General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I thought you were still taking about kids for a second. I wouldn't value them quite as highly as a mid range laptop, myself. :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Nyxx said:

Tarkenton said:

Got puked on yesterday by my almost four year old who was on hunger strike over not wanting to eat his dinner. Got a bite down and in him, he swallows, works himself up to throwing up all over me. Was mostly water since this had, at that point, been a twenty four hour struggle.

At that point, I figured I sort of won (he did eat it) but yeah. Don't have kids unless you want a drunk, belligerent, pooing and vomiting roommate that you can't kick out.

Best thing to do for kids not wanting to eat, it just let them not eat. If they get hungry enough they will eat. They do usually slow down if they are sick or having a growth spurt.

It wasn't slowing down. He ate most of a loaf of bread today, apparently. I pretty much caved after 24 hours. Next time? No mercy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Woke up today with @Pectus and found a literal trail of blood going from our kitchen to our bathroom. There were pools of it still congealing on the linoleum, and dried stains on the carpet. After figuring out the source (we worried it was cats, but it turns out the father-in-law knocked over a glass salad bowl, got a shard stuck in his foot, and didn't tell anyone) we ended up on our hands and knees scrubbing out stains with lemon juice. *shudder*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Chkdsk'd last night, which took at least three hours. No problems detected. System restore doesn't seem to work. The srttrail.txt log says some file is corrupted, but doesn't indicate which.

So it's off to the friendly local compy repair dude. Thankfully he really is friendly and won't make me feel like a dunce.
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RIP T_T
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Had the ghetto bird and a whole bunch of police in my neighborhood for the last couple hours.   They just barely left.  Searched all our yards and everything, don't think they found anybody.

Any idea what's going on, @tarkenton
    Stangmar - Retired

I haven't heard anything.  Check LVRJ?
  • Nothing.  The internet is dead silent on this.  All I can tell is they haven't caught the guy yet....

Anyways...going to go to bed with the gun safe unlocked for quicker access tonight methinks.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Nothing.  The internet is dead silent on this.  All I can tell is they haven't caught the guy yet....

Anyways...going to go to bed with the gun safe unlocked for quicker access tonight methinks.
    Splendid idea. Someone dangerous is out there (why else would you need a gun?), and you leave the safe to your guns open so he can just pick them up on the way.
  • Tremula said:

Woke up today with @Pectus and found a literal trail of blood going from our kitchen to our bathroom. There were pools of it still congealing on the linoleum, and dried stains on the carpet. After figuring out the source (we worried it was cats, but it turns out the father-in-law knocked over a glass salad bowl, got a shard stuck in his foot, and didn't tell anyone) we ended up on our hands and knees scrubbing out stains with lemon juice. *shudder*

The cringiest part of this is that you didn't use bleach. Any sort of bodily fluid should ALWAYS get the bleach treatment first. And if you think you've bleached enough, bleach more.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Stangmar said:
    Nothing.  The internet is dead silent on this.  All I can tell is they haven't caught the guy yet....

Splendid idea. Someone dangerous is out there (why else would you need a gun?), and you leave the safe to your guns open so he can just pick them up on the way.
    It's a handgun safe underneath my bed. I'm a light sleeper and he'd have to get through 2 doors that both make noise, past an annoyingly loud dog, and then be in my face while getting to the safe.  

By unlocking it, I ensured that I need only wake up, reach down there and grab it, without having to get up, find my keys, and then open it. 

Stangmar - Retired

• Woke up today with @Pectus and found a literal trail of blood going from our kitchen to our bathroom. There were pools of it still congealing on the linoleum, and dried stains on the carpet. After figuring out the source (we worried it was cats, but it turns out the father-in-law knocked over a glass salad bowl, got a shard stuck in his foot, and didn't tell anyone) we ended up on our hands and knees scrubbing out stains with lemon juice. *shudder*
    The cringiest part of this is that you didn't use bleach. Any sort of bodily fluid should ALWAYS get the bleach treatment first. And if you think you've bleached enough, bleach more.
    I'm highly, highly allergic to bleach. And we couldn't use bleech on a brown carpet.

• Ah, that makes sense. I'm pretty lax about cleaning in general but anything to do with body fluids I go overboard with because that stuff grosses me right the heck out. And also I more or less do all the janitorial stuff at my job.

Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • Windows 8 and forced restarts.

No, screaming at it does not work. (Nor does crying and begging)
  • Aruin said:
    Windows 8 and forced restarts.

but changing your update settings to not auto install updates should. Unless they took that out of windows 8.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aruin said:

A specific registry edit does, though.  I never remember it off the top of my head, so it usually comes as a panicked "AAAAHHHHH GOOGLE SAVE ME!"

Changing the key does actually stop the restart, but your computer will keep timing down (so you'll get the 5 minute warning etc).  You can't really be sure that it worked until the computer does not actually reboot.
  • edited June 2015
    may your tits fall off.
    drop dead.
    thx.

--------------
    not anyone in lusternia

this is the thread to vent yes? mister who flagged this post! @Eritheyl
    is dead like the dodo
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Aruin said:

Had this happen to me during the hamsterhunt this morning, at the halfway mark.

Thank every god and not-god I logged back in to all of my points, though. Wheee.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Apparently my computer is suddenly not legit anymore.

The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Come to Linux?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2015
    Switched from 2nd shift (3pm to 1am) to 1st shift (5am to 3pm) this week. Not only should 5am be made illegal, but my sleep patterns are craptastic.

This also gives me little time to be on Lusternia because I sleep so much trying to adjust. :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • 94 degrees F where I live today (34 degrees C). Not a fun time.

Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • Sometimes I wish I had kids so I could watch cartoons without being judged.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    Sometimes I wish I had kids so I could watch cartoons without being judged.
    Naw girl. You watch those cartoons and be proud of it. Unless they're lame, in which case you deserved to be judged.
    I used to make cakes.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    94 degrees F where I live today (34 degrees C). Not a fun time.
    Sounds chilly. Fire up the heater!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • 94...hah! it's been 100+ already here in hell....Las Vegas.
    Stangmar - Retired

I've been loving it.
  • Ok Satan :p
    Stangmar - Retired

• Summer can be over four months ago, thanks.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.