Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It lets you have a second trade skill.

Hey.

You know you're succeeding when people come and ask you for help with their illithoid/ninja rp. :D

• Cthazoth said:
    I'm tempted to switch from artisan. It's not very fun. But if I do, who will perform upkeep on my furniture?

EDIT: Ah I'll just save up for an endowment of the arts.
    I'd suggest a cord instead. Free skillflexing is awesome, and will fulfill what you need in terms of furniture upkeep at least. Plus, it costs 1000cr as opposed to 2000cr for an endowment.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Cthazoth said:
    I'm tempted to switch from artisan. It's not very fun. But if I do, who will perform upkeep on my furniture?

EDIT: Ah I'll just save up for an endowment of the arts.
    I'd suggest a cord instead. Free skillflexing is awesome, and will fulfill what you need in terms of furniture upkeep at least. Plus, it costs 1000cr as opposed to 2000cr for an endowment.
    Good point. When they say limited to consuming 50 lessons, they mean to switch skills and not how much allowed to learn, right?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Correct. Basically, you can change trades once an hour.
  • Correct.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Thanks!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • How it feels being a Ninjakari novice:

"Currently, there is 1 member on this Plane and 0 on other Planes."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Alendel said:
    How it feels being a Ninjakari novice:

"Currently, there is 1 member on this Plane and 0 on other Planes."
    Msg Nikkakorra Yo, I'm all new and stuff and need you to see if you can help me out.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • She's great lol just not around right at the moment
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    That time when you just have to walk in and let the zerg beat on you so they can feel accomplished and disperse and the little Gloms can go back to doing things they'd rather do.

#takeonefortheteam
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That time when you shout smug things, then poke in and out for no reason and die (looks like you DC'd, actually) and then go the forums and be more smug. #smugteam2015
    edited May 2015
    Did you just try to throw an RP shout in my face on the forums? Classy girl. 

That was me first seeing if it was actually a fight worth fighting, seeing that it was just a zerg with no intention of actually doing anything, and then letting serpent fall so you could kill me and stop hovering around the archway.

edit: You'll note that you all immediately dispersed. #whenitsrightitsright

You sense the following people:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         Allehnon - near the argent trunk of the Moonhart Mother Tree
            Asria - near the argent trunk of the Moonhart Mother Tree
        Avurekhos - near the argent trunk of the Moonhart Mother Tree
           Celina - the resonating centre of Glomdoring's black heart
             Knut - near the argent trunk of the Moonhart Mother Tree
      Phulbelishi - the resonating centre of Glomdoring's black heart
          Tremula - trees of warding
          Tylwyth - the resonating centre of Glomdoring's black heart
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Was that you throwing losing (?) in Seren's face on the forums and somehow still managing to be smug and superior about it? 
    edited May 2015
    I've "lost" to Seren several times in recent weeks, but okay. I just wanted the (unnamed until you started kvetching) zerg to stop camping the archway so we could carry on with our lives. Not liking that comment doesn't meany anything was "thrown in your face." 

edit: Nor does it justify forums RP!
  • edited May 2015
    Enyalida said:
    Was that you throwing losing (?) in Seren's face on the forums and somehow still managing to be smug and superior about it? 
    Since she/glom then killed the serens, and we wyrded faethorn and bound the fae, claiming she just "lost" is kinda dishonest.
    Dying=/=losing, well, not always.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Sure, my wife tells me to come watch a movie with her and then the real fighting starts.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited May 2015
    Celina said:
    I just wanted the (unnamed until you started kvetching) zerg to stop camping the archway so we could carry on with our lives.
    This is how I feel every time I hear "<person> on ethereal. Again."

EDIT: And yes, <person> was intentional, as there's a number of people it usually could be.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I maintain that you need to play on both sides for a bit. Like, maybe not the direct opposites, because, spying and stuff. But I used to play a Serenwilder and a Celestian back in the old Equinox vs Ironhart days, and I really noticed how skewed people's perspectives can get.

My original post really wasn't some kind of slight towards Seren, which is why I didn't mention names or orgs until Enyalida decided to throw down and score forums points over RP (funny how all the likes are from Celest though). Sometimes the Zerg is just a Zerg, and as Everinne pointed out, sometimes you don't want to deal with it or a person and do whatever to get them to leave. Which was my point. They weren't going to raid, it had been 15 minutes and they weren't leaving, and instead of them picking off more randoms who didn't know what was going on like they jumped on Lyora the Cookie Monster, I ate the nothing essence death so glom could go back to doing whatever and Seren would leave. Lo and behold that's exactly what happened.
    Both sides can be skewed, but I've literally seen a bigger Serenwilder say, "Let's go raid Glom, they don't have many people around.", go raid Ethereal Glom, get beaten back and pushed back behind their archway, then start handing out favors for "defense".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eww, raiding Faethorn. I avoid that as much as possible. It's not defense, I only uselessly fight for defense. That said, I will try to sneak in and snag fae while the fighters are busy fighting in Faethorn. I figure I can either flail about uselessly and die or I can grab fae while folks who might kill me over it are busy. I choose fae gathering. My character sees that as being a much more effective use of her abilities, as do I. I keep thinking someone will see me on QW and assume I'm part of the fight, and I'll be enemied, but so far so good! lol
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Shadowdancers, don't explode yet. I'm busy helping out four friends with their weddings.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I killed someone during that fight without even being in the same room. So ya'll shouldn't even bother coming into Faethorn anymore. Just sayin'. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Is this that thing that occurred when@Tylwyth kept yelling at md to leave when I got confused as to why I could not move?
  • edited May 2015
    Overkill!

Cursed with adoration for the Gods by Manteekan for 10 minutes.
    Cursed with no tongue by Mysrai for about 71 hours.

Wondering why He cursed me? Here: http://pastebin.com/fa1WrW4W
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • @Silea what do those do?
    The top one makes you randomly yell, shout, and say praises about the god.

The other one makes you unable to speak.
  • Manatee's curse makes me shout vile nonsense about how cool He is.

Mysrai's curse stops me from shouting vile nonsense about how cool Manteekan is.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    You havent truly pissed off a god until they kill you, bring you back to life, and kill you again.

Now I miss Terentia :(
This discussion has been closed.