QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    (Newbie): Adowen says, "Is there an IC explanation for why gold falls out of non-sentient animals?"
    (Newbie): Valen says, "Same reason why you can give an egg a handshake."
    (Newbie): Adowen says, "Hehe."
    (Newbie): Ssaliss says, "The monsters ate some gnomes, probably."
    (Newbie): Xenthos says, "Their pelts are made of gold coins!"
    (Newbie): Skein says, "Ours is not to question the whims of the Gods... it tends to be rather painful. Seriously though they may have eaten the coins a traveller dropped by accident."
  • Next time, you should recommend they checkout library book 8211.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    9571h, 4579m, 8045e, 1p, 26610en, 26622w mBlrxk<>-get corpse

A Forsaken warrior mutters and pokes his index finger towards you and makes a hooking gesture. Invisible energies slam against you, ripping apart your magical shield of protection.
    Flourishing a sword of tusk and ice above his head, a Forsaken warrior takes a swing at you. The strike to your right arm bursts an artery and blood spurts in all directions.
    A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
    You are afflicted with paralysis.
    Flourishing a sword of tusk and ice above his head, a Forsaken warrior takes a swing at you. The strike to your right arm bursts an artery and blood spurts in all directions.
    A magic aura flares around you and completely absorbs the damage.
    A Forsaken warrior hacks at your left ear, and blood fills your ear canal, making you somewhat dizzy.
    A Forsaken warrior strikes deep into your right foot, pinning it down with a sword of tusk and ice. You involuntarily crumple to a crouch and can think of nothing but freeing your impaled foot.
    Anticipating the movements of Ilistala, an enormous leopard, you manage to stay mounted.
    You are afflicted with sprawled.
    You are afflicted with entangled.
    A Forsaken warrior strikes deep into your right foot, pinning it down with a sword of tusk and ice. You involuntarily crumple to a crouch and can think of nothing but freeing your impaled foot.
    A Forsaken warrior hacks at your left ear, and blood fills your ear canal, making you somewhat dizzy.
    A Forsaken warrior draws his painted hands together, arching fingers and shifting positions just so, lining up painted markings.
    You scream hideously, crumbling to the ground and grasping at your head as a thousand unheard voices become heard.
    Your magic tome warms as it absorbs damage.
    A Forsaken warrior draws his painted hands together, arching fingers and shifting positions just so, lining up painted markings.
    You scream hideously, crumbling to the ground and grasping at your head as a thousand unheard voices become heard.
    Ilistala, an enormous leopard leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    Ilistala, an enormous leopard leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    316h, 4559m, 8045e, 1p, 26650en, 26648w mBlrkp<>-

A renewed aura of prismatic energy surges once more from your crown chakra and surrounds you.

Ow?
  • What's with them randomly attacking people anyways?
    Ushaara made them angry.

I had done the quest to pacify them with Tacita, but noooo, he thinks they're better off mad.  :(
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Psh, I sealed away the black winds! You should all be thanking me!

(but once I finally finish off the Iceangel curio collection, I'm likely to leave them pacified. Down to 3 rares and I think 5 regulars for the collection to be complete, so that's likely another 100 curios needed to get the ones I need :()
    Ushaara said:
    Psh, I sealed away the black winds! You should all be thanking me!

(but once I finally finish off the Iceangel curio collection, I'm likely to leave them pacified. Down to 3 rares and I think 5 regulars for the collection to be complete, so that's likely another 100 curios needed to get the ones I need :()
    Were there even any black winds?  I don't remember seeing any, and the quest to make them come out was bugged.  It was in a really good state when you interfered!
    Also, they may not stay pacified, because the Ice Angel curio set are now the only four curios I don't possess...

So, um.  :(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.

A masked faeling gives a rancid, booger green heart-shaped candy to you.

A rancid, booger green heart-shaped candy does not have a distinct taste.

As you chew and swallow on a rancid, booger green heart-shaped candy you are 
    overwhelmed with the taste of honeyed candy, intermingled with sugar and a warm, 
    comforting feeling as you swallow. Suddenly your whole world takes on a rancid, booger 
    green tint, though it soon fades away, a sense of warmth and protection lingering long 
    after.
    An ecstatic Shuyin exclaims, "I Hope You Choke On This One!"
  • edited February 2013
    Testing out beast breathe gas damage:

beast order breathe gas me
    A lordly basilisk with iron-clawed skeletal wings rears back and unhinges her jaws, breathing a stinking cloud at 
    you, and you scream as flesh dissolves from your bones.
    A lordly basilisk with iron-clawed skeletal wings leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    -_-

EDIT: This happened two more times in a row. I kid you not.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Chorist Lavendir, Apprentice of the Psalm (Female Aslaran).
    She is 16 years old, having been born on the 7th of Dioni, 330 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Landloper in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is a graduate of the Empyreal Academy (honours).
    She is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    She is not currently active in any family.
    See HONOURS FULL LAVENDIR to view her 2 special honours.

Chorist Lavendur, Apprentice of the Psalm (Male Aslaran).
    He is 16 years old, having been born on the 7th of Dioni, 330 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is unranked in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is a Vagrant in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a graduate of the Empyreal Academy (honours).
    He is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    He is not currently active in any family.
    See HONOURS FULL LAVENDUR to view his 2 special honours.

Siamese hermaphrodite twins, or just one person suffering a severe case of split personality?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • We also have a Chorist Lavendor, but he's apparently unrelated.
  • Haha, Mysrai. <3
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • I...don't get it.
    Morbo has bled to death.
    You see the death occur at a perfectly ordinary bedroom.

• Kiradawea said:
    Chorist Lavendir, Apprentice of the Psalm (Female Aslaran).
    She is 16 years old, having been born on the 7th of Dioni, 330 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Landloper in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is a graduate of the Empyreal Academy (honours).
    She is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    She is not currently active in any family.
    See HONOURS FULL LAVENDIR to view her 2 special honours.

Chorist Lavendur, Apprentice of the Psalm (Male Aslaran).
    He is 16 years old, having been born on the 7th of Dioni, 330 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is unranked in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is a Vagrant in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a graduate of the Empyreal Academy (honours).
    He is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    He is not currently active in any family.
    See HONOURS FULL LAVENDUR to view his 2 special honours.

Siamese hermaphrodite twins, or just one person suffering a severe case of split personality?
    Identical twins who are 99% sure they're the offspring of Junia and Unicron! Muahaha! Also, they're pretty awesome to talk to!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Enyalida Zayah raises a big foot slowly, eyebrows raised comically... and then puts it back down.

Raan congratulates Enyalida with some wild clapping.

Serenguard Raan, Jaguar Scout says, "Best. Dance. Ever."

You ask, "What's it called? The Tree life?"

Enyalida Zayah says, "I suppose."

Enyalida shrugs helplessly.

Enyalida Zayah says, "I wouldn't choose the tree life."

Enyalida Zayah says, "But it seems it chose me."
  • An expanse of ice.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. A blizzard rages here. A gleaming coronet fashioned of coral and shells lies here, 
    surrounded by a halo of white light. Nose upturned haughtily, Battalia, the kitsune stands here, her flaming body 
    crackling softly. A light brown pegasus with dark brown wings is here, eyeing his surroundings serenely. Thrusting 
    his gleaming ivory tusks in the air, a wiry haired mammoth with enormous ears stomps about here. Massive glowing 
    white wings filling much of the space around him, a fair hippogriff stands here, surrounded by a halo of soft white 
    light. Covered in bone armour, a striped badger is here, licking its paws. A russet pegasus with pale grey wings is 
    here, stomping at the ground with one hoof. A hallowed alphyn is here, serene white light splashed beneath his feet.
     Surrounded by green lightning, a fiery scarlet thunderbird spreads her white-feathered wings here, deep grey eyes 
    alight with a considerate intellect. A wall of wind swirls up from the ground here, hindering passage to the east. 
    A majestic, white stag with alabaster wings wanders about here, his head held regally. Commander Shuyin is here. He 
    wields a steel rapier bearing aquatic motifs in each hand. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. She wields a shield 
    of silvered vines in her left hand and a flowering garland in her right. A growling badger snuffles by her roots. A 
    solstice dragon lies coiled here, blowing puffs of red and green smoke. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. He 
    wields a loboshigaru rapier in tribute to Loboshi's courage in his left hand and a loboshigaru rapier in tribute to 
    Volkh's spirit in his right. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. She wields a gleaming symbol of hope in her left 
    hand and a winged star-crested greatshield in her right. Commander Shuyin is riding on a fiery scarlet thunderbird. 
    He wields a worn bardiche of corroding iron with both hands. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. He wields a 
    riveted triangular shield in his left hand and a radiant chalice in his right. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. 
    She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left hand. Dame Suspira McCloud, Disciple of the Dawn is here, shrouded. 
    She wields a rapier limned with Celestial Light in each hand. A solstice dragon lies coiled here, blowing puffs of 
    red and green smoke. Commander Shuyin is here. He wields a gnarled iron tahto staff with both hands. Commander 
    Shuyin is here. She wields a tahto of glittering onyx and amethyst swirls with both hands. Commander Shuyin is here.
     She wields an amethyst aetheric amplifier in her left hand. Orbiting around her head are several spinning crystals.
  • MoiMoi
    edited February 2013
    At the Life Domoth:

You see the following people here:
    Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin, Shuyin

E:

An expanse of ice.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. A blizzard rages here. A gleaming coronet fashioned of coral and shells lies here, surrounded by a halo of white light. Nose upturned haughtily, Battalia, the kitsune stands here, her flaming body crackling softly. A light brown pegasus with dark brown wings is here, eyeing his surroundings serenely. Thrusting his gleaming ivory tusks in the air, a wiry haired mammoth with enormous ears stomps about here. Massive glowing white wings filling much of the space around him, a fair hippogriff stands here, surrounded by a halo of soft white light. Covered in bone armour, a striped badger is here, licking its paws. A russet pegasus with pale grey wings is here, stomping at the ground with one hoof. A hallowed alphyn is here, serene white light splashed beneath his feet. Surrounded by green lightning, a fiery scarlet thunderbird spreads her white-feathered wings here, deep grey eyes alight with a considerate intellect. A wall of wind swirls up from the ground here, hindering passage to the east. A majestic, white stag with alabaster wings wanders about here, his head held regally. Commander Shuyin is here. He wields a steel rapier bearing aquatic motifs in each hand. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. He wields a holy symbol of the light in his left hand. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. He wields a loboshigaru rapier in tribute to Loboshi's courage in his left hand and a loboshigaru rapier in tribute to Volkh's spirit in his right. A solstice dragon lies coiled here, blowing puffs of red and green smoke. Commander Shuyin is riding on a fiery scarlet thunderbird. He wields a worn bardiche of corroding iron with both hands. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. He wields a riveted triangular shield in his left hand and a radiant chalice in his right. Commander Shuyin is here. She wields a shield of silvered vines in her left hand and a flowering garland in her right. A growling badger snuffles by her roots. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left hand. Commander Shuyin is here. He wields a gnarled iron tahto staff with both hands. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. She wields a rapier limned with Celestial Light in each hand. Commander Shuyin is here. She wields a tahto of glittering onyx and amethyst swirls with both hands. Commander Shuyin is here. She wields an amethyst aetheric amplifier in her left hand. Orbiting around her head are several spinning crystals. Commander Shuyin is here, shrouded. She wields a gleaming symbol of hope in her left hand and a winged star-crested greatshield in her right.
    You see exits leading east and west.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I approve.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Also from that:

(Clan): Iytha says, "Although I'm personally fold of clams."

(Clan): You say, "Are you, Iytha?"

(Clan): Morbo says, "I get it, clams."

(Clan): Morbo says, "Because you're a lesbian."

(Other Clan): You say, "All these clam references."

(Other Clan): You say, "Have me int-."

(Other Clan): You say, "What."

(Other Clan): You say, "OH GOD."

(Other Clan): You say, "YES."

(Other Clan): Dynami says, "LOL."

(Other Clan): You say, "FINALLY."

(Clan): Iytha says, "Err, no. It's a joke for Serenwilde."

(Clan): You say, "I thought it was funny."

(Clan): You say, "I still do."
  • There was also a brief push to name the new alliance clan "Super Awesome Domoth Participation And National Defense Alliance."

Thankfully we talked Hallifax out of it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Puns abound. Like I said, NO HALLIFAX, BAD. You cannot be in charge of the acronyms. No SADPANDA, and no repeats of that Institute naming disaster. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm personally gutted you guys didn't go with the name we gave you of "Team Snugglef##k"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Best. April. Fools. EVER!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's a good thing to know OOCly that Serenwilde and Hallifax have finally decided to team up with Celest, despite having no reason to besides "We want to beat on Mag for a bit!"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, not speaking for anyone else here, but for me it's more along the lines of "Sure want to be in alliance again, but definitely want something fresh this time:"