No-Stat Race System

Comments

• bearhug as it exists now , like dracnari fire breath at tier 1 would be great.
  • - Tae'dae do double damage to anyone holding a pot of honey.

- Tae'dae's summoning resistance is reduced to a negative value if the summoner holds a pot of honey.

- If someone holding a pot of honey is standing in an adjacent room to a tae'dae, said tae'dae will auto-move to the person and bearhug them automatically and repeatedly.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Daraius said:

I kinda like the thematic implications of the famed loboshigaru loyalty translating to a general impression of trustworthiness, even if it's a little weird going from all-around crappy influencer to empowering champ.

Realtalk, I didn't look closely at loboshigaru til you said this.

Incoming lobobard. I will be true grandpup.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Baelor said:

• Dracnari
      • Tier 1 reworked. Now grants 1/4 psychic resistance and BREATHE FIRE. This can melt icewalls at the same balance speed as an ignite enchant.
      • Tier 5 trait: Breath of Dracnoris. BREATHE FIRE now also burns away briar and thorn walls as well as its current effect, balance speed increased. Breath of Dracnoris grants an automatic passive lighting of pipes, and when attacking another player has a % chance to breathe fire at the target, causing fire damage and inflicting them with ablaze.
    Does that mean it'll be a longer balance to ignite briars/icewalls than an ignite enchantment? I don't see much reason to extend the balance there because it brings it more in line with ignite's current functionality. If the balance is longer, then Dracnari will just end up using an ignite enchantment anyway.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    'Increased speed' probably means 'decreased recovery time'.
    probably, but probably isn't a 'yes' so clarification please!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    How much is the orclach offerings bonus? Not that it's a huge deal since esteem stomps corpse offerings, but I'm curious.

I really, really would like to know the numbers behind the regen tiers. It's going to make or break several of these races. If level 10 is the equivalent to level 3 now, it's going to suck. If lobo regen is actually more akin to an extra sip or something, it's a big racial incentive.
    Regen can be stopped in PK settings, so it's limited in that regard

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Qistrel said:

Tae'dae can substitute honey for bromides. :D

Only if us mugwump folks get CATCHFLY sparkleberries!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited May 2015
    Balance recovery will be quicker with Breath of Dracnoris, should make that clearer. It'll be faster than using an ignite.

The offerings bonus was going to be in the low region considering it's only a tier 3, somewhere between a 5-10% bonus, certainly no more than a full weight offerings tattoo. You're not going to be able to go Orclach and do an hour of bashing and have a bonus large enough to cover your truefavour quota for #insertDivineofchoicehere.

Can't go into specifics on regen right now, but 10/10 is larger than current level 3. I spoke with Estarra on this and when regen is finalised if any of the traits are underwhelming we will go back and address them..

Bearhug will be doing large amounts of asphyxiation damage, akin to most high damage attacks and certainly more significant than it deals now, as well as giving what will be a heavy blunt chest wound affliction without the need for wounds on the target, it doesn't need further improvements.
  • Do you get any sleep Baelor?
  • We are asking for non demigod taedae to be able to do a very weak bearhug.
  • I seemed to have missed an 'offering bonus'. Not sure that makes sense that some races make better order members than others.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's for orclach, because death.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:

It's for orclach, because death.

Yes, that makes perfect logical sense.... oh wait.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited May 2015
    Alright, thank you for the fast replies, I'll go through them below with any adjustments announced in each note.
    • There have been concerns about the strength of Embrace Death, changed to 1/8 at 90% with an additional level per 20% (up from 15%) capping out at 5/10 (down from 6/10) at 10% (previously 15%) health.
    • Taurian enrage can be adjusted to a higher % due to the unpredictable nature of the ability. The % chance racials were all designed at the same number, but due to the double (arguably triple) RNG of Enrage, I'm considering an increase up to 10%.
    • Furrikin can have different levels of bonuses to different skills. General feedback I've been getting is that ROLL is fine, but to tone down SLIP to a level between writhe and contort.
    • Taking Viynain's suggestions for the weapon races, Dwarves gain bonus resistance to elemental movement effects, Igasho will gain a bonus to their warmth modifier, Illithoid gain a 2/10 regeneration to health underground. Kephera will gain a 1/10 regeneration to health and ego while underground. Krokani will have the EQ of Observe/Glance removed. Orclach gain a bonus to corpse offering. Tae'dae gain a 1/10 ego regeneration.
    • Humans with the HEALING tertiary active gain a 2/10 regeneration to health.
    • Dracnari BREATHE FIRE will be functional in all environments. While fire in the world outside may be dependant on oxygen, Dracnari fire is not.

Short of any major objections, this will be added to the changes along with those listed above, and submitted at the end of today.
    Absolutely great, @Baelor. Raising the Taurian proc rate would be better considering the two levels of probability it has to go through to fire, and I worry about the comparability this race would have when looked at with the other choices.

For Furrikin agreed - ROLL by itself wasn't so much the factor in question, but SLIP that could be looked at to better balance it out.

For Orclach it's good that the demiperk is re-evaluated a bit more to scale it better for overall perk comparison. @Estarra may have mixed feelings in that this might make them better order members, but this perk wasn't crafted with that in mind. A non-order member Orclach could offer to any Divine and, because of their cultural sensitivity to death, may offer corpses with more reverence, yielding a better essence rate than most other races regardless of their order status..

If, however, this logic doesn't work out, I'm all for switching in the +1 rooting modifier to Orclach as a possibility. They're one of the biggest races in Lusternia, and could stand to see having this inherent minor bonus.
  • The offerings mini perk was suggested by Viynain for the above reasons, it seemed to be a good fit thematically (reverence to Urlach and death) so I went with it with the idea the increase would be less than an offerings tattoo.

There are other options if it causes an imbalance.
  • Small update: The last notes had a typo, EMBRACE DEATH is 5/8 down from 6/8, not 5/10 down from 6/10.
    edited May 2015
    Currently, racial resistance to cold and fire reduces the effect of cold or hot weather. Will this be presevred?

Qistrel said:

Currently, racial resistance to cold and fire reduces the effect of cold or hot weather. Will this be presevred?

Wait.... what? Where is this documented?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    That's not true, as far as I'm aware.
    edited May 2015
    Announce Post 1955

o Racial fire susceptibility/tolerance will increase or decrease, as appropriate, the effect of heat upon your movement.

o Racial cold susceptibility/tolerance will do the same, but with cold weather.

• Oh man... no wonder I had such moving-around problems as a dracnari. Only being able to move -one- room every 1.5 seconds is absolutely not fun, it's rather high on the scale of increased frustration. Don't want to keep suspectibility. :(
  • The final version of the proposal has been submitted, the coding team is currently looking it over and unless they forsee any problems it'll be finalised and implemented as soon as possible.

I'd like to thank everyone for their discussion and feedback, here and in game. Assuming no unforseen circumstances, I'm looking forward to seeing this system go live, and how you all adjust to it, and I hope you all enjoy it too!
    Baelor said:

The final version of the proposal has been submitted, the coding team is currently looking it over and unless they forsee any problems it'll be finalised and implemented as soon as possible.

I'd like to thank everyone for their discussion and feedback, here and in game. Assuming no unforseen circumstances, I'm looking forward to seeing this system go live, and how you all adjust to it, and I hope you all enjoy it too!

Do we get to see the demi+ traits soon?

Disclaimer: I'm not asking to argue about them/take part in the process of deciding what they are. I'd just like to know what they actually will be.

• I am likewise interested in the demi+ traits since they'll impact the balance struck with the current demi traits.

If this is approved and does go live, are we then anticipating stats across the board flattening out now, or is it a two-step implementation of sorts?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Once this system does go in. I would suggest a change to the intro where the players initial race is set to the org-race for their starting home. Given stats won't really matter it would help promote new players being the "right" race for the org they join.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Presumably, this is not going to go live as soon as it's coded?
  • Turnus said:

Once this system does go in. I would suggest a change to the intro where the players initial race is set to the org-race for their starting home. Given stats won't really matter it would help promote new players being the "right" race for the org they join.

I would disagree with this.

If anything, it should go back to allowing a person to pick their race at the very start of it now that stats won't matter.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ayisdra said:

Turnus said:

I would disagree with this.

If anything, it should go back to allowing a person to pick their race at the very start of it now that stats won't matter.
    That makes the most sense to me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.