Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    How do you deal with Achaea if you can't handle an enemy status here?

You're not even trying, 

FORGET AETHERCRAFT PERMANENTLY to get those lessons back

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited June 2015
    Tylwyth said:

Hmm, I can confirm I approached Kierstin and Ena in faethorn, mostly to see if they were taking/killing fae(not an unreasonable concern). I didn't say anything to anyone in Glom or plan on attacking anyone. Since I didn't know they were planning on dueling each other I assumed they would just leave or ignore me.There was a small chance we might have done a little RP(mostly along the lines of them being annoyed I was there and Tylwyth seeing no reason to leave). I do think @Celina is right about faethorn not being a smart place to hang out for a known faekillers. Once others detected them fighting started. I think the "stalking" stuff comes from that, not sure. IC Tylwyth doesn't care[cuz "faekiller!"], so isn't going to try to clarify anything.

The biggest issue I have is the whole "faekiller" thing. Neither have us have ever killed Fae. Ever. Ever. Ever ever ever. Ever.  (Edit: I killed the eaf when they first came out, if that counts, I guess)
  • edited June 2015
    You may have seen my responses to her message which was snotty as she replied with insults to my inquiry about her being in Faethorn. 
    @Nymera she was in Faethorn I was called to defend it. That is provocation but thanks again for further accusing me of being a griefer.  

I have tried to understand mag culture yet every time I do Marcella or Ikini or some highly agreesive person decides to start treating me like I am trash. My very first experiance ever with a Magnagoran was with Marcella and an Ikon battle whre she made inults about me, Glomdoring and Viravain.  Then at the Bloodfaire Ikini out of nowhere insults me (my second Mag interaction btw)  And I had to deal with Marcella the entire time. The only people Makaela has ben bitchy towards are those who were bitchy towards her except the time I bitched at Lavinya when Marcella pushed my buttons at the faire.that she knew Gloms would attack i
    Enadonella was in territory she knew she was not welcome in,, Knew that iof found there she would be attacked. There was a call over hte Glom combat clan that thwey were there etc, I went to help defend How is that her legitimatly not doing anything to deserve the attack? It was not just me I was the last person to arrive before Enadonella got away just saying.

@Synkarin why would I try when the response I got on my initial attemp was nothing more than Lol! Yeah right Enadonella was attacked without provocation She was not Stalking your person it was not a defensive thing you responded to.  Esca ignored everything I had to say what chance do I honestly have against that?  Atleast in Achaea they have to have a reason that is not a fabricated lie to enemy you that is how I deal with it there.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enadonella was in territory she knew she was not welcome in,, Knew that iof found there she would be attacked. There was a call over hte Glom combat clan that thwey were there etc, I went to help defend How is that her legitimatly not doing anything to deserve the attack? It was not just me I was the last person to arrive before Enadonella got away just saying.

You do realise that while ethereal is sort of protected by the forests, that doesn't mean you should just attack anyone else you find there, nor that you should expect them to smile and nod when you attack them there, right? Simply being in Faethorn doesn't "give you the right" to attack them. It's just a reason people use.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus I came in response to a defensive call! So its not like I made up a reason to just attack her. But go on tell yourself whatever lies you need to say she is innocent.   If I was on Nil and Enemied to Mag you'd attack me just the same.  FUnny how everyone ignores that even @Salome stated tyhat she started the defenseive action against them but go ahead pin it on me using ooc hate against a person I know nothing about and the one time I tried to inquire as to why they were in Faethorn in an attempt to confirm or find out was false the accusations on them.  Then I got that message then replied with my snarky one.
    edited June 2015
    Makaela said:
    @Synkarin why would I try when the response I got on my initial attemp was nothing more than Lol! Yeah right Enadonella was attacked without provocation She was not Stalking your person it was not a defensive thing you responded to.  Esca ignored everything I had to say what chance do I honestly have against that?  Atleast in Achaea they have to have a reason that is not a fabricated lie to enemy you that is how I deal with it there.

Mountains out of molehills here.  

You have lots of excuses but have taken no responsibility.

As I've said before, enemy status doesn't really stop anything. I still waltz almost anywhere I please. (shakefist guards on Glorianna)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The forum rage won't help anything. It will just make you angrier, and certainly won't influence anything in character. Go chill, stop reading posts, relax. Goosfraba.

• This is gold. I didn't even read half of it because there was no tl;dr, but still gold.
    So much rage.
  • @Synkarin So... contacting the person who enemied me.. Getting no where with htat. Being told it would never happen.. is me not trying. Got it
  • @Makaela love. I wont tell you what to do, we haven't spoken but once that I know of. But love, turn the computer off, go outside and get some fresh air.

Really, take a breather, the lot here can be rather forgiving.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Nocht said:

Let's all calm down!
    I think everyone missed this post somehow... 
  • Kierstin said:

The biggest issue I have is the whole "faekiller" thing. Neither have us have ever killed Fae. Ever. Ever. Ever ever ever. Ever.  (Edit: I killed the eaf when they first came out, if that counts, I guess)

FOr the record I have no memory of you killing fae, IC I'm just going by what others have said. If it's a nasty rumor I can totally see how that would be annoying OOC. And I don't remember calling you a faekiller IC myself. Just here. I can talk to Salome IC see what she's going off of. Not sure if that will go anywhere but I can try.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Makaela said:
    @Synkarin So... contacting the person who enemied me.. Getting no where with htat. Being told it would never happen.. is me not trying. Got it
    Yep, again an excuse. You hit a pothole and you're acting like you fell into a bottomless pit. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Nil is owned by Magnagora. Ethereal Glomdoring is owned by Glomdoring. See what I did there?

Faethorn is owned by...nobody. Maybe Maeve. You protect it, but technically there are no "rules" saying you should just kill people found there. It's the same as if I see you hunting orcs in Shallach, and I tell you that because I'm an orc, that's my protectorate, and you can't be there or I'll kill you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    You're enemied to Magnagora. Big deal. Get over it.
  • @Synkarin I was told it would never be undone.  What options do I really have?  Seriously give me them I mean I could contact others but at ths point its just ooc reasons theyd do it not IC.  IC why would they gop against what another Iron Council has decided?
  • Obligatory inb4lock

Enemy statuses are not a big deal outside of you no longer being able to walk into at most 10 areas? (Prime territory, elemental, cosmic, nexus world, order realms). You can still definitely interact with any and all Magnagorans if you like, since there'd be like 100+ other areas you can bump into each other. Plus, TELLs would still work, as would letters, etc. Enemy status is really not much of a handicap, at all.

Kalliste said:
    Nocht said:

Let's all calm down!

• Crek said:
    Nope. Also not enemied to Faethorn when I checked. I don't really know who started the rumor and I doubt Enadonella at least would suddenly start killing them.
    Yeah, so... I tend to believe any reports of 'fae-killing' just because I usually don't care enough to find out if it's true, both ic and ooc. Unless Keth likes the person, in which case clearly the report is a lie. I don't really get the whole concept of fairness or truth-telling in this sort of thing. My character is horribly biased and that's the why I like it. 

Pretty sure @Tylwyth started the rumor? I dunno? Let's talk about that instead!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Take Isluna's advice, take a break

Nothing is permanent in Lusternia

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring

Shaddus said:
    Kalliste said:
    Nocht said:

Let's all calm down!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There's always someone higher on the chain of command. One person isn't interested in discussing it, go to someone else. The Ambassador. The Warlord. Another Iron Councillor. There are still plenty of options to be exhausted yet. But given you've given away all your stuff and are forgetting lessons, all of this is now moot. Stop posting, go chill. Come back another day and either pick up with a fresh perspective or a new character or whatever.

• Frankly, a lot of Mag's roleplay -is- treating people from other orgs like scum. I'm sorry you got caught up in it, but from an IC perspective, that's what happened. Honestly, the suggestion to go take a breather is a good one. Even alting! I have a few scattered alts just for when I get burnt out on some drama, I go play elsewhere for a while. :) 

I promise that not everyone is as much of a jerk as it might seem. Hell, even @Taevyn is a nice guy even if I secretly have a voodoo doll of him I poke pins into every time he raids. 

• Nymerya said:
    Frankly, a lot of Mag's roleplay -is- treating people from other orgs like scum. I'm sorry you got caught up in it, but from an IC perspective, that's what happened. Honestly, the suggestion to go take a breather is a good one. Even alting! I have a few scattered alts just for when I get burnt out on some drama, I go play elsewhere for a while. :) 

I promise that not everyone is as much of a jerk as it might seem. Hell, even @Taevyn is a nice guy even if I secretly have a voodoo doll of him I poke pins into every time he raids. 
    I want a voodoo doll!!! Really I do!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Isluna said:

I want a voodoo doll!!! Really I do!

They are exceptionally therapeutic! 
  • Vetala said:
    Solange said:
    Most Mags don't like Mags, @Makaela, don't take it personally. 

I like almost all of you, honestly.

I said MOST :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You say, "These young girls and their sense of fashion."

You peer at vespertine thigh-high boots with six-inch heels unscrupulously.

Defensively raising his hands, Rawth backs away from the situation slowly.

You say, "My undead heart flutters at the prospect."

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    Shaddus said:

You do realise that while ethereal is sort of protected by the forests, that doesn't mean you should just attack anyone else you find there, nor that you should expect them to smile and nod when you attack them there, right? Simply being in Faethorn doesn't "give you the right" to attack them. It's just a reason people use.

Totally unrelated to the ongoing meltdown. Faethorn is under the explicit protection of both forests, and even routinely aligns with both forests. If it had been a new moon, Enadonella would have actually been attacked by the fae. Glom and seren have every right to attack anyone who steps in faethorn that has been enemied to either one. It is not neutral territory. It's not "just a reason," the forests cannot exist without it. Edit: just for general knowledge.
    Celina said:
    Shaddus said:

Totally unrelated to the ongoing meltdown. Faethorn is under the explicit protection of both forests, and even routinely aligns with both forests. If it had been a new moon, Enadonella would have actually been attacked by the fae. Glom and seren have every right to attack anyone who steps in faethorn that has been enemied to either one. It is not neutral territory. It's not "just a reason," the forests cannot exist without it. Edit: just for general knowledge.
    I'm fully aware of the forests' attachment to Faethorn. My point is that Makaela thinks it justified to attack someone in Faethorn, and to her it is. To a cityfolk, it's unjustified, and they can enemy her for it.
This discussion has been closed.