Being hunted is unpleasant. When I was a younger player I had this happen a lot(in other games), cause I was obnoxious, and it was all well-deserved. Could still be true, but...

Complaining about it doesn't make it go away, and it doesn't make you feel better. If you can't resolve the situation in-character, I've found there's roughly a 99% chance you can't solve it out of character, either. So what's the point? Do something constructive instead:

-Try to learn each time from being attacked, even if it's just how to run more effectively. 

-Make it fun for yourself somehow. Personally, I like taunting people(politely, at least as Keth) who threaten or jump me, cause talking about it in-character reduces the legitimate stress of being attacked. Most of the time, it makes no difference what you say anyway, as far as whether it happens again... so why not? Tell yo'mama jokes. 

-Play a different character for a while.

Just... don't... complain on the forums? Food for thought and all?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But... but... what would we do if we didn't complain on the forums?!
  • No one is mad if you get into PK people get mad when you're petty as fuck.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Xenthos said:

But... but... what would we do if we didn't complain on the forums?!

It would take away a lot of my daily entertainment, that's true.

• edited May 2015
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    So... What do I do with 1000+ credits? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Give them to your favourite grandpup (re: the one who got engaged)

edited May 2015
    Paying credits for great-grandpups.
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:

Paying credits for great-grandpups.

Hello. Is it me you're looking for? #LionelRichie
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Daraius said:

On a more serious note: aethershop. A room off to the side with tea-suitable furniture and a stasis gem.
  • Shaddus said: No offense, but that's not what snubbing is for. Considering you're guild security, enemying and unenemying people is part of your job. Enemying someone and then snubbing them so you don't have to listen to them complain or try and appeal it is bass-ackwards. /shaddus

1) She wasn't trying to repeal her enemy status, she was trying to get a rise out of him. He's snubbed all of two people total, well, on purpose. Not "someon he's just enemied" as that's usually fairly pointless IME. The others were him confusing Oblivious command with snub and where undone ASAP.
    2)Tylwyth won't unenemy anyone without someone from the the Shadow Courts say so(which is bigger than just the people listed in help glomdoring) anyways. So appealing to him is fairly pointless, he WILL listen, but he will be forwarding any such requests to someone in the Court rather than making a descision himself. Well, until a Court member tells him he can otherwise.
    3)Never heard any rules to why you snub, or who you can snub, other than an IC "don't snub the Court members", which is more a practical matter.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Shaddus said:

Daraius said:

On a more serious note: aethershop. A room off to the side with tea-suitable furniture and a stasis gem.
    That's actually a great idea.

Nah, no sense being my own competition. GST is already the basin's premier tea shop. 
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:

Nah, no sense being my own competition. GST is already the basin's premier tea shop. 

You could do a franchise thing, connect it to someother city/comunes aetherportal, etc....

Daraius said:

There's plenty of sense in expanding your clientele ;)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2015
    Alternatively, Viravain:

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Yessss, Elza.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Freaking @Saoirse is making a scene and trying to get me killed. We're not off-peak raiding, I swear. :(
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Kaimanahi said:

Freaking @Saoirse is making a scene and trying to get me killed. We're not off-peak raiding, I swear. :(

Our whole conversation there was 'What on Nil are they doing?' 'I dunno, popping in and out.'

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Lavinya said:

Kaimanahi said:

Our whole conversation there was 'What on Nil are they doing?' 'I dunno, popping in and out.'
    She kept autowalking inside... and then to "punish" me for laughing at her, she (stupidity yelled and) left me there.
  • edited May 2015
    Time for a vacation. 
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Ah, the monthly meltdown.
This discussion has been closed.